Madwoman

Nairobi Embassy Thread!

1,841 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Congrats, Cotton Candy! :dance::star::thumbs: Lots of luck and love as you make your way onto the Embassy! (F)

Men are like stars ~ there are a million of them, but only ONE can make your dreams come true. I found my STAR...

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Yayyy, NOA2 is here after 174 days :D:D

:dance: congratulations :dance:

K1 visa journey

1/10/12 - NOA1
6/ 8 /12 - NOA2
6/20/12 - Received at NVC
6/21/12 - Assigned case number and sent to consulate
6/25/12 - Received at Nairobi Embassy
6/27/12 - Email from Nairobi Embassy (packet 3/instructions)
8/22/12 - Interview - APPROVED
8/29/12 - Received visa
10/14/12 - POE (Boston)
12/12/12 - Wedding ❤❤❤

AOS/EAD/AP

1/18/13 - Package delivered at Chicago lockbox
1/24/13 - NOA1 (email and text)for AOS/EAD/AP
1/25/13 - Received biometrics appointment letter and NOA1s letters
2/12/13 - Biometrics at 1.00pm (Lawrence, MA)
3/15/13 - EAD/AP approved, 3/21/13 mailed
3/23/13 - Received EAD/AP combo

8/27/13 - AOS approved & subsequent card production ordered (no interview)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

My husband went for his interview in March, and he wasn't required to submit anything beforehand. The day of his interview he brought all the paperwork, and had his interview on the same day. I would plan on going the day of the interview with all your paperwork and having your interview that day. Keep in mind that everything you say once you enter the embassy can be used as part of the interview. The people you talk to before your formal interview will ask questions, and the final interview may follow up on anything you've said earlier.

Hello Beaulahluo,

There is something I want to ask that is related to the visa process since I see your fiance was from Uganda. How did you go about the police certificate? Someone just sent me a link and on the page, it says, we have to write to the CID, have fingerprints taken which will take about 2 weeks for that.. Did you also get your certificate from the CID headquarters here in Uganda?? Just want to start preparing before the interview.

Any information on this will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Ann.

14th Jan 2012: I-129f petition filed

23rd Jan 2012: NOA1

26th Jan 2012: NOA1 hard copy

21st Jun 2012 : NOA2 USCIS status changed to POST DECISION ACTIVITY

26th Jun 2012 : NOA2 hard copy

16th Jul 2012 : Fiance given NVC Number.Petition left NVC for Nairobi Embassy

20th Jul 2012 : Petition arrived at Nairobi Embassy

24th Jul 2012 : Email from Nairobi Embassy with Packet 3 instructions

20th&21st Aug 2012 : Medical

30th Aug 2012: Interview (APPROVED)

6th Oct 2012: POE at Washington Dulles Airport

1st Dec 2012: Wedding

14th Dec 2012: AOS filed

19th Dec 2012: I-485, EAD and AP received (text message)

r9qe6hsob.png

tu3c2rfpx.png

bq59yo0zk.png

Timeline

My husband went for his interview in March, and he wasn't required to submit anything beforehand. The day of his interview he brought all the paperwork, and had his interview on the same day. I would plan on going the day of the interview with all your paperwork and having your interview that day. Keep in mind that everything you say once you enter the embassy can be used as part of the interview. The people you talk to before your formal interview will ask questions, and the final interview may follow up on anything you've said earlier.

Hello Beaulahluo,

There is something I want to ask that is related to the visa process since I see your fiance was from Uganda. How did you go about the police certificate? Someone just sent me a link and on the page, it says, we have to write to the CID, have fingerprints taken which will take about 2 weeks for that.. Did you also get your certificate from the CID headquarters here in Uganda?? Just want to start preparing before the interview.

Ann.

r9qe6hsob.png

tu3c2rfpx.png

bq59yo0zk.png

Timeline

Hello Beaulahluo,

Ann.

My husband said he would if at ALL possible go in person to get the Police cert (not through the mail). He said when he went they took his photo and his fingerprints, and that he had to go back twice. This is what he did:

He went to Kibuli Police Station, and there they gave a bank slip. Then he went and paid around 50,000 UGX, then he went back with his receipt to Kibuli. Then they take finger prints, then they gave another receipt. Then they told him to go to Kololo Interpol after a week or four days (it depends).

So a week later, he went to Kololo, and he was given another bank slip which he went and paid again (around 50,000 UGX) and went back with his receipt, then they took his photo and told him to wait outside for an hour. Then they called him back, and issued his certificate.

Soooo...that's how he got it! Our lawyer said you could get it through the mail, but my husband says they had to take his photo to put on the certificate so he doesn't see how that process could happen through the mail. You could try the mail but it's much more certain if you go in person; that's what he did and he didn't have any problems.

Hope that helps~~ Just curious, what part of UG is your fiance from?

K-1

May - Oct2008 – Meet in Uganda, meet his family, live with his family

Oct '08-'11 - correspond, work together through a common non-profit

June-July 2011 - Return to Uganda; we get engaged!!

Aug 22, 2011 – NOA1

Jan 25, 2012 – NOA2

Feb 16, 2012 – NVC Clearance

March 16-19 2012 - Medical exam

March 22, 2012- Interview, refused pending Kenya police certificate

April 5, 2012 Police Certificate issued

April 10, 2012 Police certificate and passport delivered to consulate

April 13, 2012 Email from consulate notifying of visa APPROVAL!!!!!!

April 18th, 2012 Approximate pick-up date of passport

April 20th, 2012 Actual day passport ready for pick-up; visa in hand!

April 29th, 2012 Anticipated entry to the US!!! (Boston, Logan international)

Timeline

My husband said he would if at ALL possible go in person to get the Police cert (not through the mail). He said when he went they took his photo and his fingerprints, and that he had to go back twice. This is what he did:

He went to Kibuli Police Station, and there they gave a bank slip. Then he went and paid around 50,000 UGX, then he went back with his receipt to Kibuli. Then they take finger prints, then they gave another receipt. Then they told him to go to Kololo Interpol after a week or four days (it depends).

So a week later, he went to Kololo, and he was given another bank slip which he went and paid again (around 50,000 UGX) and went back with his receipt, then they took his photo and told him to wait outside for an hour. Then they called him back, and issued his certificate.

Soooo...that's how he got it! Our lawyer said you could get it through the mail, but my husband says they had to take his photo to put on the certificate so he doesn't see how that process could happen through the mail. You could try the mail but it's much more certain if you go in person; that's what he did and he didn't have any problems.

Hope that helps~~ Just curious, what part of UG is your fiance from?

Thank you so much for your help. :) But i am the beneficiary..lol and my fiance is the American citizen. I am going to do it on Monday. God bless you.

r9qe6hsob.png

tu3c2rfpx.png

bq59yo0zk.png

Timeline

Hey guys, am new in this thread and found it great. we still on our noa2 and we're going for CR1. embassy is nairobi. am from rwanda. How much cost the medicals in nairobi?

Greetings, welcome to VJ and the Nairobi Embassy Thread. The medicals are the least expensive part of the entire process. Ours was around $220 USD...maybe less. The medical exam itself was $138 and then the rest was the shots, etc. It will vary depending upon which vaccines are needed. It's definitely not too bad. Wishing you the best!

Men are like stars ~ there are a million of them, but only ONE can make your dreams come true. I found my STAR...

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Timeline

Welcome Jean & Sam

Hey guys, am new in this thread and found it great. we still on our noa2 and we're going for CR1. embassy is nairobi. am from rwanda. How much cost the medicals in nairobi?

Congrats Cotton :dance: :dance:

Edited by shefellfromheaven

In your Strength, I can crush an army; with my God , I can scale any wall .....2nd Samuel 22:30

For God did not give us a spirit of fear and timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self discipline}... 2 Timothy 1 :7[/i]

Set me as seal over your heart. Solomon 8:6

imgfinal2.jpg

AOS

08/03/2009 - AOS Approval

08/13/ 2009- GC in mail

ROC

09/01/2011 - Roc Approval

N - 400

06/15/2012 - Mailed N - 400 package to Phoenix

06/19/2012 - Notice of Action

07/20/2012 - Biometrics

08/20/2012 - Interview: PASSED

09/21/2012 - Oath Ceremony :)

09/21/2012 - US Citizen

RqhYvq6.jpgRqhYm4.pngRqhYm4.png

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows James 1 : 17[/center]

Timeline

Welcome Jean&Sam!!

Timeline

Welcome Jean & Sam! :)

Started pulling out all of our accumulated stuff for Removal of Conditions tonight...uggggh. I'm out of practice with all of this! Haha. Hoping for a smooth process :)

K-1
09/09/09 - NOA1 :: 10/20/09 - NOA2 :: 01/11/10 - Interview :: 02/24/10 - POE :: 04/10/10 - Wedding

AOS
05/17/10 - NOA :: 06/08/10 - Transferred to CSC :: 07/02/10 - Biometrics :: 07/16/10 - EAD/AP Approved :: 10/26/10 - AOS Approved

ROC
08/16/12 - NOA :: 09/13/12 - Biometrics :: 04/12/13 - Approved :: 04/19/13 - GC received

Naturalization
08/22/13 - NOA :: 09/20/13 - Biometrics :: 01/30/14 - Interview - Approved :: 02/27/14 - Oath

Timeline

Welcome Jean & Sam! :)

Started pulling out all of our accumulated stuff for Removal of Conditions tonight...uggggh. I'm out of practice with all of this! Haha. Hoping for a smooth process :)

Hey Katie & Sifa, wishing you a stress free ROC process :) . Mine is coming up in November. Dreading the paperwork though.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.