SK&SP

K-1 people waiting for interviews at Montreal

3,179 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Oh yes, that helps. Any other advice on layout of what worked for you would be greatly appreciated.

Do they keep all the originals? or after you give them originals and copies, do they give them back?

I am realizing that we need a lot of the same documents for AOS too.

When I went (Wow, almost a year ago now!) they weren't handing out that sheet to prepare you, but I had read on VJ what to do. I had one of those plastic accordian folders, with everything labelled.

It's important to have copies of everything, as I gave all of Glen's paystubs and W2's and they kept the originals.... and yes you need alot of those same docs for your AOS package!

I think you get brownie points when you're super organized :D

I do, too!!!

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh I just noticed they kepy July's fiancee's birth cert, they didn't keep mine just took a copy. But, it's different with each officer I suppose!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't mean to hijack the conversation, so please don't let me - but I wanted to let everyone know that Toronto Guy & I were successful in him coming to visit me for a month while we wait for the interview. he came in my car with me & my daughter, without a return ticket. Paperwork saved our @$$!

Heres the details:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=2960418

[font="Arial Black"][b]Our Visa Journey[/b][/font]
[color="#4B0082"]Met June 6, 2008 & Fell in love :)
He Propsed! September 15, 2008
Mailed I-129F: October 17th, 2008
[b]NOA1: October 28, 2008[/b]
[b]NOA2: March 13th, 2009 * Friday the 13th!*[/b]
NVC Received: April 2, 2009
NVC Shipped to Montreal Consulate: April 3, 2009
Montreal Consulate Received: April 6, 2009
Packet 3 Sent: April 9th, 2009
4/21: Contacted DoS RE lost packet 3 - operator told us to go ahead and send in all our documents
Packet 3 Received in Montreal: 4/22
Packet 3 logged in MTL: 4/24
Packet 4: June 3, 2009
[b]Interview Date: July 8, 2009!! APPROVED![/b]
POE & Date: July 15, 2009
Courthouse wedding: July 17, 2009

Ceremonial Wedding: First weekend June 2010 [/color]

I WISH I COULD FIX MY TIMELINE TOO! :)

[b]Getting it all together for the AOS :) [/b]

Timeline
Oh yes, that helps. Any other advice on layout of what worked for you would be greatly appreciated.

Do they keep all the originals? or after you give them originals and copies, do they give them back?

I am realizing that we need a lot of the same documents for AOS too.

When I went (Wow, almost a year ago now!) they weren't handing out that sheet to prepare you, but I had read on VJ what to do. I had one of those plastic accordian folders, with everything labelled.

It's important to have copies of everything, as I gave all of Glen's paystubs and W2's and they kept the originals.... and yes you need alot of those same docs for your AOS package!

I think you get brownie points when you're super organized :D

I do, too!!!

Yeah the lady smiled at me and said, you're so organized! I kept whipping out what she was asking for right away, so it was all good!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline
I don't mean to hijack the conversation, so please don't let me - but I wanted to let everyone know that Toronto Guy & I were successful in him coming to visit me for a month while we wait for the interview. he came in my car with me & my daughter, without a return ticket. Paperwork saved our @$$!

Heres the details:

That's GREAT!!!

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline

Okay, that helps. I was getting concerned they would take and keep the original divorce certificates, birth certificates and the like.

As long as it is originals for forms then that's okay. I don;t want to lose any of those.

Thanks for the advice to have an extra copy JulyBride.. I have an extra backup copy of everything, but are you suggesting I take that one too? Wow, that's a huge set of stuff.

Poprocks??? Original I'd's? What do you mean by that?

I was feeling like I had absolutely everything and now I am starting to wonder again.

tom

Fell in love with her: 1975

Lost track of her till 2004

Proposed in Paris.

And then...

I-129F Sent : 2008-10-31

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-04

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-01-09

NVC Received : 2009-01-15

NVC Left : 2009-03-05

Packet 3 Received : 2009-03-16

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-03-18

Packet 4 Received : 2009-05-07

Interview Date : 2009-06-02 (approved!!!)

Visa Received : 2009-06-??

US Entry : 2009-06-11

Marriage : 2009-06-13

Timeline
Okay, that helps. I was getting concerned they would take and keep the original divorce certificates, birth certificates and the like.

As long as it is originals for forms then that's okay. I don;t want to lose any of those.

Thanks for the advice to have an extra copy JulyBride.. I have an extra backup copy of everything, but are you suggesting I take that one too? Wow, that's a huge set of stuff.

Poprocks??? Original I'd's? What do you mean by that?

I was feeling like I had absolutely everything and now I am starting to wonder again.

tom

Yeah, we had a 3-inch 3-ring binder OVER stuffed with papers. But, I knew we had everything in there... originals AND copies. If you have a simple and plain tote bag (or perhaps your SO does), you can put the binder in there to carry. We did, and weren't hassled at all for the plain bag.

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline

Heres the details:

Waiiit! You and Toronto Guy are a couple? Wow, I hadn't caught on to that. Good to hear you made it!

Everyone's experiences are different, I'm especially noticing that now. My CO didn't ask me to give her forms one by one, she just asked for everything all at once! And she didn't want a single copy of everything. I totally forgot to make a copy of the DS 230 so I'll never know what I wrote on it... but oh well. Also, I was not organized at all! I had an accordion folder by all my attempts at organizing the paperwork really failed. I'm the least organized person EVER, just so you know. She didn't get mad or impatient with me as I fumbled around to give her all the stuff. It may get you extra points, but nobody is going to yell at you for being a clumsy buffoon! If you really want extra points, bring your fiance! :lol: Although I realize that's difficult for some people. I don't think I would have survived without him there with me, he's my calming voice of reason.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

OK the letter my husband got in the P3 said to notarize the I134, but my understanding is that the new form doesn't require it. Is this just an old form letter that hasn't been updated, or is it that Montreal wants it notarized anyway?

Thanks!

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Timeline
OK the letter my husband got in the P3 said to notarize the I134, but my understanding is that the new form doesn't require it. Is this just an old form letter that hasn't been updated, or is it that Montreal wants it notarized anyway?

Thanks!

Our P3 was the exact same as yours - and it came from Montreal. I wanted the most recent updated forms, and I filled out (as the USC) the NEW I-134 and did not have it notarized. All was well!!! :) I'm thinking MTL made a ton of copies, so all they'd have to do is scribble (almost literally) your MTL number and then pop the packet in the mail. Now that there's a new form, they're trying to get rid of all the "old" forms they'd copied.

Basic rule to follow (as simple & confusing as it might sometimes be...) if something says notarize - notarize it. If it doesn't say anything about notarizing the form, then don't. :thumbs:

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline
I got my appointment for early June... I haven't found many others during that time.

See my timeline below.

So I have a question about paperwork for the interview.

I have all of the paperwork ready...

I have an originals binder and a copy binder... with every document in a plastic sleeve, and every section or specific document annotated with tabs like lawyers do. (My fiance administrates a law firm so she knows how to put legal looking docs together)

But I wonder if there is any way to prepare the stuff I have to be ready to hand in when they say "hand me your paperwork"

I have read they want some originals (police report etc) and some copies (passport bio page).

Do they need two of anything?

Does anyone remember the specifics?

BTW - You are all the best!!!!!!!!!

tom

Well, I can tell you we did the 3-ring binder too, but, you may not want an originals binder AND a copy binder. That might make things a bit cumbersome, for you have about 6" (depth) worth of space to set your binder on when they start tossing form numbers at you and other originals/copies.

I went through the checklist we got with the P3 and P4 and used colored paper clips. That way, everything having to do with my supporting financial documentation info (as the USC was green, let's say). Everything having to do with the HIS (the Canadian) bio forms was blue, my info was pink, etc.

I placed the original on top of each copy. I always had the original plus 2 (or maybe even 3). That way, if they needed/took the original plus 1 or 2 copies, I was guaranteed to have at least 1 copy left for whatever reason, but it sounded good. Since most forms require the same info, but not walways, I thought it would be best to keep at least 1 copy of each form for when it came to the AoS. That way, we wouldn't have to look up too much stuff. BTW, some things he wanted only an original, somethings 1 copy plus original, somethings 2 copies plus original.

