masry

obama the new president

98 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

I guess you would have had to go to Iraq and know the politics to understand which is why you think Obama is doing some kind of favor to Iraq. It saddens me you all don't realize the repercussions of the troop withdrawels. I could explain it at great lengths and spend hours on here though I doubt anyone has the time to read all that. The big thing that people fail to realize is Iraq has a shia majority. My husband is sunni and was forced out of Iraq because of that majority. Iranian weapons come into Iraq on a daily basis and Iranian influence on the Iraqi government is very strong as it was Iran that provided assylum to many of the Iraqi government officials now in office. Do the research on the Iraqi president, prime minister, etc. Sadam forced them out and I never liked Sadam, but that isn't the point. The point is why did he kick them out, they were loyal to Iran. Now if you have no problem handing Iraq over to Iran than of course this is good news to you. For me, I want to see Iraq be united and its own country. There are ways to do this, but pulling the troops out suddenly is going to cause civil war and provide an easy opening for Iran to come in and "take over the problem". If you were watching al-jazeera you would have heard comments by some Iraqis about their fear of this very thing happening. I heard clear as day one Iraqi man say in arabic "I am scared of Obama, he will take the troops away so fast and leave us".

My husband prefers the troops withdraw, but he is also resigned to the fact he can never live in Iraq again so it no longer matters again. His whole family has been forced to leave. For me, that makes me sad to see Iraq fall apart so badly with no hope of it being what it was decades ago.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
ohhh please a friend of mine said in Lebanon they were watching it... and called me to say ask who won when she woke up (no power at that time)... I told her and I heard a bunch of cheering in the background.

My husband is in Spain him and his room mates were huddled around a tv..none of them have ties (except my husband) to the U.S. but it means alot to alot of people

did you see the pics of the people in Kenya???? the world is celebrating

I didn't see those pics as my father lives with me and he is so upset that he turned the tv off, lol. I must sneak the tv on from my bedroom so I can catch some more coverage now! I may not have liked the outcome but that doesn't mean I don't want to see what is happening and stay up to date. This is a historical day! I had to listen to Obama's speech in arabic on aljazeera so my father wouldn't get annoyed by hearing it, lol. He can't understand the arabic so it doesn't bother him.

sorry...meant to actually reply to this thread :whistle: i would hope that anyone married to an arab (especially in Iraq), would want a president that actually wants to withdraw sooner than 100 yrs from now, and unite this world, rather than keep us divided, actually start talking and discussing our differences rather than start wars...sorry, JMHO..didn't mean to stir up things. can't understand how anyone that's married to an arab would want to continue these policies.. :wacko:

I find that comment extremely offensive since you can't simply ask my opinion and reasons and instead you just form your own opinions and assumptions. Intolerance of ideas really bothers me as it is obvious you were trying to insult me.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I guess you would have had to go to Iraq and know the politics to understand which is why you think Obama is doing some kind of favor to Iraq. It saddens me you all don't realize the repercussions of the troop withdrawels. I could explain it at great lengths and spend hours on here though I doubt anyone has the time to read all that. The big thing that people fail to realize is Iraq has a shia majority. My husband is sunni and was forced out of Iraq because of that majority. Iranian weapons come into Iraq on a daily basis and Iranian influence on the Iraqi government is very strong as it was Iran that provided assylum to many of the Iraqi government officials now in office. Do the research on the Iraqi president, prime minister, etc. Sadam forced them out and I never liked Sadam, but that isn't the point. The point is why did he kick them out, they were loyal to Iran. Now if you have no problem handing Iraq over to Iran than of course this is good news to you. For me, I want to see Iraq be united and its own country. There are ways to do this, but pulling the troops out suddenly is going to cause civil war and provide an easy opening for Iran to come in and "take over the problem". If you were watching al-jazeera you would have heard comments by some Iraqis about their fear of this very thing happening. I heard clear as day one Iraqi man say in arabic "I am scared of Obama, he will take the troops away so fast and leave us".

My husband prefers the troops withdraw, but he is also resigned to the fact he can never live in Iraq again so it no longer matters again. His whole family has been forced to leave. For me, that makes me sad to see Iraq fall apart so badly with no hope of it being what it was decades ago.

By no means i know anything about whats going on there. But i think he knows he cant pull out fast and that it has to be done gradually! What i meant is that when security is restored in the country there will be no need for the US army to be there. Thats a good thing to me but may be u re right! At the end of the day i do hope things get better there and the death of innocent ppl wd end :(

lyrics.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
I cried tears of joy that he won. I'm sorry, S & S that you got offended, but I was thinking the same exact thing as the others, about how anyone would want US occupation of Iraq. Your point is well taken about the Shia and Sunni issues. However, troop withdrawal was only one of the issues in the campaign. Obama's economic, healthcare, and environmental ideas outshined McCain's by far. That is why I think there is no need to be sad that he will (Inshallah) be our next president.

Timeline

By no means i know anything about whats going on there. But i think he knows he cant pull out fast and that it has to be done gradually! What i meant is that when security is restored in the country there will be no need for the US army to be there. Thats a good thing to me but may be u re right! At the end of the day i do hope things get better there and the death of innocent ppl wd end :(

I do hope there is a troop withdraw eventually. I just want it done the right way where it does the least damage and actually helps. I would love the see Iraq on its own within a few years. My fear is that Obama will take them out to fast without the proper planning and considerations. Aside from that I also don't like any of his policies domestically either which also causes me to not agree with him. As for McCain, I never liked his ideas for Iraq either as I think that troop increase was like putting a bandaid on a big wound. It was a temp fix at best. What disappoints me is that there were a lack of candidates that had plans for Iraq I could agree with. This left me with chosing the candidate that had policies domestically I could agree with since neither would be fixing Iraq in the right way. The thing with McCain is he had to withdraw troops eventually during his term as these deals have already been started with the Iraqi government and congress is still a democratic majority so they wouldn't support a continued troop presence in Iraq for long.

Timeline
I cried tears of joy that he won. I'm sorry, S & S that you got offended, but I was thinking the same exact thing as the others, about how anyone would want US occupation of Iraq. Your point is well taken about the Shia and Sunni issues. However, troop withdrawal was only one of the issues in the campaign. Obama's economic, healthcare, and environmental ideas outshined McCain's by far. That is why I think there is no need to be sad that he will (Inshallah) be our next president.

Hey, each person is entitled to their own opinions and views. If his plans are in line with what you want to see happen than I am glad you got the candidate you wanted. I hope I am wrong and that his policies turn out to be good ones. I didn't see it that way and still don't, but no one will be more happy than me if it turns out Obama's plans work out for the best. I hope everyone understands I am open minded but I look at things from a different angle than many others. I have the right to my own opinions of what is best for the country, doesn't mean I am right or anyone else. Now we have to wait it out and see if these changes really are realistic and positive.

Timeline

My hubby woke me up this morning to tell me Obama was the President, but he typed it Osama first. No, I'm not happy about it, but it is what it is. I hope he will make positive change, but only time will tell. My biggest hope is that he will care as much about his own country and what's going on here as he obviously does about every other country and what they think of us. I also hope that, as I understand it, he doesn't change our flag and our constitution to fit his idea of what it should be. Now is the time to make lemonade out of the lemon.

Got married : 6-3-06

I-130 delivered : 6-12-06 - Appt in Cairo

I-130 Approved : 4-18-08 - USCIS approval!!

Visa Interview Date : 6-22-08

Case sent to WADC: 8-6-08 - FBI check

Email From Embassy 1-09 - Still in AP (7 months)

19 DHL scans - 2-19-09

1-26-09 - Out of AP, now final review

2-26-09 - Visa in hand!

3-11-09 - POE JFK - Got stuck there due to immigration taking too long. They didn't change his visa from CR1 to IR1, have to go to immigration here to fix it.

3-12-09 - Arrived in Portland!!

5-29-2010 - Zane was born ** Absolute best day of my life!

6-7-2010 - Ahmed went back to Egypt

8-23-11 - Filed for divorce

1-12-12 - Divorce final

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I can only hope and pray that change is coming and that it will be good change.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

here you go!

844_tb.jpg

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Well since Obama didn't start this war to begin with, the outcome is not his fault. As President, he is going to have to listen to the ppl (and the house/congress), and if that majority says to withdraw, that's what will be done. I understand the fear, too bad the people couldn't make a difference to begin with. I didn't go to Iraq per se, but Jordan is just a hop, skip and a jump, I know/met enough Iraqi's to understand. However, now that we created the mess, we'll have to see what happens.

On a side note, I know quite a few people from Iraq that will probably never return home and out of those few some that actually made enough money to live a better life than me. Alot went on there. We never had any business.....

Ok I'm done.

