Southern_Canadian

AOS FILERS: NOVEMBER 2008

1,967 posts in this topic

Hello everybody! I had my interview on tuesday, everything went very well. I got a stamp in my passport saying that i was approved as CF1.(in case if i leave the US before i get my green card) and today i received my "welcome to america" letter.

K-1 visa

I-129F -sent on 20 March 2008

I got my visa on 28 Aug 2008

Arrival to US on 30 Aug 2008

I got my SSN on 26 Sept 2008

We got married on 1 oct 2008

I got my ID card on 15 oct 2008

AOS

3 NOV 2008- I-485,I-131,I-765 sent to Chicago

13 NOV 2008- check was cashed

18 NOV -I got 3 NoA for my papers dated 13 Nov 2008

24 NOV- biometrics NOA

4 DEC- biometrics appointment

13 DEC- RFE (tax papers)

26 DEC, 31 DEC, 8 JAN- biometrics had to be retaken :(

9 JAN - Case processing has resumed

4March- AOS Interview NOA

7 APR- green card interview -approved

I-751- conditions removal Vermont SC

19 Jan -sent the package

21 Jan- the package was received by USCIS (NOA dated 1/25)

28 Jan- check was cashed

24 Feb- Fingerprints Appointment

6 July - Approval notice

9 July - Green card received

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

How many November filers are left that don't have approvals yet?

Cassi & Benny's Important Dates

4/19/07 - Met Online ***** 8/12/08 - K1 Visa Received (191 days between NOA1 & receipt)
11/9/08 - MARRIED *****
2/9/09 - EAD Received (78 days between NOA1 & receipt)

4/11/09 - Green Card Received (139 days between NOA1 & receipt)
5/21/11 - 10Y Green Card Received (127 days between NOA1 & receipt)

5/16/13 - Bought our house

9/26/13 Oath (114 days between NOA1 & ceremony)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

We are still waiting. I'm upset that they lost our stuff, made us pay to re-do it, and now we wait.

Our AOS timeline from a K-1

AOS packet sent in to Chicago Lockbox on November 11, 2008

AOS packet rec. on November 12, 2008

NOA1 for AOS packet (I-485, I-765, and I-131) on 11/19/08

12/12/08 Biometrics Appointment

12/2/08 RFE for original Mexican (in Spanish) birth certificate- we had only sent in the translated copy- they wanted both (our fault, but they has 2 copies from before…)

12/11/08 RFE rec. at Lees Summit, MO and resumed processing

12/12/08 Can see I-485 case online (the other 2 no)

12/18/08 I-485 transferred to CSC for processing...

1/13/09 Advance Parole approved

1/14/09 EAD card production ordered

1/19/09 Advance Parole rec. in mail

1/23/09 I-485 touched

1/26/09 I-485 touched again

1/26/09 Approval Notice sent for EAD

1/26/09 EAD card rec. in mail

2/3/09 Got MN Driver's License

2/24/09 RFE sent from CSC (find out through email): don't know what it could be for???

3/2/09 RFE arrives in the mail- USCIS lost our medical exam results and we have to re-do the medical here in the U.S. within a month

3/6/09 New medical ($228.00)

3/8/09 Went back to civil surgeon to read TB skin test results- negative (civil surgeon said that husband did NOT need to be x-rayed in Ciudad Juarez at all)

3/8/09 Sent back RFE to CSC

3/10/09 RFE rec. at CSC- signed for by L. Fairbanks

Still waiting today (4/11/09) for any notice from USCIS that it was rec.- case status online only shows that they sent out the RFE. Called two times and was told I must wait 60 days after they rec. it until they do anything, even look for it.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Still no approval for us..it's been exactly one month since the interview and we're still waiting..

5-13-09: Green card approved.

6-24-09: Received green card.

8-13-11: Received 10-year green card.

2-21-12: Sent N-400 to Dallas Lock box.

7-18-12: Naturalization interview (passed!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Still no approval for us..it's been exactly one month since the interview and we're still waiting..

Still nothing, i have service requests placed on Ead and Ap, I have been trying for 6 weeks to get infopass appointments but there are always none available, so we are just stuck waiting.

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just to add our GC's came in the post today only two or three days after our 'Welcome' letters. :thumbs:

Once again good luck to all those waiting and all the best for the future!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

We got our third RFE today. The want us to send a copy of our marriage certificate- again. It's sort of funny because I even bothered to go and pay the money to get a certified copy for the AOS packet, just hoping to avoid any problems. This should be the easy part for USCIS- K-1 and consulate already approved, got married in the 90 days, make enough money, have a real realtionship, etc. Just give us the card, please. I made an appt. for Infopass and we are going on Tuesday. At this point, I am wondering if they just lost everything. Ugh.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Benny received the GC in the mail yesteday. He looked at it and asked why it was called the green card since it's not green.

Cassi & Benny's Important Dates

4/19/07 - Met Online ***** 8/12/08 - K1 Visa Received (191 days between NOA1 & receipt)
11/9/08 - MARRIED *****
2/9/09 - EAD Received (78 days between NOA1 & receipt)

4/11/09 - Green Card Received (139 days between NOA1 & receipt)
5/21/11 - 10Y Green Card Received (127 days between NOA1 & receipt)

5/16/13 - Bought our house

9/26/13 Oath (114 days between NOA1 & ceremony)

I have a question about the interview....

On the letter with the interview date, in the checklist of things it says to bring it says the I-693 (unless already submitted)

when we sent our paperwork, we didn't send in an I-693, we sent in a copy of the DS-3025 with a letter stating that the necessary paperwork should have been included in the sealed envelope turned in at POE and that if further evidence was needed, we would send it in.

We never got an RFE for the I-693, so assumed that all the proper paperwork was received.

Now I am worried that they will ask for one at the interview. Also with it coming up on being nearly a year since my husband's medical was done in London (June 30, 2008), I'm afraid if we contact a civil surgeon they will refuse to transcribe his vaccination chart without doing a full medical. When I had begun calling around to the ones in the area when we were initially compiling the paperwork for AOS in November of last year, they were basically refusing to only transcribe at that point as well and were very reluctantly giving me prices of like $100US for transcribing.

I know about Dr Arnold and know many people have gone that route and not had problems, but I'm still wary of doing that.

My husband does not have a job yet and we don't have the money this month to pay for a full medical again or even only getting his DS-3025 transcribed at the prices if I find someone here to do it.

What do you think we should do? :unsure:

ETA: also...if we go to the interview without it, and they ask for it...would they give us an RFE at that point to go and get it transcribed?

Edited by sarah_n_robbie

Sarahusaukflag.jpgRobbie

Our ROC Journey

Feb 23, 2011: ROC packet sent to VSC

Feb 24, 2011: Packet rec'd at VSC

Feb 25, 2011: NOA date

Mar 04, 2011: Rec'd NOA dated 2/25

Mar 18, 2011: Rec'd Biometrics Appt letter

Apr 08, 2011: Biometrics Appointment

Aug 26, 2011: Approval letter rec'd dated 8/22

I have a question about the interview....

On the letter with the interview date, in the checklist of things it says to bring it says the I-693 (unless already submitted)

when we sent our paperwork, we didn't send in an I-693, we sent in a copy of the DS-3025 with a letter stating that the necessary paperwork should have been included in the sealed envelope turned in at POE and that if further evidence was needed, we would send it in.

We never got an RFE for the I-693, so assumed that all the proper paperwork was received.

Now I am worried that they will ask for one at the interview. Also with it coming up on being nearly a year since my husband's medical was done in London (June 30, 2008), I'm afraid if we contact a civil surgeon they will refuse to transcribe his vaccination chart without doing a full medical. When I had begun calling around to the ones in the area when we were initially compiling the paperwork for AOS in November of last year, they were basically refusing to only transcribe at that point as well and were very reluctantly giving me prices of like $100US for transcribing.

I know about Dr Arnold and know many people have gone that route and not had problems, but I'm still wary of doing that.

My husband does not have a job yet and we don't have the money this month to pay for a full medical again or even only getting his DS-3025 transcribed at the prices if I find someone here to do it.

What do you think we should do? :unsure:

ETA: also...if we go to the interview without it, and they ask for it...would they give us an RFE at that point to go and get it transcribed?

