Madwoman

Nairobi Embassy Thread!

1,841 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Somalia
Timeline

hello VJ friends

my fiance is having hard time to obtain Kenyan visa on his Somalian passport since there is no Kenyan Embassy function is Somalia where he lives so he will come thruogh Uganda like every other people do but our concern is do The Usem Nairobi will ask if he has Kenyan visa or not?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

I just registered for DHL for David. It is the passport number of the current passport so put Wilson's Kenya passport info. He wouldn't get an american passport unless he became a US citizen a few years from now.

Did you register for the medical by phone or email? I need David to get his registered in the next week or so but I wasn't sure which method of communication was best.

We did it by email. Scan and attach his passport page and give them the case number and interview date in the email and say that you need to schedule a medical appt for a visa interview.

Timeline

hello VJ friends

my fiance is having hard time to obtain Kenyan visa on his Somalian passport since there is no Kenyan Embassy function is Somalia where he lives so he will come thruogh Uganda like every other people do but our concern is do The Usem Nairobi will ask if he has Kenyan visa or not?

A/Aleykum Naima,

I am not sure about this but when I went to Kenya last year, i didn't have to get a kenyan visa from the kenyan embassy...i just got a visa stamped at the Jomo kenyatta airport...so maybe you should ask..somalis who have actually travelled with a somali passport. I think it would be a similar process. He can take a flight to nairobi from somalia (if there is one that is) and then he can pay 50 dollars and get the kenya visa stamped on his somali passport once he lands in nairobi. This is just an idea and it is also legal. I am not sure if the American embassy in nairobi will ask how he got into the country (but maybe they will) so it is a good thing to have. My husband lives in kenya so...I don't know with people coming from Somalia. Good luck with your visa journey and In shaa Allah may Allah make his visa interview easier for him. Let us know how his interview goes In shaa Allah.

02/15/13: Filed I-130 and got my NOA104/15/13: I-130 approved and got my NOA204/29/13: NVC received my file05/13/13: Case/IIN received05/13/13: DS-3032 sent05/24/13: DS-3032 1st email rejected, sent a second one and that one got rejected too on the same day.05/28/13: AOS bill invoiced and received email from NVC with all the info.05/28/13: Paid AOS bill right away.05/28/13: As soon as I received the official AOS email, I sent a 3rd DS-3032 email with "supervisor review" as the subject.05/29/13: NVC sent an email accepting the DS-3032 email smile.png (Alhamdulilah)O5/30/13: AOS bill shows PAID05/30/13: Received official DS-3032 Email and IV invoice info (waiting for the IV bill invoice to show up on payment portal)05/31/13: IV bill invoiced05/31/13: Pay IV Bill06/01/13: Sent out the AOS package (hoping In shaa Allah that I don't get a checklist)06/03/13: IV bill shows PAID06/04/13: Sent out the IV package (hoping In shaa Allah that I don't get a checklist)06/18/13: AOS package accepted (Alhamdulilah smile.png, no check list)06/20/13: IV package accepted (Alhamdulilah smile.png, no check list)06/20/13: Case complete at NVC dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifAlhamdulilah07/31/13: Medicaldancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifIn shaa Allah may Allah make it easier for him, Amiin.<p>08/14/13: Interview date at Nairobi Embassy dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif In shaa Allah may Allah make it easier for him, Amiin. (Interview date changed because they had a problem finding the medical)01/07/2015: visa approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Unfortunately it looks like Somalia is on the list of countries where they would need to get a visa in advance, not at the airport.

http://www.kenyaembassy.com/visa.html

I'm not sure if the US Embassy would ask about the visa (I doubt it) but how will he get in, even through Uganda, if he doesn't have the visa in place?

Have you tried this info:

H.E. MAJ. GEN. (Rtd) JAMES MUTUA MULINGE, AMBASSADOR
KENYA EMBASSY TO SOMALIA
NSSF BUILDING, BISHOPS ROAD
BLOCK A 22ND FLOOR, WESTERN WING
P. O. Box 67454-00200,
NAIROBI
Telephone: +254-20-2733883/2733893
Fax: 254-20-2733887

I know it's in Kenya but maybe they could answer your questions about how to get a visa.

Edited by katie & sifa

K-1
09/09/09 - NOA1 :: 10/20/09 - NOA2 :: 01/11/10 - Interview :: 02/24/10 - POE :: 04/10/10 - Wedding

AOS
05/17/10 - NOA :: 06/08/10 - Transferred to CSC :: 07/02/10 - Biometrics :: 07/16/10 - EAD/AP Approved :: 10/26/10 - AOS Approved

ROC
08/16/12 - NOA :: 09/13/12 - Biometrics :: 04/12/13 - Approved :: 04/19/13 - GC received

Naturalization
08/22/13 - NOA :: 09/20/13 - Biometrics :: 01/30/14 - Interview - Approved :: 02/27/14 - Oath

We did it by email. Scan and attach his passport page and give them the case number and interview date in the email and say that you need to schedule a medical appt for a visa interview.

Thanks! How far in advance should we schedule the interview for? If we schedule the medical for a week before the interview will that be enough time? He will have to travel from Uganda so it would be great to just travel once and stay to do medical, interview, and passport retrieval after.

2013 began CR1 process

Fast forward to:

2/24/16- Husband received 10 year green card

Starting the process over again for our daughter (IR2):

1/13/16 NOA1 from Potomac Service Center

4/5/16 NOA2!

4/7/16 Case sent to NVC

4/22/16 Received NVC Case and Invoice Numbers

4/22/16 Submitted DS-261

4/22/16 Invoice for AOS Received. Paid AOS Fee

4/25/16 AOS Fee shows as PAID

4/27/16 Invoice for IV Received. Paid IV Fee

4/29/16 IV Fee Shows as PAID

4/29/16 Submitted DS-260

5/6/16 Sent AOS and IV packages

5/9/16 AOS and IV packages received by NVC

5/9/16 Scan Date

6/10/16 Case Complete

8/8/16 Received Interview Date

9/20/16 Interview Date

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Does anyone know how much it costs for a medical for parents in Nairobi.

Get intouch with them ( contacts here below) ! I hope this helps :)
*********************************************************************************************
Contacts

International Organization for Migration(IOM)

Rhapta Road, Westlands, PO Box 55040 - 00200 Nairobi ,Kenya

Tel: 020 4221000

Fax: +254 2 4449577

E-mail: piunairobi@iom.int

Medical Bookings: Please email us at: nbomed@iom.int

Or call us: Tel: +254 0722879680 or 0734860686

IOM Nairobi Operations: Please email us at: iomnboops@iom.int

Tel: +254 2 272 36 05/ +254 2 272 0060/+254 724 256 748.

Social Media: Twitter: @iomnairobi Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/IOMNairobi

Timeline

I am so happy.....yeah :))))))) dancin5hr.gifjust called NVC...and do I have the greatest news to share..... Case complete as of yesterday per the operator ....Alhamdulilah (Thank you Allah)..........Now just waiting for the CC email...then it is onto waiting for an interview date...Nairobi embassy ... please give me an august interview...(Please Allah make this happen In shaa Allah)......Good luck to everyone on their journey.

02/15/13: Filed I-130 and got my NOA104/15/13: I-130 approved and got my NOA204/29/13: NVC received my file05/13/13: Case/IIN received05/13/13: DS-3032 sent05/24/13: DS-3032 1st email rejected, sent a second one and that one got rejected too on the same day.05/28/13: AOS bill invoiced and received email from NVC with all the info.05/28/13: Paid AOS bill right away.05/28/13: As soon as I received the official AOS email, I sent a 3rd DS-3032 email with "supervisor review" as the subject.05/29/13: NVC sent an email accepting the DS-3032 email smile.png (Alhamdulilah)O5/30/13: AOS bill shows PAID05/30/13: Received official DS-3032 Email and IV invoice info (waiting for the IV bill invoice to show up on payment portal)05/31/13: IV bill invoiced05/31/13: Pay IV Bill06/01/13: Sent out the AOS package (hoping In shaa Allah that I don't get a checklist)06/03/13: IV bill shows PAID06/04/13: Sent out the IV package (hoping In shaa Allah that I don't get a checklist)06/18/13: AOS package accepted (Alhamdulilah smile.png, no check list)06/20/13: IV package accepted (Alhamdulilah smile.png, no check list)06/20/13: Case complete at NVC dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifAlhamdulilah07/31/13: Medicaldancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifIn shaa Allah may Allah make it easier for him, Amiin.<p>08/14/13: Interview date at Nairobi Embassy dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif In shaa Allah may Allah make it easier for him, Amiin. (Interview date changed because they had a problem finding the medical)01/07/2015: visa approved

I am so happy.....yeah :))))))) dancin5hr.gifjust called NVC...and do I have the greatest news to share..... Case complete as of yesterday per the operator ....Alhamdulilah (Thank you Allah)..........Now just waiting for the CC email...then it is onto waiting for an interview date...Nairobi embassy ... please give me an august interview...(Please Allah make this happen In shaa Allah)......Good luck to everyone on their journey.

Congrats! I hope they assign you an interview in July for August! Best of luck as you finish this journey.

2013 began CR1 process

Fast forward to:

4/5/16 NOA2!

4/7/16 Case sent to NVC

4/22/16 Submitted DS-261

4/29/16 Submitted DS-260

5/9/16 Scan Date

6/10/16 Case Complete

9/20/16 Interview Date

Timeline

Congrats! I hope they assign you an interview in July for August! Best of luck as you finish this journey.

Thanks, I hope so too! Praying to God that it happens. Best of luck to you as well....Let us know how the interview goes. Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hi VJ members,

Does Nairobi Embassy nolonger working on cases which were put in AP? Has any one of recent been Approved right from AP?

Mine has been there for 5 months and no update but they confirm to have received the requested Documents which were missing?

But everyday I pray to the Almighty God to soon approve my visa.

Thank you for your time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

To add on, when we made congressional way back, the reply was "Unfortunately this case is still under internal mandatory administrative processing and once its completed we shall contact the applicant on how to proceed"

What does this mean?

Does it mean my AP is at consulate level?

Members advise.

Timeline

Thanks! How far in advance should we schedule the interview for? If we schedule the medical for a week before the interview will that be enough time? He will have to travel from Uganda so it would be great to just travel once and stay to do medical, interview, and passport retrieval after.

Atleast a week...we thought ours was scheduled for the 24th because i got an email back saying that was when it was, we got there and they said it wasn't scheduled until july...we explained that our interview was july 3rd and that we had an email stating it was that day. they said it was probably their error and let wilson complete paperwork that day and come back the next day for his lab tests, x ray and check up. the next day he went and got 3 immunizations, blood test and xray. they said to come back the following day for results. we came back and it wasn't ready, they said next day. the next day we called and said they wouldn't be done until the following monday! today is monday and we can't get through on the phone. i would get the appointment as soon as you can, because you can never tell how many delays there will be. the village market is very close to IOM. the IOM---by the way has moved from westlands to gigiri. the address is 78 united nations crescent, gigiri. if you take a matatu to the village market, gigiri you can walk through village market to the back entrance on united nations crescent. take a right and walk to number 78. anyone around can help you with directions. at the village market there are nice restaurants, shops, even a photo place to get the photos you need for medical exam-and they are high quality photos that are instant. 500 shillings for 4 photos. the IOM instructions said to bring 2, but they took 3 of my husbands and we don't know why. He went on the first day for four hours (7:30-11:30) for the paperwork. the second day he went in at 8:30, then they let him leave around 12 to get the correct kind of photo taken, then he went back for another two hours. hopefully the papers are ready today. we will try calling again, but if they don't answer we will just show up and see if they are ready. hope this helps.

Atleast a week...we thought ours was scheduled for the 24th because i got an email back saying that was when it was, we got there and they said it wasn't scheduled until july...we explained that our interview was july 3rd and that we had an email stating it was that day. they said it was probably their error and let wilson complete paperwork that day and come back the next day for his lab tests, x ray and check up. the next day he went and got 3 immunizations, blood test and xray. they said to come back the following day for results. we came back and it wasn't ready, they said next day. the next day we called and said they wouldn't be done until the following monday! today is monday and we can't get through on the phone. i would get the appointment as soon as you can, because you can never tell how many delays there will be. the village market is very close to IOM. the IOM---by the way has moved from westlands to gigiri. the address is 78 united nations crescent, gigiri. if you take a matatu to the village market, gigiri you can walk through village market to the back entrance on united nations crescent. take a right and walk to number 78. anyone around can help you with directions. at the village market there are nice restaurants, shops, even a photo place to get the photos you need for medical exam-and they are high quality photos that are instant. 500 shillings for 4 photos. the IOM instructions said to bring 2, but they took 3 of my husbands and we don't know why. He went on the first day for four hours (7:30-11:30) for the paperwork. the second day he went in at 8:30, then they let him leave around 12 to get the correct kind of photo taken, then he went back for another two hours. hopefully the papers are ready today. we will try calling again, but if they don't answer we will just show up and see if they are ready. hope this helps.

Very helpful, thank you so much. David is traveling to Nairobi on the 14th, medical scheduled for the 16th, and interview on the 24th. July is our month! I can't wait to have this month fly by and then my hubby will be home in my arms! Good luck on Wilson's interview Wednesday. I'll be praying for you both. Edited by mrsaloto

2013 began CR1 process

Fast forward to:

4/5/16 NOA2!

4/7/16 Case sent to NVC

4/22/16 Submitted DS-261

4/29/16 Submitted DS-260

5/9/16 Scan Date

6/10/16 Case Complete

9/20/16 Interview Date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.