Southern_Canadian

AOS FILERS: NOVEMBER 2008

1,967 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Hi Everyone

Well I am still waiting for my i-485 to be approved.

I recieved two emails from Cris today, one telling me my work authorisation had been approved, I knew that was approved on 20th April lol.

The other said my case was transferred to California, I knew that too, it was transferred on May 20th,lol.

I got excited to see an email from them thinking it was my approval, more waiting to come I guess :angry:

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Hi Everyone

I recieved two emails from Cris today, one telling me my work authorisation had been approved, I knew that was approved on 20th April lol.

The other said my case was transferred to California, I knew that too, it was transferred on May 20th,lol.

I got excited to see an email from them thinking it was my approval, more waiting to come I guess :angry:

I got an email from cris today saying i had been approved. no uscis for 2 years thankfully.

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

Hi Everyone

I got an email from cris today saying i had been approved. no uscis for 2 years thankfully.

Congratulations on the GC!!! I was just peeking through the AOS threads as I will be filing hopefully the end of October, if not beginning of November this year. Why did your EAD take 150 days to be approved? :o

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Timeline
Hi Everyone

Congratulations on the GC!!! I was just peeking through the AOS threads as I will be filing hopefully the end of October, if not beginning of November this year. Why did your EAD take 150 days to be approved? :o

I had a rfe and when you do it takes forever.

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

Hi Everyone

Sorry about the RFE! I looked at your timeline, I must have been tired last night I didn't see RFE date until today :bonk: May I ask what the RFE was for?

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

ROC

y7nv8l5t.png

Timeline
Hi Everyone

Sorry about the RFE! I looked at your timeline, I must have been tired last night I didn't see RFE date until today :bonk: May I ask what the RFE was for?

Sure you can, my husband transposed his income amount on the form, they then thought we were below the income levels, we had to send a new form and it was fine but the processing times start again which is not fair really as the correct info was on the tax form they had.

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

Hi Everyone

Sure you can, my husband transposed his income amount on the form, they then thought we were below the income levels, we had to send a new form and it was fine but the processing times start again which is not fair really as the correct info was on the tax form they had.

I'm sorry that it was such a long delay for you!! All water under the bridge now! 2 years of freedom from USCIS!!! Congratulations!!

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

ROC

y7nv8l5t.png

Timeline
Hi Everyone

I'm sorry that it was such a long delay for you!! All water under the bridge now! 2 years of freedom from USCIS!!! Congratulations!!

Thank you and good luck with your entry into the us and your wedding.

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Could you guys please help

We still havnt gotten our interview yet. We filed AOS on November and STILL havnt heard anything about an interview date

Is ANYONE (who filed in NOvember) out there still waiting on approvals ?

Thanks

Timeline

We still havnt gotten our interview yet. We filed AOS on November and STILL havnt heard anything about an interview date

Thanks

Hi There, I only had mine approved last week, but can you give some more info for an accurate reply, has your case been transferred to California, have you recieved any rfes. If you could put details in your timeline it will help others to help you.

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

Timeline

Thanks

Hi There, I only had mine approved last week, but can you give some more info for an accurate reply, has your case been transferred to California, have you recieved any rfes. If you could put details in your timeline it will help others to help you.

Yes it was transfered to california on Dec 5th.

No we havnt received any RFE's

I wonder if its because we moved and forgot to update our address for about 2 months.

Will they have CANCELLED us out because of that ?

When we call the service center, they don't see anything wrong with it. They say its within normal processing times. (But I dont think so )

Thanks for helping

Timeline

Thanks

I wonder if its because we moved and forgot to update our address for about 2 months.

When we call the service center, they don't see anything wrong with it. They say its within normal processing times. (But I dont think so )

Thanks for helping

Ok as it was transferred to california you wont get an interview it will just be approved from there so thats good news.

I strongly suggest you advise them of a change of address.

It is unlikely they cancelled it otherwise when you called they would have said something about that.

They always seem to say its within processing times, but as I have only just got mine you should hear something soon.

If you havent done so you can go to www.uscis.gov and enrol for email updates and there you can check of the status of your application too.

Good Luck.

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

Timeline

Thanks

Thanks for helping

Ok as it was transferred to california you wont get an interview it will just be approved from there so thats good news.

It is unlikely they cancelled it otherwise when you called they would have said something about that.

They always seem to say its within processing times, but as I have only just got mine you should hear something soon.

If you havent done so you can go to www.uscis.gov and enrol for email updates and there you can check of the status of your application too.

Good Luck.

Thank you for your info

We went to Infopass today and they said it was on someones desk.

What does this mean ? Well. I know its on someones desk....but how much fregian longer nowwwwwww ?

We live in Dallas, and they told us that we Would have an interview...You had said "no interview" if it comes from CSC. Why ? Could you explain this....Im getting VERY nervous...

The officer was telling us that they could deny us even if we looked suspicious ? Why would she tell us that ?? We dont look suspicious !!

Timeline

Thanks

Thanks for helping

Good Luck.

Thank you for your info

We went to Infopass today and they said it was on someones desk.

What does this mean ? Well. I know its on someones desk....but how much fregian longer nowwwwwww ?

We live in Dallas, and they told us that we Would have an interview...You had said "no interview" if it comes from CSC. Why ? Could you explain this....Im getting VERY nervous...

The officer was telling us that they could deny us even if we looked suspicious ? Why would she tell us that ?? We dont look suspicious !!

If you came to the usa on a K1 you would have been interviewed by a consular officer, that being the case, they seem to transfer a lot of k1s to california for faster processing or so they say lol. If its transferred to csc they just approve no interview.

I dont know why the person told you about being suspicios, but I wouldnt worry at this point, they will inform you if they need anything further.

Good Luck

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

We are October filers but just to give you another statistic, his case was transferred to CSC around Nov. AP and EAD received Jan. May, in response to an outside processing times request we received a letter stating it was currently being reviewed by an immigration officer, two months later (guess he read one page a week) and exactly nine months after we filed a RFE was sent out which we have yet to receive.

I know it is very frustrating when u see ppl who filed months after you being approved and getting the green card and salt in the wound when you were told it was being transferred to CSC for faster processing.

Just keep hoping and enjoying your marriage. At least your SO is here with you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.