Nessa

The Say Anything Thread - Take 7

4,522 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I also have been making gifts, and bought or traded for a lot of handmade gifts. But I need something else for my Nana...she is hard to shop for! She doesn't really like crafty things, but she said she'd like a pillow with a cat shape on it so I made that. But I need something else for her.

Nice slippers! :thumbs:

My grandma loves it!

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Oh, nice slippers are always a great gift for anyone.

P wanted a new city map and some cookbooks :lol: so that's what he got! He also wants a big puzzle we can all do. Man, we are boring people, but we enjoy it!

I made fleece blankets for all the kids (our 2 and our international student). I think we'll get Sean a UW sweatshirt, and maybe a big coffee mug for Jonas (international student). For Bella, 2 years ago when I went to visit P I took her little stuffed bear with me. Everywhere we we went we took pictures of the bear and emailed them to her every couple of days. We took about 30 of the pictures and made a collage poster for her and framed it. I think she'll really like it as there are pics of the bear all over Germany and the Netherlands with us and P's family and my best friend and her son. I still need to finish some crafts for others though.

This is a pic of P's parents at our after-wedding festivities. We had it framed for them for Christmas:

hannaandnorbertdancingxg3.jpg

The problem is I don't want to move off the couch right now :) In fact, I'd love nothing more than to fall sideways and nap, while the fire is crackling and the snow is pouring down outside.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Timeline
How do you make a fleece blanket?

There's a lot of different ways, but what I do is get the fabric big enough to cover the person (just a throw blanket). So for my son, he's 5'11" so I got the fabric 72 inches by 60 inches (figured that was big enough). Anyway, I get two colors or patterns in the same size and sew them together with the softest side of the fleece out. There are a couple of ways I finish them. For my son I sewed it all the way around so each side was finished. For our international student, I sewed only the sides, and on the ends I cut 1 inch wide strips and then tied every other one together and pulled the untied ones tight so they curl. For my daughter's I finish all the sides by sewing, and then I run it through the sewing machine every 6 inches or so, then turn the fabric and make perpendicular lines (so it ends up like large quilted squares). I should take some photos so you know what I'm talking about :lol:

Anyway, it's far easier than quilting and far warmer and less time consuming than crocheting. And totally machine washable and hard to destroy (which is good for kids). I spent less than $60 and got enough fleece and trimmings for 3 blankets. I had enough left over to make 12 hats too!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

yay, hubby isn't having his wisdom teeth pulled out tomorrow... it will be sometime next year :dance:

they needed a doctor's ok because the last time he had dental work he got an infection which caused a cyst in his neck.... and we had faxed the doctor the form but he said that because he hadn't seen David in awhile he first had to see him before he couldn't give his ok... oh and it looks like when he does get it done he will have to be on antibiotics for about a week before the teeth are pulled...

the only thing is that I made a special trip to the grocery store yesterday to buy him stuff that he could eat after he got his teeth pulled :P... oh well, it won't go to waste ...

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I just interrupted 2 co-workers and said : can you guys go chat someplace else. I love being pregnant!

Ever have one of those days, when all seems to be right with the world and then out of no where you get a smack in the teeth?

That's how I feel. My current mood/emotion is very low right now. My job is quite volatile at the moment and unfortunately I wear it very hard. I find it hard to let go and move on. Any 'failure' I take very personally. :(

(F)

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Timeline

Nessa :lol:

Ok, so to tell you how rare this weather is in Seattle: thunder made the news report. Seriously. They keep replaying when thunder boomed while they were giving a news report this morning. :rofl: Geez Seattle, it's just THUNDER!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

Timeline

i newd to find pasteurized egg yolks! why do they sell egg whites but not egg yolks?

Edited by Nessa

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Timeline

how many lbs do you expect to gain, booty?

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

how many lbs do you expect to gain, booty?

They told me at the doctor's office yesterday they expected me to gain 35-40 pounds. And wouldn't be concerned if I gained more since I was so small to begin with. I don't really care to gain that much but whatever. I've been trying to eat more healthy lately. I'm hoping since I'm finally feeling better I can eat even better than I was. I'm probably going to try to start exercising again before too long. I'm going to do water exercise again. I plan on breast feeding also so they say that melts the pounds off afterward.

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

Timeline

do you have many cravings?

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

do you have many cravings?

I haven't so far. Well, today I really wanted a smoothie from one of the places here on campus but unfortunately they have closed up already. They won't reopen till January so that craving will just have to wait I guess. :(

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

Timeline

aww. can't you make it at home?

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

I went shopping crazy! I saw my friend at the mall and we decided she needed new curtains for her whole house and boughts like 50 sets of curtains :lol:

I only actually bought 2 xmas gifts and I received a cool coffee mug for my daily coffee needs :P

I bought the second book from the lady who wrote the book about cadavers

Spook-cover2.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Spook-Science-Afterl...5449&sr=8-1

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.