Madwoman

Nairobi Embassy Thread!

1,841 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Wishing Katie & Sifa (and Nyosh in the future :star:) a stress-free and smooth ROC. We don't file ROC until October of 2013, so we have a ways to go. But, I am still saving all the evidence, lol. After that, it'll be dual citizenship. All the best to you guys :luv:(F)

Men are like stars ~ there are a million of them, but only ONE can make your dreams come true. I found my STAR...

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Timeline

Wishing Katie & Sifa (and Nyosh in the future :star:) a stress-free and smooth ROC. We don't file ROC until October of 2013, so we have a ways to go. But, I am still saving all the evidence, lol. After that, it'll be dual citizenship. All the best to you guys :luv:(F)

Thanks Ben and Jill. :)

Timeline

Goodluck Katie & Sifa

Welcome Jean & Sam! :)

Started pulling out all of our accumulated stuff for Removal of Conditions tonight...uggggh. I'm out of practice with all of this! Haha. Hoping for a smooth process :)

In your Strength, I can crush an army; with my God , I can scale any wall .....2nd Samuel 22:30

For God did not give us a spirit of fear and timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self discipline}... 2 Timothy 1 :7[/i]

Set me as seal over your heart. Solomon 8:6

imgfinal2.jpg

AOS

08/03/2009 - AOS Approval

08/13/ 2009- GC in mail

ROC

09/01/2011 - Roc Approval

N - 400

06/15/2012 - Mailed N - 400 package to Phoenix

06/19/2012 - Notice of Action

07/20/2012 - Biometrics

08/20/2012 - Interview: PASSED

09/21/2012 - Oath Ceremony :)

09/21/2012 - US Citizen

RqhYvq6.jpgRqhYm4.pngRqhYm4.png

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows James 1 : 17[/center]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hello,

We received our NVC number last monday and they said our petition was on its way to the Nairobi Embassy. Do we wait for the embassy to contact us or do we just go ahead with everything else like scheduling the medical and interview date?

I think our petition got to Nairobi on Friday but I haven't heard anything yet. Do i wait for them or do i just go ahead?

Thanks everyone.

14th Jan 2012: I-129f petition filed

23rd Jan 2012: NOA1

26th Jan 2012: NOA1 hard copy

21st Jun 2012 : NOA2 USCIS status changed to POST DECISION ACTIVITY

26th Jun 2012 : NOA2 hard copy

16th Jul 2012 : Fiance given NVC Number.Petition left NVC for Nairobi Embassy

20th Jul 2012 : Petition arrived at Nairobi Embassy

24th Jul 2012 : Email from Nairobi Embassy with Packet 3 instructions

20th&21st Aug 2012 : Medical

30th Aug 2012: Interview (APPROVED)

6th Oct 2012: POE at Washington Dulles Airport

1st Dec 2012: Wedding

14th Dec 2012: AOS filed

19th Dec 2012: I-485, EAD and AP received (text message)

r9qe6hsob.png

tu3c2rfpx.png

bq59yo0zk.png

Timeline

Hello,

We received our NVC number last monday and they said our petition was on its way to the Nairobi Embassy. Do we wait for the embassy to contact us or do we just go ahead with everything else like scheduling the medical and interview date?

I think our petition got to Nairobi on Friday but I haven't heard anything yet. Do i wait for them or do i just go ahead?

Thanks everyone.

You have to have the email from the Embassy stating that they have received your petition...you cannot schedule your medical without it. IOM will ask you for that email. Email the Embassy and ask them to confirm receipt of your file. Include your NRB case # in the subject line. Do not wait for them to email you first - it will take three weeks or more. Once they reply to your email (within two weeks they should reply), then you can schedule your medical and continue with the process. All the best to you and good luck with everything! :star:(F)

Men are like stars ~ there are a million of them, but only ONE can make your dreams come true. I found my STAR...

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Timeline

Hey guys, am new in this thread and found it great. we still on our noa2 and we're going for CR1. embassy is nairobi. am from rwanda. How much cost the medicals in nairobi?

Welcome to VJ and all the best on your journey.

Timeline

Welcome Jean & Sam! :)

Started pulling out all of our accumulated stuff for Removal of Conditions tonight...uggggh. I'm out of practice with all of this! Haha. Hoping for a smooth process :)

Ours was smooth and i believe yours will be the same!

Edited by ddartt1

Timeline

You have to have the email from the Embassy stating that they have received your petition...you cannot schedule your medical without it. IOM will ask you for that email. Email the Embassy and ask them to confirm receipt of your file. Include your NRB case # in the subject line. Do not wait for them to email you first - it will take three weeks or more. Once they reply to your email (within two weeks they should reply), then you can schedule your medical and continue with the process. All the best to you and good luck with everything! :star:(F)

Thank you Ben and Jill. But God is so good and faithful. We received an email from the embassy today telling us that they received our file and the links to all the instructions and how to schedule an appointment.

I am so happy and nervous for the next step but I am trusting God to see us through this one.

r9qe6hsob.png

tu3c2rfpx.png

bq59yo0zk.png

Timeline

Thank you Ben and Jill. But God is so good and faithful. We received an email from the embassy today telling us that they received our file and the links to all the instructions and how to schedule an appointment.

I am so happy and nervous for the next step but I am trusting God to see us through this one.

Oh my goodness...that was so fast! They must really be on the ball these days, lol. That's wonderful news. You will be fine. Follow all the instructions carefully and triple check everything. Stay blessed, xoxo.

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Timeline

Thank you so much for all the help. Yes it was so fast. I sent them an email last evening and today morning I found a reply already.

I am preparing for the interview and I will triple check everything.

r9qe6hsob.png

tu3c2rfpx.png

bq59yo0zk.png

I thought I read from the Kenyan government pages that they don't allow dual citizenship.

Timeline

I thought I read from the Kenyan government pages that they don't allow dual citizenship.

Actually, they do now. Kenya passed a new constitution a while back that allows for dual citizenship.

K-1
09/09/09 - NOA1 :: 10/20/09 - NOA2 :: 01/11/10 - Interview :: 02/24/10 - POE :: 04/10/10 - Wedding

AOS
05/17/10 - NOA :: 06/08/10 - Transferred to CSC :: 07/02/10 - Biometrics :: 07/16/10 - EAD/AP Approved :: 10/26/10 - AOS Approved

ROC
08/16/12 - NOA :: 09/13/12 - Biometrics :: 04/12/13 - Approved :: 04/19/13 - GC received

Naturalization
08/22/13 - NOA :: 09/20/13 - Biometrics :: 01/30/14 - Interview - Approved :: 02/27/14 - Oath

Timeline

They do now, whew! Thank goodness :blush: Also wanted to add that there are two more approvals that just went through Nairobi. "Ndungu" and "BC-Neo" both just got approved. They said it was very tough, and were questioned to death by the blonde woman ( :devil: ) and another man. But, they made it through. :dance: Many, many blessings and congrats to them!

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Actually, they do now. Kenya passed a new constitution a while back that allows for dual citizenship.

<------- And this little guy will be born a dual citizen even if born in the USA, if I'm not mistaken. I'm still trying to figure out how all of that will work.

Timeline

<------- And this little guy will be born a dual citizen even if born in the USA, if I'm not mistaken. I'm still trying to figure out how all of that will work.

Yep. I know he will be eligible a dual citizen, but not sure what you need to do to register his birth here, or whatever. You might contact the Kenyan Embassy in Washington, D.C. - I'm sure they would know!

K-1
09/09/09 - NOA1 :: 10/20/09 - NOA2 :: 01/11/10 - Interview :: 02/24/10 - POE :: 04/10/10 - Wedding

AOS
05/17/10 - NOA :: 06/08/10 - Transferred to CSC :: 07/02/10 - Biometrics :: 07/16/10 - EAD/AP Approved :: 10/26/10 - AOS Approved

ROC
08/16/12 - NOA :: 09/13/12 - Biometrics :: 04/12/13 - Approved :: 04/19/13 - GC received

Naturalization
08/22/13 - NOA :: 09/20/13 - Biometrics :: 01/30/14 - Interview - Approved :: 02/27/14 - Oath

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.