Nessa

The Say Anything Thread - Take 7

4,522 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I am sure it can be a lot cheaper than 180K for 4 years...It's been 5 years since I graduated from a public university but I didn't live on campus and it was maybe 8K a year(I had financial aid though), even if you double that for inflation, nowhere near 180K for 4 years. They must be adding in tons of expenses or a very expensive college IMO.

They do add tons of expenses. When my son was looking at UW for total expenses, they had included like $2500 a semester for random stuff like gas, food, etc. I don't remember the exact amounts, but I remember thinking it was insane.

I drive to school 3 days a week and it's about 20 miles each way...I spend about $50/wk on gas. Well now that gas is cheaper it's more like $35/wk on gas. Nowhere near $2500!

Jen I just did the math and the public university I'm switching to is also about $6000/yr. Such a bargain compared to the private one!

Edited by Amby

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Well we'll help my son pay for school, but he has to pay for his car insurance, gas, etc. He's been saving money since the summer. Unless he goes to Yale, in which case, I doubt he'll be working outside of school. If he goes to UW he still wants to live on campus, which is fine, but he can come home on weekends and he can still work.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
:lol: or you could be like a lot of americans these days and make him pay for his own school

good idea. i'l use that money to go back to brazil, charles and i will retire and we'll leave him here making a living on his own. he'll learn to value his money and become a better person :P

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Ooh good luck Amby!

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Timeline

i'm hungry. another 1.5 hours til i'm home :dead:

good luck amby.

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Timeline

gree @co-worker lounging here for 15 min. i hate hate hate that. go sit someplace else!!

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
u bad wife!

Booty, do you have names for your babies yet?

Yeah, we've tossed around a few ideas. I'm not sure we've really settled on anything yet though.

Howdy peeps! It's nasty and raining here.

Will you wait for the birth to find out the sex of them? Or will you find out at ultrasound?

Filed: Timeline
u bad wife!

Booty, do you have names for your babies yet?

Yeah, we've tossed around a few ideas. I'm not sure we've really settled on anything yet though.

Howdy peeps! It's nasty and raining here.

Will you wait for the birth to find out the sex of them? Or will you find out at ultrasound?

We're going to find out at the ultrasound. I want to know since I'm having two if it's two of the same or one of each. Plus, I'm too impatient to wait till the birth.

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!