trailmix

If you could vote in the U.S. Election

Who would you like to see become President in the U.S.?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. I am Canadian and can't vote in the U.S. Election, but if I could I would vote for:

• Obama
    • McCain
    • I wouldn't vote
  2. 2. I am the American Spouse of a Canadian, or a Duel citizen and I voted for:

• Obama
    • McCain
    • I didn't vote

106 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I would not have voted for Obama if he was the last person on the ticket. People voting because of his smile or because he makes them feel hopeful??? :blink:

Sorry folks but I could not think of a worse person to be the president

Well I for one didn't vote for Obama because of his smile or because he makes me feel hopeful.

So I accept your apology for implying that I (and the millions of others who voted for him) are too stupid to make an intelligent decision on whom we wish to vote for. :lol:

Edited by trailmix

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I would have voted for McCain. Not because I liked McCain. Because I don't think this country needs the Obama Messiah. And I don't think he can fix the country. Not to mention that he repeatedly promised to change the world for us. :blink: Is it the place of the US to change the world? :blink:

Did any of you live through the last 50 years in Canada? See what the Liberals and NDP did for the country and individual provinces? It's not the prettiest picture. Young people don't even know what Canada used to be like.

As to those of you who didn't vote for a smile or a promise - there are many who did. The most memorable one I recall being Peggy Joseph of FL, who stated, "I won’t have to worry about putting gas in my car. I won’t have to worry about paying my mortgage." :blink:

I'm happy if she doesn't represent you, and you had good reasons to vote Obama. But she does represent many of those who did vote for Obama's "Change" and "Hope".

I don't want to pay for gas in her car or your car or anyone else's car, nor do I want to help her pay her mortgage or you pay your mortgage or help pay anyone else's mortgage. I've got my own gas bills and my own house.

Work for most of your lives, be successful, pay off your house. Then see how you feel about paying someone else's house off, just because you're told it's the right thing to do. That they somehow deserve it when you didn't?

You might think differently.

:)

Timeline
I would not have voted for Obama if he was the last person on the ticket. People voting because of his smile or because he makes them feel hopeful??? :blink:

Sorry folks but I could not think of a worse person to be the president

Well I for one didn't vote for Obama because of his smile or because he makes me feel hopeful.

So I accept your apology for implying that I (and the millions of others who voted for him) are too stupid to make an intelligent decision on whom we wish to vote for. :lol:

I did not imply that you voted for him because of that reason but yes I do think that was a factor in millions of others decisions.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You're arrogant. Just because you're a geezer doesn't mean the rest of us don't understand politics. Now go suck on some oxygen and come back when you're ready to take your head out of your a$$.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

I mean honestly, I may not have lived 100 years but I don't compare liberal politics here to liberal politics in Canada, that's pretty stupid as both are extremely different.

And both presidents were promising change in the world, the USA tends to do that since it is a global leader, and when countries are in the hole, they tend to come running to the USA for help.

But you're basically sitting there assuming that the people who voted for him are morons, and my husband is so far from a moron.

I am tired of hearing McCain supporters whine about the same stuff, but I guess thats what you call sour grapes. Oh well. Get over it, Obama will be the next president.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
I would have voted for McCain. Not because I liked McCain. Because I don't think this country needs the Obama Messiah. And I don't think he can fix the country. Not to mention that he repeatedly promised to change the world for us. :blink: Is it the place of the US to change the world? :blink:

Did any of you live through the last 50 years in Canada? See what the Liberals and NDP did for the country and individual provinces? It's not the prettiest picture. Young people don't even know what Canada used to be like.

As to those of you who didn't vote for a smile or a promise - there are many who did. The most memorable one I recall being Peggy Joseph of FL, who stated, "I won’t have to worry about putting gas in my car. I won’t have to worry about paying my mortgage." :blink:

I'm happy if she doesn't represent you, and you had good reasons to vote Obama. But she does represent many of those who did vote for Obama's "Change" and "Hope".

I don't want to pay for gas in her car or your car or anyone else's car, nor do I want to help her pay her mortgage or you pay your mortgage or help pay anyone else's mortgage. I've got my own gas bills and my own house.

Work for most of your lives, be successful, pay off your house. Then see how you feel about paying someone else's house off, just because you're told it's the right thing to do. That they somehow deserve it when you didn't?

You might think differently.

You don't get it do you? You can't work that way, and capitalism has proved to flawed, look at what's happening right now on wall street. Many Americans who worked hard and thought they had a grasp of this so called "American dream" are now living below the poverty line and have filed for bankruptcy, no wait, thats not YOUR fault now is it? Why should YOU care right? You put a few bucks into the salvation army Christmas fund every year, that's more than enough to help your fellow man right? Look beyond your own picket fence at the country around you.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Timeline

Sprail, please let me know when you're running for office, I"ll make sure you get the votes from DC, MD and VA.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

No living through Bush and Bush Sr. here in the US was enough for me to realize why I am definatly not keen on having another Republican screwing up this country anymore. Have you seen what they've done to the country? Can't compare Liberals in Canada to Democrates in the US. Two entirely seperate entites and politics that just happen to share a same name loosely.

