Nessa

The Say Anything Thread - Take 7

4,522 posts in this topic

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
julie, i got a new pic for you, to be posted here in a few minutes.

and here it is

ATTE.jpg

Oh a US forces squirrel! Operation desert nuts! ;)

For the Cleo issue - when I close my bedroom door, she meows all night in front of the door and tries to claw her way through the door. She is so so so adorable and cute and I would not trade her for anything, but the sleep thing really annoys the hell out of me. But she stopped the biting and scratching me, she falls asleep on my belly, I can lift her up and hold her like a baby in my arms and give her a cuddle and she sits behind me on the sofa and "cleans" me by licking my hair a little bit. For the fact that I have only had her for three weeks, we made great progress. So I hope it's just a matter of time until her meowing in the am settles down. I tell her "no no no" when she meows in the morning, I am sure she'll eventually get the message. :lol:

julie, i got a new pic for you, to be posted here in a few minutes.

and here it is

ATTE.jpg

Oh a US forces squirrel! Operation desert nuts! ;)

For the Cleo issue - when I close my bedroom door, she meows all night in front of the door and tries to claw her way through the door. She is so so so adorable and cute and I would not trade her for anything, but the sleep thing really annoys the hell out of me. But she stopped the biting and scratching me, she falls asleep on my belly, I can lift her up and hold her like a baby in my arms and give her a cuddle and she sits behind me on the sofa and "cleans" me by licking my hair a little bit. For the fact that I have only had her for three weeks, we made great progress. So I hope it's just a matter of time until her meowing in the am settles down. I tell her "no no no" when she meows in the morning, I am sure she'll eventually get the message. :lol:

What do you do when she wakes you up?

Choking works.... I've heard :innocent:

:devil::lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Choking works.... I've heard :innocent:

hmmmm. :whistle:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

When she wakes me up at 5am because she is bored?

So far I tried:

Week 1: Calling her into bed for a cuddle - didn't work, Cleo wants to play.

Week 2: Throwing a hair tie into the hallway so she runs after it and plays in the living room - didn't work, she'll play in the bedroom and make lots of noise

Week 3: Tell her NO NO NO!!! and express more authority by chasing her for a few steps or clapping my hands...fails because I get such an angry adrenaline rush, that I can't go back to sleep. :lol: Plus she come sback out after a while and either meows or plays on/ under the bed.

the men know..when a woman is pissy..keep a low profile and stay out of their way....no charge..dr. dean

:lol: it's so true dean

sometimes I just want to be mad but I can't be mad at someone who makes me laugh so then I get mad at them for not letting me be mad and then that makes me laugh because it's so stupid :wacko:

Edited by Amby

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

When she wakes me up at 5am because she is bored?

So far I tried:

Week 1: Calling her into bed for a cuddle - didn't work, Cleo wants to play.

Week 2: Throwing a hair tie into the hallway so she runs after it and plays in the living room - didn't work, she'll play in the bedroom and make lots of noise

Week 3: Tell her NO NO NO!!! and express more authority by chasing her for a few steps or clapping my hands...fails because I get such an angry adrenaline rush, that I can't go back to sleep. :lol: Plus she come sback out after a while and either meows or plays on/ under the bed.

:lol:

Ok, and what do you do when you actually get up on your own? Do you feed her? Give her a treat?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
:lol: charles is not active, i hope the kid is like me when i was little, i was the kind of child that would never sit and watch tv, i'd go ride my bike or run or play, never quiet :P

same here. now get roller skates or something, cause if he's anything like i was as a kid you'll probably have better luck catching deer.

that makes 2 of us, i used to roller skate too.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

:lol: charles is not active, i hope the kid is like me when i was little, i was the kind of child that would never sit and watch tv, i'd go ride my bike or run or play, never quiet :P

same here. now get roller skates or something, cause if he's anything like i was as a kid you'll probably have better luck catching deer.

that makes 2 of us, i used to roller skate too.

Roller skating? I played the freaking piano and violin. I'm such a nerd!

I'm watching Obama's speech and he looks soooooooooooooooooo tired!

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

When I wake up by my alarm, I call for her and she jumps on my bed and we cuddle for 15 minutes...then we get up, I make a cup of tea and feed her. But sh always has a bowl with dry food and water, so it's not like she is overly hungry.

Lori, are you the cat whisperer? :lol:

:lol: no not quite, just know what they want as I've had them all my life.

She's waking you up because she wants her cuddle time and doesn't want to wait. She needs to learn to wait for you to get up. Yelling at her gives her the attention she wants, good or bad they don't care.

Maybe this will help...

Excessive cat meowing is often caused because the cat has learnt that this gets them what they want, a bit like a child who learns to cry when they want something.

This can become a bit of a habit and the cat starts to do it more and more. Usually this can be quite cute, however if it starts to happen all night long or is driving you crazy during the day, then it’s time to break the habit.

The first step is to ignore their cries. They are used to getting what they want when they meow, so only give them their food etc when they are quiet. Follow this up with lots of attention when they are quiet and none when they are noisy.

Do not shout or scold your pet when cat meowing because they are trying to get you to do something and they see this as attention, which is GOOD.

If this cat behavoir persists then you may have to resort to squirting a little water at them when they are noisy.

This does not hurt them and they soon learn that being noisy equals a water shower and stop the excessive cat meowing. This can be particularly useful for cats that meow throughout the night for attention.

Remember to still give them lots of cuddles and play, perhaps just before bedtime.

When we first brought Mo home, she wouldn't stop meowing and stuck to us like glue which was ok except that we kept falling over her. We were at our wits end when we discovered a clever little trick.

If we blew in her face, just the once, she would stop her meowing at once and go and sit on her cushion. It was like magic. It still works when she is being a little annoying. Why not give it a try with your cat the next time they are misbehaving?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

water_pistol.jpg

like that lori? :P

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

I gave my seniors a list of words that are very uncommon to broaden their vocabulary. Their tast was to define the words and then use as many as possible correctly in a paragraph.

One of the words was GUNARCHY or GYNARCHY. I watched as they tried to break down the word:

"archy...ok, I've heard of that. Anarchy is no government and monarchy is government ruled by one person...."

"Great, so 'archy' is government"

"Is it government ruled by guns then?"

"no that doesn't make sense."

"Well, wth is gyn or gun then?!"

"Well a gyno is a ####### doctor"

"oh yeah"

"OMG IT'S GOVERNMENT RULED BY VAGINAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

And that's when the principal walked by my classroom.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi