divine1

Is Form W-2 required for form I-134 as supporting doc?

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I am new here at vj. It seems that this site is helping people who are processing their visa.

I hope you can help me with my concern.

My fiance losts his job last august (2 months after he filed the petition at CSC) because of tremendous crisis. until now, he wasn't able to find a job. So, it word be hard for him to produce Form W-2 as supporting documents for I-134.

The package he sent at CSC last june includes the affidavit of support with letter of his employer (since he was still employed), income tax return,Form W-2, and other needed docs for the petition.

Now, my question is, do we still need to present form W2 at USEM? My fiance is above poverty line and he owns property and still have some savings in the bank but got no work as of this time. WHat are other alternative to this.

I am afraid that we may not be able to show Form W2 as additional doc for affidavit of support during my interview. My NOA2 is soon to come. Please guys, i need your answers.

thank u so much.

W-2 and a 1099 are issued after the end of the year.

It says how much the person made the previous year, they don't have to me mailed until last day of January.

Your fiance will recieve a W-2 for any work performed in 2008, around late Jan. or early Feb of 2009

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
W-2 and a 1099 are issued after the end of the year.

It says how much the person made the previous year, they don't have to me mailed until last day of January.

Your fiance will recieve a W-2 for any work performed in 2008, around late Jan. or early Feb of 2009[/qoute]

I got a concern also, My fiance got only letter from his employer how much he is making from the company. Will this be enough for I-134 support?

Edited by AngelSaint

Eternally destined,

Angel&Saint

MY K1 TIMELINE

AOS

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Date Filed : 2009-02-04

NOA Date : 2009-02-06

Bio. Appt. : 2009-03-03

Interview Date : 2009-05-19

Approved :2009-05-19

Got I551 Stamp : yes

Greencard Received:2009-06-26

EAD

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2009-02-04

NOA Date : 2009-02-06

Bio. Appt. : 2009-03-03

Approved Date : 2009-04-01

Date Card Received :2009-04-13

Hello everyone,

I am new here at vj. It seems that this site is helping people who are processing their visa.

I hope you can help me with my concern.

My fiance losts his job last august (2 months after he filed the petition at CSC) because of tremendous crisis. until now, he wasn't able to find a job. So, it word be hard for him to produce Form W-2 as supporting documents for I-134.

The package he sent at CSC last june includes the affidavit of support with letter of his employer (since he was still employed), income tax return,Form W-2, and other needed docs for the petition.

Now, my question is, do we still need to present form W2 at USEM? My fiance is above poverty line and he owns property and still have some savings in the bank but got no work as of this time. WHat are other alternative to this.

I am afraid that we may not be able to show Form W2 as additional doc for affidavit of support during my interview. My NOA2 is soon to come. Please guys, i need your answers.

thank u so much.

To clarify - the Affidavit of Support (I-34) is not sent with the K1 Package to USCIS - it is brought to the interview at your embassy/consulate.

As part of the I-134, the USC is asked to include his/her most recent Income Tax Return, W-2's are (usually) part of what is needed to support the Income Tax Return (in other words you don't just submit W-2s).

Lastly - the USC should prepare his/her I-134 as close to the potential interview date as possible (so if he prepared one at the start of your K1 process, it'd be a really good idea to prepare a fresh one when your interview date gets closer.) :thumbs:

Timeline

On your interview day, The pre-screener will ask you the Affidavit of Support and its supporting documents... which are latest Income Tax Return, W2 or letter from his current employer stating his position and monthly salary or a payslip and bank statements/records (cash/stocks/bonds). They'll be looking in at your fiance's capability to FINANCIALLY SUPPORT YOU in the US. If unemployed, his bank records/statements should compensate for it.

I-129F Sent------------------------------------------04.21.2008

Interview Date---------------------------------------09.12.2008 (white and pink slip)

Visa Received----------------------------------------10.20.2008

US Entry----------------------------------------------10.29.2008 (POE: Detroit)

Marriage----------------------------------------------12.18.2008

(Cant file AOS yet, had to wait after filing taxes)

AOS packet sent w/ EAD----------------------------03.19.2009

NOA1 - Receipt Notice-------------------------------03.27.2009

1st Biometrics Appointment Notice-----------------03.31.2009 (for I-485 & I-765)

Transfer Notice (to CSC)----------------------------04.09.2009

1st Biometrics Schedule-----------------------------04.21.2009 (Attendant said either my fingerprints had slightly faded or their scanning machine sucks... #######?!)

2nd Biometrics Appointment Notice----------------04.23.2009 (*sigh*)

2nd Biometrics Schedule----------------------------05.14.2009 (for I-485)

Received EAD (sent by mail)-----------------------05.18.2009

Welcome Notice-------------------------------------06.01.2009 (for I-485)

Approval Notice and Resident Card received------06.11.2009

Timeline
On your interview day, The pre-screener will ask you the Affidavit of Support and its supporting documents... which are latest Income Tax Return, W2 or letter from his current employer stating his position and monthly salary or a payslip and bank statements/records (cash/stocks/bonds). They'll be looking in at your fiance's capability to FINANCIALLY SUPPORT YOU in the US. If unemployed, his bank records/statements should compensate for it.

PING, During My interview.. the pre screener and the consul didnt ask for the I-134. It's still w/ me. The pre screener only asked for his Tax return. I only submitted his 3 years tax transcript. During my interview, the consul only asked for his paystub. I handle it to her w/ I-134 but she returned the I-134 it to me and she said she doesnt need it Maybe it depends on the consul who handle your case. I just hope this will not cause the delay of my visa and they will not look for the I-134 again during their review.

Timeline

Really? Yeah it prolly depends on the consul. Ang weird nila no....? Inconsistent, depende lang sa CO.

Interview Date---------------------------------------09.12.2008 (white and pink slip)

1st Biometrics Appointment Notice-----------------03.31.2009 (for I-485 & I-765)

1st Biometrics Schedule-----------------------------04.21.2009 (Attendant said either my fingerprints had slightly faded or their scanning machine sucks... #######?!)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

When my husband sent me the support docs for I134, only the tax return. When I asked where's the W2s, he said, it's all in the tax return.. Well, I hope and pray that it won't make any problem during my interview...

Timeline

Your fiance will recieve a W-2 for any work performed in 2008, around late Jan. or early Feb of 2009[/qoute]

I got a concern also, My fiance got only letter from his employer how much he is making from the company. Will this be enough for I-134 support?

Tax transcript, employment letter and his two consecutive latest pay stub is enough to substantiate the I-134.

PING, During My interview.. the pre screener and the consul didnt ask for the I-134. It's still w/ me. The pre screener only asked for his Tax return. I only submitted his 3 years tax transcript. During my interview, the consul only asked for his paystub. I handle it to her w/ I-134 but she returned the I-134 it to me and she said she doesnt need it Maybe it depends on the consul who handle your case. I just hope this will not cause the delay of my visa and they will not look for the I-134 again during their review.

in the Fiance Visa Applicant Interview Preparation instructions is does not say the I-134 is a required document. maybe that's why only tax transcripts are taken from some individuals. however I'd say it's very highly recommended to have the I-134, since it's frequently asked for by the prescreener.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwfk1en.pdf

n. EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT. You should be able to demonstrate that you will not become a public charge or be a burden on the U.S. taxpayers for financial support. A completed I-134 Affidavit of Support Form will be useful to the consular officer to evaluate your petitioner’s ability to be financially responsible for you. You should also submit your petitioner’s most recent U.S. Federal income tax return (Form 1040) and wage statements (Form W-2). Employment letters stating salaries and bank statements may be included to substantiate the I-134. Download Form I-134 at http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Timeline

Guyz,

thank you so much for your replies. It helps me a bit to figure it out. I just want to ask another question:

Is it valid to submit (2007)previous year's Federal income tax return (Form 1040) and wage statements (Form W-2)? or Does my fiance need to apply for a latest one (dated November 2008)?

My fiance completed form I-134 (last June 2008) with the thought that he needs to send it to uscis. We just actually found it out that this form is only needed at USEM after he submitted it all to uscis.

Can we still use the same I-134 and its supporting documents for my interview?

I understand that it must be the latest one but it would be hard for him to secure a letter from his employer because he was laid off.

thank you again for further responses.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Guyz,

thank you so much for your replies. It helps me a bit to figure it out. I just want to ask another question:

Is it valid to submit (2007)previous year's Federal income tax return (Form 1040) and wage statements (Form W-2)? or Does my fiance need to apply for a latest one (dated November 2008)?

My fiance completed form I-134 (last June 2008) with the thought that he needs to send it to uscis. We just actually found it out that this form is only needed at USEM after he submitted it all to uscis.

I understand that it must be the latest one but it would be hard for him to secure a letter from his employer because he was laid off.

I think it just really depend on the CO, kasi my husband's 2007 income returns didn't look promising at all. In fact, his income was negative. But I still gave it to them, together with a personal letter from my husband explaining about his altered income due to the economic crisis(especially in real estate). His bank statement only has very, very, very little money in it, but the CO didn't ask for his bank statement(anyway, it was written in the I-134 also). Wala namang problema yung sa akin. Siguro, you just have to relax your mind and pray hard to God. I let two priests pray for me, I let my parents light a candle for me while I was inside USEM until I was done, I let other people pray for me...kasi He is the designer of all things. I just surrendered everything to him kasi He knows what's best for me. I am so thankful walang problema during the interview(except that the pre-screener was a bit shocked of my husband's 2007 negative income...hehehehe). The CO just told me that I am a professional with years of experience in my job, so I have the ability to work in the US, and so there will be no problem. Pray, pray, pray! Good luck!!!

Guyz,

Your fiance can't get Tax returns or W-2's from 2008, because we are still in 2008. They year is not finished.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Timeline

To be on the safe side. I would just get them all.... better to have all if not more than the listed requirements than bring only what you assumed they'll require.

Oh well, thats what i did.

Edited by PingLocalHostess

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi All,

We're also preparing for the visa interview and we're debating on whether the I-134 need to be notarized. It does not specifiy in the packet but under the "Where to File" section of the USCIS website where you download I-134, it says:

Where to File :

To file this form, it needs to be sworn to or affirmed by a USCIS Officer at any USCIS Office, by a notary public, or other official authorized to administer oaths for general purposes. If the sponsor is outside the United States, the affidavit must be sworn to or affirmed by a USCIS Officer or Consular Officer at any U.S. Embassy or Consulate.

Once the form is affirmed, it should be mailed to the same USCIS office where the application was filed.

Looking forward to your help!

Rootbeer

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.