And no I'm not paying for gas in someone elses car by voting for Obama. I'm voting to keep jobs in America and not sent overseas like McCain. Or funding more terrorists in Iraq by supplying them with even more weapons like the Republicans did In Iran/Afghanistan/Iraq in the past. In fact why would I want my tax money going over there to fight anyways?

At least with Obama, my tax money stays in the US to make sure I have a job I can keep without fear of it being outsourced to Asia. I'd rather support Americans first over rich oil tycoons in Saudie Arabia or massive call centers in India or travel centers in Malaysia...

Edited by warlord

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

The one thing that I will say about this election...whether it be on VJ, or whether out in the "real" world, I've never, NEVER heard such nastiness!!!! :angry: And I'm going to say that the most arrogant, nastiest people on VJ are those that supported McCain, and now are angry that he didn't win, and are sitting on the sidelines wishing and hoping for Obama to fail.

Frankly, I find the anger, and arrogance WAY over the top, and I really hope this is just some initial "backlash" and this settles down.

Geesh! :blink:

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline
The one thing that I will say about this election...whether it be on VJ, or whether out in the "real" world, I've never, NEVER heard such nastiness!!!! :angry: And I'm going to say that the most arrogant, nastiest people on VJ are those that supported McCain, and now are angry that he didn't win, and are sitting on the sidelines wishing and hoping for Obama to fail.

Frankly, I find the anger, and arrogance WAY over the top, and I really hope this is just some initial "backlash" and this settles down.

Carla, well said, you have expressed what I have been thinking as well. I honestly can't believe some of the stuff I hear sometimes.

Timeline
You don't get it do you? You can't work that way, and capitalism has proved to flawed, look at what's happening right now on wall street. Many Americans who worked hard and thought they had a grasp of this so called "American dream" are now living below the poverty line and have filed for bankruptcy, no wait, thats not YOUR fault now is it? Why should YOU care right? You put a few bucks into the salvation army Christmas fund every year, that's more than enough to help your fellow man right? Look beyond your own picket fence at the country around you.

:wow:

That is some vitriol. Apparently I don't agree with you. It's not the end of the world. It's the way of life. It would be very boring if we all agreed, don't you think? We'd have nothing to talk about at all. Nothing.

But seriously, how is it MY FAULT that some people are in financial difficulty now?

Because I am fortunate, I should pay someone else's mortgage? Put gas in their car?

If you can't pay your mortgage, I suppose you'll have to pay someone else rent. The world will not end because some people do not OWN their own house. My paying for someone else to own a house just does not make sense to me. Perhaps it does to you? If I fall on hard times, will you be happy to work and pay for me to stay in my house?

I don't mind paying taxes. However, when I do pay them, I like to think they're not paying for bigger government and more 'welfare' type programs.

As I said, we disagree. :)

Timeline

No living through Bush and Bush Sr. here in the US was enough for me to realize why I am definatly not keen on having another Republican screwing up this country anymore. Have you seen what they've done to the country? Can't compare Liberals in Canada to Democrates in the US. Two entirely seperate entites and politics that just happen to share a same name loosely.

And no I'm not paying for gas in someone elses car by voting for Obama. I'm voting to keep jobs in America and not sent overseas like McCain. Or funding more terrorists in Iraq by supplying them with even more weapons like the Republicans did In Iran/Afghanistan/Iraq in the past. In fact why would I want my tax money going over there to fight anyways?

At least with Obama, my tax money stays in the US to make sure I have a job I can keep without fear of it being outsourced to Asia. I'd rather support Americans first over rich oil tycoons in Saudie Arabia or massive call centers in India or travel centers in Malaysia...

You and I agree far more than you likely think. Where we disagree is I don't think Obama's going to be able to do what you think he's going to do. Time will tell.

Enlighten me about the Democrats in the US. I said Liberals and NDP in Canada. Democrats in the US are Left wing. Liberals and NDP in Canada are Centre Left and Far Left respectively.

Both Canada and the US are going down a wrong path. No argument there.

Timeline

Um when did I say it was the end of the world??? And lets not call the kettle black here. You seem to think that because we did not vote the way you did, that we didn't know who we were voting for.

Thats fine that you think that way, and I never said it was your fault that certain people are in trouble.

But I believe that as a society we need to help one another and right about now, this country is in dire need of help. The people of this country are in need of help, Capitalism has failed. I personally don't mind paying higher taxes in order to help others. I know many fortunate people who don't mind it either.

One day you may not be so fortunate. You just never know.

Yep we disagree. Thats fine.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

I hope you're not lumping me in this category. I did not try to be arrogant, nasty nor am I angry. I was just posting my opinion. I thought that was the point of this thread?

Personally, I hope Obama can succeed in accomplishing even half as much as he promised. I think that is a tall order, though. Don't like him or his policies, didn't or wouldn't vote for him does not equate to hoping he will fail. He's the President-Elect. We all have to hope he succeeds or we will all fail.

I will take issue with you about the McCain supporters on VJ being the most arrogant and nasty. I've read some of the posts on OT. The Schadenfreude exhibited by many of the Obama supporters is beyond disgusting. :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.