Madwoman

Nairobi Embassy Thread!

1,841 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
What language does she speak?

She speak Somalian.

Hey,am just curious as to how you communicate with your fiancee if you are a USC?

S

Shasher good question she speak Somali and Swahili; and I speak Somali and Swahili that is how we communicate.

Timeline
Hi I'm new to this place I have one question if you guy's can help me; my fiancee she don't speak english, does the embassy provide her interpreter?

Thank you.

Hi Dawarig

Welcome to VJ! Yes there are Somali interpreters at the embassy but i think its also good if someone who speaks English (if she has any) accompanies her to the embassy; it could be a friend or relative. All the best!

ddartt1 thanks I'm planing to go the interview with her if that is acceptable; are they too picky about that what do you think.

Edited by Dawarig

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

You can accompany her to the interview, that will be good.

In your Strength, I can crush an army; with my God , I can scale any wall .....2nd Samuel 22:30

For God did not give us a spirit of fear and timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self discipline}... 2 Timothy 1 :7[/i]

Set me as seal over your heart. Solomon 8:6

imgfinal2.jpg

AOS

08/03/2009 - AOS Approval

08/13/ 2009- GC in mail

ROC

09/01/2011 - Roc Approval

N - 400

06/15/2012 - Mailed N - 400 package to Phoenix

06/19/2012 - Notice of Action

07/20/2012 - Biometrics

08/20/2012 - Interview: PASSED

09/21/2012 - Oath Ceremony :)

09/21/2012 - US Citizen

RqhYvq6.jpgRqhYm4.pngRqhYm4.png

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows James 1 : 17[/center]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

I'm thinking about that, how was your interview.

Hi Dawarig,

I accompanied my fiance to his interview in Nairobi and we went through NO PROBLEMS. We just had to sit and wait for about 2 hours....but if you're patient, it shouldn't be a problem. I just walked right up with my fiance to the window and stood with him while they asked the questions. You can read the interview experience on the previous pages.

By the way--while we were sitting there we met a somalian translator that was helping translate for many somalese. However I don't think he worked for the Embassy--I think he was paid by the Somalese.

When is your interview? Good luck!

Madelene

Hi Dawarig,

I accompanied my fiance to his interview in Nairobi and we went through NO PROBLEMS. We just had to sit and wait for about 2 hours....but if you're patient, it shouldn't be a problem. I just walked right up with my fiance to the window and stood with him while they asked the questions. You can read the interview experience on the previous pages.

By the way--while we were sitting there we met a somalian translator that was helping translate for many somalese. However I don't think he worked for the Embassy--I think he was paid by the Somalese.

Madelene

Just thought I would share the good news I got from my friend CRIS today:

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On August 27, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

My husband's green card is being created. YAY!!!!!!!!! Four months after we filed for AOS!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

-K-1-

Apr 24th, 2008 - Proposal!!!

Jun 20th, 2008 - I-129F petition sent to VSC

Jun 24th, 2008 - NOA 1 Sent

Jul 10th, 2008 - Touched

Nov 12th, 2008 - APPROVED!!!! YEEEAAAH!!

Nov 14th, 2008 - NVC received petition

Nov 18th, 2008 - Petition leaves NVC

Nov 24th, 2008 - Petition arrives at Nairobi Embassy

Dec 23rd, 2008 - Medical Exam

Jan 7th, 2009 - Interview in Nairobi-- APPROVED!!! Visa in hand same day!

Feb 21st, 2009 - POE, Logan Airport Boston, USA -- forgot to give my fiance his I-94 # (!) Had to go back and get it when we realized

Mar 28th, 2009 - Wedding!

-AOS-

April 27th, 2009 - Mailed AOS & EAD

April 29th, 2009 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

May 5th, 2009 - NOA for AOS & EAD

May 30th, 2009 - Completed Biometrics at Boston Office

June 3rd, 2009 - EAD card production ordered

June 10th, 2009 - EAD arrived in mail

July 10th, 2009 - Touched

August 8th, 2009 - RFE = requesting a new I-693

August 21st, 2009 - Completed new medical

August 22nd, 2009 - Mailed RFE priority

August 26th, 2009 - CRIS e-mail: AOS approved!

Sept 3rd, 2009 - Conditional green card arrived in mail!

-ROC-

May 16th, 2011 - Applied to lift conditions at VSC

May 31st, 2011 - NOA, residence status extended for one year

Aug 16th, 2011 - Biometrics

Jan 4th, 2012 - Approved! Card is in the mail :)

Timeline

Congrats Madeleine.

In your Strength, I can crush an army; with my God , I can scale any wall .....2nd Samuel 22:30

For God did not give us a spirit of fear and timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self discipline}... 2 Timothy 1 :7[/i]

imgfinal2.jpg

AOS

08/13/ 2009- GC in mail

ROC

N - 400

07/20/2012 - Biometrics

09/21/2012 - US Citizen

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows James 1 : 17[/center]

Timeline

Hi Dawarig,

Madelene

Hi Dawarig,

Madelene

Just thought I would share the good news I got from my friend CRIS today:

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On August 27, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

My husband's green card is being created. YAY!!!!!!!!! Four months after we filed for AOS!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Hi Madelene

Thank you for your information my fiancee she speak Swahili and Somali; she just kind scare the interview that is why I want go there accompany with her.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
Our thread is dying....

Also Allan got his green card in the mail today!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: "Soon-to-be" is now "Already Done!"

It's true this thread is dying...Where are all the new VJ'ers who are passing through the Nairobi Embassy?

-K-1-

Apr 24th, 2008 - Proposal!!!

Jun 20th, 2008 - I-129F petition sent to VSC

Jun 24th, 2008 - NOA 1 Sent

Jul 10th, 2008 - Touched

Nov 12th, 2008 - APPROVED!!!! YEEEAAAH!!

Nov 14th, 2008 - NVC received petition

Nov 18th, 2008 - Petition leaves NVC

Nov 24th, 2008 - Petition arrives at Nairobi Embassy

Dec 23rd, 2008 - Medical Exam

Jan 7th, 2009 - Interview in Nairobi-- APPROVED!!! Visa in hand same day!

Feb 21st, 2009 - POE, Logan Airport Boston, USA -- forgot to give my fiance his I-94 # (!) Had to go back and get it when we realized

Mar 28th, 2009 - Wedding!

-AOS-

April 27th, 2009 - Mailed AOS & EAD

April 29th, 2009 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

May 5th, 2009 - NOA for AOS & EAD

May 30th, 2009 - Completed Biometrics at Boston Office

June 3rd, 2009 - EAD card production ordered

June 10th, 2009 - EAD arrived in mail

July 10th, 2009 - Touched

August 8th, 2009 - RFE = requesting a new I-693

August 21st, 2009 - Completed new medical

August 22nd, 2009 - Mailed RFE priority

August 26th, 2009 - CRIS e-mail: AOS approved!

Sept 3rd, 2009 - Conditional green card arrived in mail!

-ROC-

May 16th, 2011 - Applied to lift conditions at VSC

May 31st, 2011 - NOA, residence status extended for one year

Aug 16th, 2011 - Biometrics

Jan 4th, 2012 - Approved! Card is in the mail :)

Timeline

we will keep it alive. Congratulations soon to be. :star:

imgfinal2.jpg

AOS

08/13/ 2009- GC in mail

ROC

N - 400

07/20/2012 - Biometrics

09/21/2012 - US Citizen

Timeline

Thanks gals! I think we are really blessed to be going to Kenya, seems to be one of the easiest african consulates. I am amazed at how quick everything went (even if it didn't seem fast at the time)

Timeline

Oh yes :thumbs: , We were blessed, looking back, I thank God

imgfinal2.jpg

AOS

08/13/ 2009- GC in mail

ROC

N - 400

07/20/2012 - Biometrics

09/21/2012 - US Citizen

Timeline

Hi Guys how is verything I hope everything is well; I'm worry about Nairobi Embassy are they too picky, how is the people who prescreen before my fiancee she see the counselor office are they rude or good.

Asante rafiki yangu

Timeline

The Security guards are professional, very polite and helpful. goodluck

imgfinal2.jpg

AOS

08/13/ 2009- GC in mail

ROC

N - 400

07/20/2012 - Biometrics

09/21/2012 - US Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.