I'm making assumptions... I think that if there was anything missing (ie. different medical forms) from your application they would have sent you an RFE. I'm pretty sure that if they request something you can't show they will ask you to produce it (RFE) at a later date. This may prolong the process, but at least your hubby can already work, right?

I wasn't asked for my medical at my interview.

Don't know if that helps, but I tried! Good luck!

ROC Journey:

01/19/11 I-751 & ROC package sent via USPS Priority

01/21/11 Package delivered to California Service Center

01/25/11 Check cashed

03/07/11 Biometrics

04/14/11 Approval Notice Date

04/18/11 Approval Notice Received

My AOS still in limbo...transferred to CSC Dec 16...Very upsetting!!!

04-09-2012-------------------- Sent N-400y date: 04/11/12)

05-11-2012-------------------- Biometric Letter received!

04-16-2012-------------------- NOA received (Priority date:04/11/12)

05-25-2012-------------------- Early Biometric !!!!(05-31-12--- Biometric Appnt.)

05-30-2012---------------------Placed in Lined for Interview Scheduling!!!

06-29-2012---------------------N-400 Notification,Scheduled for Interview!

07-05-2012---------------------Interview Letter received!

07-30-2012---------------------Interview! APPROVED!!!!

08-08-2012---------------------Oath Letter recieved!

08-15-2012---------------------Oath Ceremony!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We are still waiting too. Transferred to CSC in December, no updates since. On the good side, hubby starts his new job April 27th!! We're just trying to be patient on the green card. At least we're together now (our k-1 wait was very long...almost a year of separation) so it's hard to be frustrated at this point. It hasn't even been 6 months yet since we sent in the AoS papers. I doubt calling or putting in service requests would help us.

3/5/11 sent LOC paperwork

3/9/11 date of NOA

?/?/?? biometrics appointment

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Interview on May 19

07.28.07---------- Met Mr Jeffs

07.28.08 --------- Married Mr Jeffs

11.13.08 --------- Mailed AOS to Chicago

12.01.08 --------- Checks Cashed

12.08.08 --------- Received NOA1

12.11.08 --------- Received Biometrics

12.12.08 --------- Bio done

03.27.09 --------- Received EAD and AP

04.07.09 --------- Received Interview Letter

05.19.09 --------- Interview

05.21.09 --------- Card Production Ordered

05.26.09 --------- Welcome Letter Received

PRAYER CHANGES THINGS .

I'm making assumptions... I think that if there was anything missing (ie. different medical forms) from your application they would have sent you an RFE. I'm pretty sure that if they request something you can't show they will ask you to produce it (RFE) at a later date. This may prolong the process, but at least your hubby can already work, right?

I wasn't asked for my medical at my interview.

Don't know if that helps, but I tried! Good luck!

Thanks!

Those were my assumptions too, that they would've sent an RFE before giving us the interview date...

I guess we will just prepare as best as we can and if they need a new medical or whatever we will do it then.

And yes, at least he can work now! He doesn't have a "real" job yet, but the past few days he has been helping my brother at the hardware store he manages by putting together barbecue grills and patio furniture sets and helping on deliveries. It's nothing permanent, but at least he is getting some money and not feeling so bored and useless :)

Sarahusaukflag.jpgRobbie

Our ROC Journey

Feb 23, 2011: ROC packet sent to VSC

Feb 24, 2011: Packet rec'd at VSC

Feb 25, 2011: NOA date

Mar 04, 2011: Rec'd NOA dated 2/25

Mar 18, 2011: Rec'd Biometrics Appt letter

Apr 08, 2011: Biometrics Appointment

Aug 26, 2011: Approval letter rec'd dated 8/22

And yes, at least he can work now! He doesn't have a "real" job yet, but the past few days he has been helping my brother at the hardware store he manages by putting together barbecue grills and patio furniture sets and helping on deliveries. It's nothing permanent, but at least he is getting some money and not feeling so bored and useless :)

Money is good. I'm still looking for a job (since the beginning of March) and can't find anything! I'm not being picky either...applying to everything I am capable of. Hopefully something happens for me soon.

ROC Journey:

01/19/11 I-751 & ROC package sent via USPS Priority

01/21/11 Package delivered to California Service Center

01/25/11 Check cashed

03/07/11 Biometrics

04/14/11 Approval Notice Date

04/18/11 Approval Notice Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.