1st K-1 Journey:

June 2005 - filed

October 2005 - visa interview

March 2006 - AOS packet mailed

DIVORCED

June 2007 - Interview

2008 - 10 year approval

--------

2nd K-1 Journey:

07/28/07 - AOS paperwork mailed

07/30/07 - Received at lockbox

09/18/07 - Biometrics

10/15/07 - Transferred to CSC

01/09/08 - AOS approved w/o interivew

11/01/09 - Lift conditions

11/01/10 - interview to lift conditions/10-yr card

01/01/10 - 10 year approval

DIVORCED

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Syria
Timeline
ohhh please a friend of mine said in Lebanon they were watching it... and called me to say ask who won when she woke up (no power at that time)... I told her and I heard a bunch of cheering in the background.

My husband is in Spain him and his room mates were huddled around a tv..none of them have ties (except my husband) to the U.S. but it means alot to alot of people

did you see the pics of the people in Kenya???? the world is celebrating

I didn't see those pics as my father lives with me and he is so upset that he turned the tv off, lol. I must sneak the tv on from my bedroom so I can catch some more coverage now! I may not have liked the outcome but that doesn't mean I don't want to see what is happening and stay up to date. This is a historical day! I had to listen to Obama's speech in arabic on aljazeera so my father wouldn't get annoyed by hearing it, lol. He can't understand the arabic so it doesn't bother him.

sorry...meant to actually reply to this thread :whistle: i would hope that anyone married to an arab (especially in Iraq), would want a president that actually wants to withdraw sooner than 100 yrs from now, and unite this world, rather than keep us divided, actually start talking and discussing our differences rather than start wars...sorry, JMHO..didn't mean to stir up things. can't understand how anyone that's married to an arab would want to continue these policies.. :wacko:

I find that comment extremely offensive since you can't simply ask my opinion and reasons and instead you just form your own opinions and assumptions. Intolerance of ideas really bothers me as it is obvious you were trying to insult me.

Why do you think I was trying to insult you? If you have listened to Obama's speeches, you would know that he has NEVER advocated pulling our troops out of Iraq immediately. And if you read my post, you would see that I wrote it's my opinion. That's what this is about... being able to state your opinions. OBviously, I'm not the only one with these opinions, as the majority voted and does want CHANGE in this country. Now I will ask you, are you happy with your last president of 8 yrs and his policies? Your choice that you voted for, was happy with him, as he voted 90% of the time with him. And alot of Americans, like me, want some of those billions spent on an unnecessary war, actually spent building up our country. Once again, this is my opinion, you stated yours and I would like to state mine. No insulting here...sorry if you took it that way.

Timeline

Amen Zee!

Got married : 6-3-06

I-130 delivered : 6-12-06 - Appt in Cairo

I-130 Approved : 4-18-08 - USCIS approval!!

Visa Interview Date : 6-22-08

Case sent to WADC: 8-6-08 - FBI check

Email From Embassy 1-09 - Still in AP (7 months)

19 DHL scans - 2-19-09

1-26-09 - Out of AP, now final review

2-26-09 - Visa in hand!

3-11-09 - POE JFK - Got stuck there due to immigration taking too long. They didn't change his visa from CR1 to IR1, have to go to immigration here to fix it.

3-12-09 - Arrived in Portland!!

5-29-2010 - Zane was born ** Absolute best day of my life!

6-7-2010 - Ahmed went back to Egypt

8-23-11 - Filed for divorce

1-12-12 - Divorce final

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
My hubby woke me up this morning to tell me Obama was the President, but he typed it Osama first. No, I'm not happy about it, but it is what it is. I hope he will make positive change, but only time will tell. My biggest hope is that he will care as much about his own country and what's going on here as he obviously does about every other country and what they think of us. I also hope that, as I understand it, he doesn't change our flag and our constitution to fit his idea of what it should be. Now is the time to make lemonade out of the lemon.

huh???

a president cant change the flag or the constitution. and I never saw or heard anything about this being on his agenda - where did you get this info? am I missing something?

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
AMEN!!! AMEN!!!! Ganja Girl! I am Soooo happy and overwhelmed with emotion right now. I am sorry for those who think that OBAMA will fail. WE WILL CHANGE. I don't normally post for anything political on this site because I see and read all of the negativity on here. But I AM from Chicago and I LIVE a few blocks from PRESIDENT OBAMA'S home, so I will say we are very happy and can't wait for JANUARY 20th. I know I will be in Washington D.C. Someone made a very racist comment some time ago to the effect of no "Kool Aid" in the White House..... Well Sorry For YA! Make mine Strawberry. :dance:

lol Plleeeeeeease, where i am from it's not called a flavor but a color. Make mine the RED kool aid heehehehe :star::dance::dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.