Nessa

The Say Anything Thread - Take 7

4,522 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

I think I'm not as nice a person as I pretend to be, you guys. My international student is REALLY getting on my very last nerve. Maybe it's the fact that I spend so very much of my time around teenagers and my son is finally trained in the common sense area....Maybe it's that I'm super bummed to be not pregnant. Maybe it's because I'm just not feeling well. I don't know, but man sometimes I just want to smack him. He has NO common sense, I've never seen a kid get teary eyed so much about EVERYTHING, ggggrrrrrr. He's not homesick and he fits in really well otherwise, but there are just certain things that annoy the ####### out of me and make me feel mean and irrational.

For example, if my son is being a bit of a butthead and I say "Sean, quit acting like a brat!" He either says 'yes ma'am' or he mutters something teenagery and sarcastic under his breath. If my international student is being a bit of a butthead and I say "Jonas, quit acting like a brat!" The kid either gets teary eyed or acts so hurt that he can hardly stand it. I don't deal well with that. I get the feeling that he is never scolded at home and I know he's very spoiled, but sometimes I want to yell "dude quit being such a WUSS!"

Why am I so mean?

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Pedro is actually not allowed in the kitchen when I am around. He has absolutley no fine motor skills with his huge bear paws. :lol:

:blush:

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

ok ok I am going for reals this time :P

I think I'm not as nice a person as I pretend to be, you guys. My international student is REALLY getting on my very last nerve. Maybe it's the fact that I spend so very much of my time around teenagers and my son is finally trained in the common sense area....Maybe it's that I'm super bummed to be not pregnant. Maybe it's because I'm just not feeling well. I don't know, but man sometimes I just want to smack him. He has NO common sense, I've never seen a kid get teary eyed so much about EVERYTHING, ggggrrrrrr. He's not homesick and he fits in really well otherwise, but there are just certain things that annoy the ####### out of me and make me feel mean and irrational.

For example, if my son is being a bit of a butthead and I say "Sean, quit acting like a brat!" He either says 'yes ma'am' or he mutters something teenagery and sarcastic under his breath. If my international student is being a bit of a butthead and I say "Jonas, quit acting like a brat!" The kid either gets teary eyed or acts so hurt that he can hardly stand it. I don't deal well with that. I get the feeling that he is never scolded at home and I know he's very spoiled, but sometimes I want to yell "dude quit being such a WUSS!"

Why am I so mean?

yes why are you so mean? :P

I don't think you are mean.. he just sounds like he has been handled with kid gloves his whole life...

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Why am I so mean?

Hate to tell you but you are not mean, just human.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Why am I so mean?

you're not mean. but i think you shouldn't call other kids a brat, just IMO. I wouldn't like other people scolding my child. I'm the one allowed to do that, and Charles. If they have a problem they can come to me and let me handle the situation.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Why am I so mean?

you're not mean. but i think you shouldn't call other kids a brat, just IMO. I wouldn't like other people scolding my child. I'm the one allowed to do that, and Charles. If they have a problem they can come to me and let me handle the situation.

but this kid is living with her family... essentially part of their family right now, so I think she has some rights to scold the kid....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

ah ok, then i'd probably do the same :P

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Why am I so mean?

but this kid is living with her family... essentially part of their family right now, so I think she has some rights to scold the kid....

:thumbs: ditto

Timeline

Oh if he wasn't my child or living with me, I'd never scold him. But he's been with us for 5 months and is here for another 5. We treat him just like one of our own children. If we go out to dinner or do something "family" he comes with us, and he has chores, just like our kids, but he also has the same perks as our kids too.

He's 17 and he's from Germany. When my school first approached me about being a host family I wasn't too sure about it. With it being my son's senior year and our first year of marriage, I just didn't know how I'd feel with a stranger in the house. But we've done 2 exchanges with Germans before through my son's language class (they were brothers...2 years between the exchanges) and it worked out well. Plus, since this particular student was German, the school thought it would work well with our family. Patrick lived in America all through high school and so he knew what it was like to be an international student. Plus, since he and Sean are both fluent, should communication be a problem, they could at least help.

So from the beginning he's been a part of our family. And don't get me wrong, he's a sweet kid and for the most part he fits in well. He and Sean and Bella argue just like real siblings and we have had a few real heart to heart talks about girls or grades or whatever. It's just the crying and the inability to use common sense that annoys me.

Gosh, I don't mean to sound so harsh. Just needed to vent :)

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Timeline

17? then you should be more harsh than you are.

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Timeline

Seriously, I'm outnumbered :lol:

And when Bella goes to her dad's house every other weekend, man there is a total overload of testosterone in the Haus of Haas.

penguinpasscanada.jpg

Timeline
Oh if he wasn't my child or living with me, I'd never scold him. But he's been with us for 5 months and is here for another 5. We treat him just like one of our own children. If we go out to dinner or do something "family" he comes with us, and he has chores, just like our kids, but he also has the same perks as our kids too.

He's 17 and he's from Germany. When my school first approached me about being a host family I wasn't too sure about it. With it being my son's senior year and our first year of marriage, I just didn't know how I'd feel with a stranger in the house. But we've done 2 exchanges with Germans before through my son's language class (they were brothers...2 years between the exchanges) and it worked out well. Plus, since this particular student was German, the school thought it would work well with our family. Patrick lived in America all through high school and so he knew what it was like to be an international student. Plus, since he and Sean are both fluent, should communication be a problem, they could at least help.

So from the beginning he's been a part of our family. And don't get me wrong, he's a sweet kid and for the most part he fits in well. He and Sean and Bella argue just like real siblings and we have had a few real heart to heart talks about girls or grades or whatever. It's just the crying and the inability to use common sense that annoys me.

Gosh, I don't mean to sound so harsh. Just needed to vent :)

just tell him to "halte dien clapper, du kleine schlaffschwantz"

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!