SK&SP

K-1 people waiting for interviews at Montreal

3,179 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline
I didn't have time to read through all 93 pages of conversation in this thread... read the first few and the last few. It seems to be the perfect place to have my questions answered.

This is my situation:

I'm getting really worried that my Packet 3 got lost in the mail. It was mailed March 4th, 2009 regular Lettermail via Canada Post. (I got yelled at by my fiance for mailing it without a tracking method.) Three and a half months later and I still haven't recieved my Packet 4. We tried calling the Consulate in Montreal and the automated message just told us that they cannot provide any info on pending cases. It seems that many people are recieving their Packet 4's within a month of sending in their Packet 3's I am comparing my Timeline to other similar timelines and others have long had their interviews and some have even gotten married. Should I just email the Consulate and ask them to resend Packet 3 so I can resend it back to them? How exactly would I go about doing that? Is there anyone else I can attempt to contact for any info on our case?

Apologies for asking any questions that have already been answered previously in this thread (93 pages is just too daunting) or anywhere else on VJ.

Thanks all,

-Jen

DEFINITELY email them. It doesn't hurt!! They can just verify that they have in fact received your case and it is being processed. You can also call NVC I believe or USICS but I don't have the number handy. Maybe do a google search. It is tricky to speak with an agent, you have to know the secret code haha....but......someone here may have the number. 603 area code I believe. Not sure how much help I have been! But....................do contact someone and just ask if it is in Montreal.

We emailed the consulate to be sure they received our package and they replied the same day.

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

just called NVC today and they said they sent out our case to MTL on the 17th of june! i was really surprized.

all the stuff i need is in the mail right now and im a little worried that i will get an interview before it all gets to me to be ready for the interview. my birth cert wont be here for 6-8 weeks they told me and they will not rush it when i asked if it was posible.

also i was so excited im not sure i copied the number down right from the operator lol guess i have to wait till my fiance gets the letter from NVC till i can check the numbers and make my medical apointments. lol

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
just called NVC today and they said they sent out our case to MTL on the 17th of june! i was really surprized.

all the stuff i need is in the mail right now and im a little worried that i will get an interview before it all gets to me to be ready for the interview. my birth cert wont be here for 6-8 weeks they told me and they will not rush it when i asked if it was posible.

also i was so excited im not sure i copied the number down right from the operator lol guess i have to wait till my fiance gets the letter from NVC till i can check the numbers and make my medical apointments. lol

Inky, I'm not sure where in Canada you are, but my fiance had a "rush" request on his long-form birth certificate and he is from Ontario. We had his in about a week or so, if I remember right. You pay more (I think it was $60), but we needed it asap. So, there is always a "rush" option for everything with any government. lol Granted, the "rush" will ALWAYS cost, you though!

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline

Inky, I'm not sure where in Canada you are, but my fiance had a "rush" request on his long-form birth certificate and he is from Ontario. We had his in about a week or so, if I remember right. You pay more (I think it was $60), but we needed it asap. So, there is always a "rush" option for everything with any government. lol Granted, the "rush" will ALWAYS cost, you though!

Yeah same here. I paid the "rush" fee and I had mine in 3 days! But, I submitted the request online, I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

Timeline

Yeah same here. I paid the "rush" fee and I had mine in 3 days! But, I submitted the request online, I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

I believe we did his online, too. LOL In fact, I know we did. We used MY credit card! :blink:

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline

that is rediculous b/c i orderd online there was no rush fee any where on the site that i could find and it cost me 87$.......... they even told me on the phone when i called that they dont rush applications and i told the person what it was for and she said no we dont rush any applications. arg...

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Timeline
that is rediculous b/c i orderd online there was no rush fee any where on the site that i could find and it cost me 87$.......... they even told me on the phone when i called that they dont rush applications and i told the person what it was for and she said no we dont rush any applications. arg...

Hmmm... I don't think they would have changed things since Huggles and my fiance' applied for the rushed B/Cs online. :blink:

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline

maybe i just got someone who was in a really bitchy mood when i called lol should i try calling again maybe?

My certified birth certificate took less than two weeks (the registrar's office is in Thunder Bay, I think)... RCMP check was a week (though my mailing address was Ottawa).

Related interview question (that's likely been asked 80 000 times already): Is it mandatory that the US citizen attend the interview? Circumstances may dictate that I do it alone, which I'm cool with, but still-wanted to ask/be aware of ahead of time...

Timeline
My certified birth certificate took less than two weeks (the registrar's office is in Thunder Bay, I think)... RCMP check was a week (though my mailing address was Ottawa).

Related interview question (that's likely been asked 80 000 times already): Is it mandatory that the US citizen attend the interview? Circumstances may dictate that I do it alone, which I'm cool with, but still-wanted to ask/be aware of ahead of time...

Nope. The USC does not have to go. I think they (interviewers) like it, because what better proof can you show than a real live breathing human being??!! But, it is not required.

I went (I'm the USC), b/c I'm nosey. :lol: I also wanted to know what he was going through and what the experience was like for him. But, we also deal with the good and the bad better when we're together. PLUS, I'm the paper organizer of the bunch. So, without me, he would have been screwed. LOL

Edited by July09Bride

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline

i been waiting for my birth cert since june 2nd =/

i been waiting for my birth cert since june 2nd =/

The expedited service is a third party company, not the Ministry, I paid $101 and got it in 48 hours. There are several companies on line.

Good luck

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Timeline

Nope. The USC does not have to go. I think they (interviewers) like it, because what better proof can you show than a real live breathing human being??!! But, it is not required.

I went (I'm the USC), b/c I'm nosey. :lol: I also wanted to know what he was going through and what the experience was like for him. But, we also deal with the good and the bad better when we're together. PLUS, I'm the paper organizer of the bunch. So, without me, he would have been screwed. LOL

The bolded part is so very true for me and David as well :) Apart we can both bee very grrr but together we are more calm and able to deal with stuff :) Which is why when i have my interview he is comming down as well :)

HWDWm6.png

That's weird.

I had to get my long form for my fiance's lawyers (who filled out the paperwork), I didn't pay for the rush and I got mine in 3 days.

And I live near Toronto... I think it came from Thunder Bay.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.