Nessa

The Say Anything Thread - Take 7

4,522 posts in this topic

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
When I wake up by my alarm, I call for her and she jumps on my bed and we cuddle for 15 minutes...then we get up, I make a cup of tea and feed her. But sh always has a bowl with dry food and water, so it's not like she is overly hungry.

Lori, are you the cat whisperer? :lol:

:lol: no not quite, just know what they want as I've had them all my life.

She's waking you up because she wants her cuddle time and doesn't want to wait. She needs to learn to wait for you to get up. Yelling at her gives her the attention she wants, good or bad they don't care.

Maybe this will help...

Excessive cat meowing is often caused because the cat has learnt that this gets them what they want, a bit like a child who learns to cry when they want something.

This can become a bit of a habit and the cat starts to do it more and more. Usually this can be quite cute, however if it starts to happen all night long or is driving you crazy during the day, then it’s time to break the habit.

The first step is to ignore their cries. They are used to getting what they want when they meow, so only give them their food etc when they are quiet. Follow this up with lots of attention when they are quiet and none when they are noisy.

Do not shout or scold your pet when cat meowing because they are trying to get you to do something and they see this as attention, which is GOOD.

If this cat behavoir persists then you may have to resort to squirting a little water at them when they are noisy.

This does not hurt them and they soon learn that being noisy equals a water shower and stop the excessive cat meowing. This can be particularly useful for cats that meow throughout the night for attention.

Remember to still give them lots of cuddles and play, perhaps just before bedtime.

When we first brought Mo home, she wouldn't stop meowing and stuck to us like glue which was ok except that we kept falling over her. We were at our wits end when we discovered a clever little trick.

If we blew in her face, just the once, she would stop her meowing at once and go and sit on her cushion. It was like magic. It still works when she is being a little annoying. Why not give it a try with your cat the next time they are misbehaving?

You ARE the cat whisperer :lol: That is all really good advice, I was torn about what to do, but will just have to just ignore her. I grew up with cats too, but they were kittens when I got them, so they grew up learning how to be a "good" cat. With Cleo, it's different. She is three and I don't really know anything about her background. She is very talkative though, so I would assume that she got a lot of attention when meowing.

It will take some time, but I am sure we'll manage! Go Cleo! :dance:

Pedro: :bonk:

When I wake up by my alarm, I call for her and she jumps on my bed and we cuddle for 15 minutes...then we get up, I make a cup of tea and feed her. But sh always has a bowl with dry food and water, so it's not like she is overly hungry.

Lori, are you the cat whisperer? :lol:

:lol: no not quite, just know what they want as I've had them all my life.

She's waking you up because she wants her cuddle time and doesn't want to wait. She needs to learn to wait for you to get up. Yelling at her gives her the attention she wants, good or bad they don't care.

Maybe this will help...

Excessive cat meowing is often caused because the cat has learnt that this gets them what they want, a bit like a child who learns to cry when they want something.

This can become a bit of a habit and the cat starts to do it more and more. Usually this can be quite cute, however if it starts to happen all night long or is driving you crazy during the day, then it’s time to break the habit.

The first step is to ignore their cries. They are used to getting what they want when they meow, so only give them their food etc when they are quiet. Follow this up with lots of attention when they are quiet and none when they are noisy.

Do not shout or scold your pet when cat meowing because they are trying to get you to do something and they see this as attention, which is GOOD.

If this cat behavoir persists then you may have to resort to squirting a little water at them when they are noisy.

This does not hurt them and they soon learn that being noisy equals a water shower and stop the excessive cat meowing. This can be particularly useful for cats that meow throughout the night for attention.

Remember to still give them lots of cuddles and play, perhaps just before bedtime.

When we first brought Mo home, she wouldn't stop meowing and stuck to us like glue which was ok except that we kept falling over her. We were at our wits end when we discovered a clever little trick.

If we blew in her face, just the once, she would stop her meowing at once and go and sit on her cushion. It was like magic. It still works when she is being a little annoying. Why not give it a try with your cat the next time they are misbehaving?

You ARE the cat whisperer :lol: That is all really good advice, I was torn about what to do, but will just have to just ignore her. I grew up with cats too, but they were kittens when I got them, so they grew up learning how to be a "good" cat. With Cleo, it's different. She is three and I don't really know anything about her background. She is very talkative though, so I would assume that she got a lot of attention when meowing.

It will take some time, but I am sure we'll manage! Go Cleo! :dance:

Pedro: :bonk:

Awww :lol:

Yeah it'll take time, but not as long as you think, they're smart! I'm sure she got whatever she wanted when she was loud, so it makes sense she expects the same from you.

Earplugs girl. :thumbs:

Lori, btw, I really look forward to having lunch with you! I will actually have a beer this time. Or two. And then get all huggy and tell you that I love you. j/k :lol: Yay, beer!!! :dance:

You can tell me how much you love me. :luv::lol:

I'm sooooooooo the same way :lol:

Beer FTW!!! :dance:

When are we doing lunch anyway?

Lori, btw, I really look forward to having lunch with you! I will actually have a beer this time. Or two. And then get all huggy and tell you that I love you. j/k :lol: Yay, beer!!! :dance:

I don't care :cry:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

some feel left out of the love fest.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Lori and I decided to not have lunch. That woman hates me. j/k :lol: We are doing after work drinks instead. :lol:

Booty, I am sure I will have lunch with you too (knock knock, who's there?) and if we can, the three of us should have lunch together too! Group hug!

Len, sowwwy you live so far away frm CKT, but trust me, Seattle is the better place to be. :lol:

Timeline

the kids are practicing singing christmas songs

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Timeline

double :dead: it's kinda cute, though :P i'm getting soft

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline