Nessa

The Say Anything Thread - Take 7

4,522 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
ugh, I don't want to go to work today.. I want to crawl back into bed and cuddle up with my hubby and sleep for a few more hours :wacko:

and to top it off it is pouring rain and me and the kids will be cooped up in the house all day again :P

I feel you. I have a cuddle, stay in bed day as well. (((hugs))))

Sudoku!! :dance:

that's too hard

Maybe for you :P

yes

bears_23.gif

Awww drongo bear :luv:

:lol:

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
You will make a fine boss one day, Nessa.

oh yeah, i miss being a boss so bad. but i doubt that'll happen here in the states.

How come?

i'm limited to a small town. my education doesn't count here, my english is not that good to actually boss people around, lots of reasons.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

You will make a fine boss one day, Nessa.

oh yeah, i miss being a boss so bad. but i doubt that'll happen here in the states.

How come?

i'm limited to a small town. my education doesn't count here, my english is not that good to actually boss people around, lots of reasons.

That stinks about your education. I worry about that, and I am also moving to a small town. Is there anything you can do? Like getting your education validated?

Timeline

nope. and i'm also stuck to NF jobs here on base, because i'm not a citizen. i hope it'll change after 2011, cuz working where i do right now it's a mafia here, they never announce the higher position jobs, they just move people around, and I'm not one of those super friendly people and i'm so not an a$$kisser, so i'll never be in one of those positions :lol:

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

it's a mafia here, they never announce the higher position jobs, they just move people around...

you'll find that's true in most places

you either have to kiss azz or impress the hell out of someone higher up so they think they'll look good if you're in the job...

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

I think it will be tough but I hope to get a job in bossing around level. I don't want to be a pleb again.

Timeline

i seriously cannot a$$kiss. i CAN DO A FEW THINGS LIKE SHOW I'M A TEAM PLAYERS dayum caps, and work other people's shift, or offer to help doing a job that's not mine, but that's it.

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

i seriously cannot a$$kiss. i CAN DO A FEW THINGS LIKE SHOW I'M A TEAM PLAYERS dayum caps, and work other people's shift, or offer to help doing a job that's not mine, but that's it.

make your boss need you. i don't know what you do so i can't say how you do that, but if you can get there you're golden.

See thats what I don't get, why would you not be recognised and therefore promoted/rewarded for doing your job well? I thought that was suppose to be part of the American Culture.

See thats what I don't get, why would you not be recognised and therefore promoted/rewarded for doing your job well? I thought that was suppose to be part of the American Culture.

People are still people.

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Snow day!!!!!!!!!

I understand Nessa. I'm not an a$$kisser either, but I learned a few years ago to play the game. I had to. But not really a$$kissing, rather just learning to watch the, um, expression of my opinions, etc.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Timeline

totally a$$kisser :lol:

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Maybe.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi