SK&SP

K-1 people waiting for interviews at Montreal

3,179 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Actually Muffin, California is the fastest service center right now! It seriously took you 8 months to get your NOA2? That's insane. Any idea why that could be the case? It took us a little over 3, that's it.

On the government website they posted that they have received doubled of application during month of July 2008, from the usual 1.2million to 2.4 million :blink:

REALLY???? Holy cow. And to think, we applied (got our paperwork in) during September 2008. Sheesh.

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
How do you know when your packet 3 is logged? Also, during the visa interview, do they even look at your medical packet? I haven't seen anybody mention it in their interview reviews.

You can e-mail Montreal and ask, or you can call DOS, they know everything.

For the interview, they take your sealed medical packet and open it and review everything. Its definitely an important piece of the puzzle! You give to the person who takes all your paperwork. However, they don't want your x-ray... I don't understand why we needed to get one if they don't want it.

TB has been knocked out of the US system for quite a while. In fact, as kids, we had to have TB tests all the time. I remember getting the card at the doctor's office and just WAITING to see if something would happen... and it never did. The innoculation WAS the test. If there was a reaction at the injection site (inside forearm area) then you had TB. If not, no reaction. So, the x-ray is their way to check for it... via scarring in the chest/lungs. So, at the medical exam, they "test" for it via x-ray.

Basically, they take the x-ray... don't want the extra film cluttering up their office, so they send it to you. Then, in the DO NOT OPEN package, the Doctor states that you do/don't have TB and you get your x-ray back... think of it as a souvenir! Wooo hoooo! LOL

NOTE: I just wish I would have been thinking logically as to the reason for the x-ray and why it was sent back (lol... see above statement) and we would have left that dumb thing at the house and not lugged it across two provinces for two days. :bonk: Oh, well. We did and we survived.

Edited by July09Bride

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Now that's applying your knowledge JulyBride! I never thought of it like that. I left the x-ray in the hotel in Montreal, I figured it they wanted it I would go back and get it, but I really didn't want to carry it around with me, its huge and awkward. Besides, I didn't want others to see a picture of my naked chest, even if it is the internal part! :lol:

So now, what the heck do I do with it? Its sitting here on my chair staring at me. I want to throw it out, but maybe i'll need it one day... What would I need it for? Who knows.

Timeline
Now that's applying your knowledge JulyBride! I never thought of it like that. I left the x-ray in the hotel in Montreal, I figured it they wanted it I would go back and get it, but I really didn't want to carry it around with me, its huge and awkward. Besides, I didn't want others to see a picture of my naked chest, even if it is the internal part! :lol:

So now, what the heck do I do with it? Its sitting here on my chair staring at me. I want to throw it out, but maybe i'll need it one day... What would I need it for? Who knows.

Here's what you do. You get your medical records together and when you get to Denver (and after you're married) get a doctor under his insurance (I think??) and take the x-ray, along with the records and give it to the office. If they don't want it... either keep it as a souvenir, put it someplace where you can find it if you need it for some random medical reason, or toss it out (just remember ya gotta pay for more medical stuff here in the USA than you're probably used to paying for (sometimes) in Canada).

Hmmm... other ideas? Dart board for when you're bored? Get the highest amount of points for hitting the heart in the middle?? :lol:

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

An elementary school teacher may like it for the kids to see the internal skeleton. We have a bunch in the kindergarten class for when we do the human body. There is always another use for something :)

Janet

Met online playing pinochle in late Feb or March 2001

Married in San Luis Obispo - July 18, 2008

Sent application CR-1/IR-1 on August 26, 2008 to Chicago lock box

September 4, 2008 - Touch #1

Approval email sent January 5, 2009 after 4 months and 2 days

NVC Journey Begins....

NVC Case officially in AVR - January 13, 2009

DS-3032 / AOS Bill Generated - January 16, 2009

AOS Bill snail mailed - January 24, 2009

Emailed DS-3032 - January 26, 2009

DS-3032 emailed read in NH January 30, 2009

DS-3032 accepted at NVC 0n February 2, 2009 via email

AOS Bill Shows as PAID - February 3, 2009

I-864 Package Generated - March 21, 2009

Mailed I-864 Package - March21, 2009

IV Bill Generated - February 3, 2009

Paid IV Bill - March 6, 2009 - snail mail

IV Bill Show as PAID - March 21, 2009

Mailed IV Package - March 21, 2009

REF - April 1, 2009 - Transfered to a supervisor

Case Completed at NVC - April 7, 2009

Medical completed May 27/09 in Vancouver

Interview Date - June 22 - SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED

POE -Vancouver @ YVR- June 28

Permanent resident card received July 20,2009

Social Security Card arrived August 2, 2009

April 2011 started ROC - May 27 biometrics - July 30 received 10 year green card!

Timeline
An elementary school teacher may like it for the kids to see the internal skeleton. We have a bunch in the kindergarten class for when we do the human body. There is always another use for something :)

Janet

Hmmm... hadn't thought of that, and I'm an elementary teacher! LOL But, I once did offer a copy of a before/after video of my knee surgery when I taught at a middle school eons ago. Hmmm... this might be an interesting thread discussion........ :whistle:

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I hear some good ideas... I was leaning towards a window decoration but maybe the doctor thing is probably a better idea. If they say, "we need to give you a chest x-ray" I can just whip it out and say, "no you don't, I'm one step ahead!" Although, I have no intentions on actually going and getting my medical records to bring with me. I'm young and healthy, there isn't anything wrong with me I can't explain verbally.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Hmmm...we should write a book. 101 Things to Do with a Left Over X-Ray. :P

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hmmm...we should write a book. 101 Things to Do with a Left Over X-Ray. :P

:lol:

I like the dartboard idea...

[font="Arial Black"][b]Our Visa Journey[/b][/font]
[color="#4B0082"]Met June 6, 2008 & Fell in love :)
He Propsed! September 15, 2008
Mailed I-129F: October 17th, 2008
[b]NOA1: October 28, 2008[/b]
[b]NOA2: March 13th, 2009 * Friday the 13th!*[/b]
NVC Received: April 2, 2009
NVC Shipped to Montreal Consulate: April 3, 2009
Montreal Consulate Received: April 6, 2009
Packet 3 Sent: April 9th, 2009
4/21: Contacted DoS RE lost packet 3 - operator told us to go ahead and send in all our documents
Packet 3 Received in Montreal: 4/22
Packet 3 logged in MTL: 4/24
Packet 4: June 3, 2009
[b]Interview Date: July 8, 2009!! APPROVED![/b]
POE & Date: July 15, 2009
Courthouse wedding: July 17, 2009

Ceremonial Wedding: First weekend June 2010 [/color]

I WISH I COULD FIX MY TIMELINE TOO! :)

[b]Getting it all together for the AOS :) [/b]

Timeline
After seeing hapycloud got her interview date and that we have the same packet 3 logged date, I gathered up enough courage to call DOS (never done it before) and I got the same date!! July 8th!! Can't believe it!! Just a few days ago I was so anxious about doing something wrong. ruby-mtl, you should get yours soon, since your packet 3 is logged 3 days after ours :)

WOW 4 of us at Montreal on the same day!! That is going to be good, we can keep eachother calm.

Oh yeah, I was jittery with excitment when I first heard that my interview date is set, and now I am a bundle of nerves about gathering up all the paper for the interview...don't think I can be calm until it's all over! LOL

Timeline
Actually Muffin, California is the fastest service center right now! It seriously took you 8 months to get your NOA2? That's insane. Any idea why that could be the case? It took us a little over 3, that's it.

On the government website they posted that they have received doubled of application during month of July 2008, from the usual 1.2million to 2.4 million :blink:

REALLY???? Holy cow. And to think, we applied (got our paperwork in) during September 2008. Sheesh.

That's crazy...now that I look at your timeline, you applied after us at the same office but actually got it all done before we did! Geez...we should've send in our application later, instead of got overwhelmed in all those application in July!

Timeline

That's crazy...now that I look at your timeline, you applied after us at the same office but actually got it all done before we did! Geez...we should've send in our application later, instead of got overwhelmed in all those application in July!

Was the timing different due to your RFE, I wonder? Hmmm... Well, you've got the interview, now. Yea!!!!!

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline

So I called the DOS again today hoping that I’d just called too early on Wednesday and that I’ve been scheduled as well, but there was nothing. Looking at everybody’s timelines, I think I should have had a date by now and I don’t know if it’s because there’s a problem with my file or if the file has been misplaced. I spoke to our attorney and she said that since we are still within the 4-6 month time estimate to interview that there is nothing we can do. So now I’m officially falling apart. I don’t mean to sound like I’m ranting, and I’m very happy for you guys getting your interviews (we all wait too long for Montreal as compared to many other consulates around the world), but I do wish there was some sort of order or at least transparency in the process. It’d be nice to know that I’m at least still in the queue. Oh well, I guess I just have to wait maybe and start re-vamping our wedding plans again. :crying:

Fall 2004: Met playing Warcraft

Aug 21, 2008: I-129 NOA1

Jan 30, 2009: I-129 NOA2

Mar 23, 2009: Package 3 logged at Mtl. consulate

Jul 15, 2009: Interview

Jul 26, 2009: Moving day!!!!!

Aug 24, 2009: Wedding

Timeline
So I called the DOS again today hoping that I’d just called too early on Wednesday and that I’ve been scheduled as well, but there was nothing. Looking at everybody’s timelines, I think I should have had a date by now and I don’t know if it’s because there’s a problem with my file or if the file has been misplaced. I spoke to our attorney and she said that since we are still within the 4-6 month time estimate to interview that there is nothing we can do. So now I’m officially falling apart. I don’t mean to sound like I’m ranting, and I’m very happy for you guys getting your interviews (we all wait too long for Montreal as compared to many other consulates around the world), but I do wish there was some sort of order or at least transparency in the process. It’d be nice to know that I’m at least still in the queue. Oh well, I guess I just have to wait maybe and start re-vamping our wedding plans again. :crying:

Aww, Sparky!! I'm sorry :( they are so cruel with their unpredictable ways!! Maybe there is another stack that will be scheduled soon.

[font="Arial Black"][b]Our Visa Journey[/b][/font]
[color="#4B0082"]Met June 6, 2008 & Fell in love :)
He Propsed! September 15, 2008
Mailed I-129F: October 17th, 2008
[b]NOA1: October 28, 2008[/b]
[b]NOA2: March 13th, 2009 * Friday the 13th!*[/b]
NVC Received: April 2, 2009
NVC Shipped to Montreal Consulate: April 3, 2009
Montreal Consulate Received: April 6, 2009
Packet 3 Sent: April 9th, 2009
4/21: Contacted DoS RE lost packet 3 - operator told us to go ahead and send in all our documents
Packet 3 Received in Montreal: 4/22
Packet 3 logged in MTL: 4/24
Packet 4: June 3, 2009
[b]Interview Date: July 8, 2009!! APPROVED![/b]
POE & Date: July 15, 2009
Courthouse wedding: July 17, 2009

Ceremonial Wedding: First weekend June 2010 [/color]

I WISH I COULD FIX MY TIMELINE TOO! :)

[b]Getting it all together for the AOS :) [/b]

Timeline

Aww, Sparky!! I'm sorry :( they are so cruel with their unpredictable ways!! Maybe there is another stack that will be scheduled soon.

Thanks Kristin! I hope you're right

Fall 2004: Met playing Warcraft

Aug 21, 2008: I-129 NOA1

Jan 30, 2009: I-129 NOA2

Mar 23, 2009: Package 3 logged at Mtl. consulate

Jul 15, 2009: Interview

Jul 26, 2009: Moving day!!!!!

Aug 24, 2009: Wedding

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.