Another organizational tip... put ALL of the forms together in one spot in the binder, in numerical order (have 156, then 156-K... for example). When he called for the forms & copies, I just flippe the sheet protector and was able to keep up with him quite well. :)

I'll have to get the "Binder O' Fun" out to let you know, section by section, how we had our notebook organized. Hope this info helps!!!

Just as piece of info... think bank teller when you think about the amount of space you'll have to work with. Not much! :)

This is how we chose to organize ourselves. Your style might be different and this might not be the best for you. But, it worked for us and he could tell we were trying to keep up with him. However, if you don't have an organizational style, no worries. They're all quite nice and will step you through what you need. Kinda like Huggles said before, as long as you've got everything, you're good!!!

Okay, in our binder... we have 8 sections/tabs.

1- US Government

* NOA1, NOA2, Letter I received (as the USC) stating the case was going to the Consulate with his MTL number

2- Birth Certificates & Other Vitals

* copies of both of our b/c

3- I-129F Support Docs

* copies of everything we submitted for I-129F (We put this in here, b/c I wanted to have everything together that we've done for this step of the immigration process.)

4- Montreal Consulate

* Copies of his P3, his letters from Consulate, copies of his passport, copy of his b/c, copy of his police check, FORMS & copies of forms

* DS-156, DS-156K, online form print-outs with confirmation page, DS-230 part 1 and 2, my letter (as the USC) of intent, I-134, my banking info (printed straight from online banking screen), letter from bank, paystubs, letter from my employer, my W-2s -- gave them COPIES only, copies of last 3 years of taxes, phone records (for good measure)

5- Medical Exam

* copies of his immunization record, receipts from medical, etc.

6- USCs Financial Information

* original taxes, mortgage info, bank account statements for past 12 months

7- Wedding Details

* copies of receipts for wedding plans

8- Cards & Activities

* Engagement cards, info from church seminar we were required to take, etc.

Please remember, this is NOT a must-do form of organizing. This is what worked for me and my organization style (as a teacher). Something else might work better for you!!! BTW, this is also WAYYYY more than we ever needed to take, and we knew that going in. But, again, for my organization style, I didn't want to pull pieces out and then have to put it all back together again. So, we suffered through carrying around this binder in the tote bag (on/off trains, in/out taxis...lol) until after the interview. Then, we packed it into the suitcase! :thumbs:

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline

Dumb Internet... made a double entry b/c the screen wouldn't change. :bonk:

Edited by July09Bride

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline
Trailmix, I to agree that we are all basket cases prior to interview and easier to comment after the fact. However, I will say that I looked back, and even in the midst of frenzy, was hopefulness and well wishes.

I have yet to see one person congratulate the guy who got a June 22 interview?!

I'm assuming from this thread that it is Jax&CJ?

Congratulations on getting your interview date Jax&CJ - and wishing you ALL a really zippy visa processing time :thumbs:

Thanks. :)

Timeline

Heres the details:

Waiiit! You and Toronto Guy are a couple? Wow, I hadn't caught on to that. Good to hear you made it!

:lol: Yes we are :)

[font="Arial Black"][b]Our Visa Journey[/b][/font]
[color="#4B0082"]Met June 6, 2008 & Fell in love :)
He Propsed! September 15, 2008
Mailed I-129F: October 17th, 2008
[b]NOA1: October 28, 2008[/b]
[b]NOA2: March 13th, 2009 * Friday the 13th!*[/b]
NVC Received: April 2, 2009
NVC Shipped to Montreal Consulate: April 3, 2009
Montreal Consulate Received: April 6, 2009
Packet 3 Sent: April 9th, 2009
4/21: Contacted DoS RE lost packet 3 - operator told us to go ahead and send in all our documents
Packet 3 Received in Montreal: 4/22
Packet 3 logged in MTL: 4/24
Packet 4: June 3, 2009
[b]Interview Date: July 8, 2009!! APPROVED![/b]
POE & Date: July 15, 2009
Courthouse wedding: July 17, 2009

Ceremonial Wedding: First weekend June 2010 [/color]

I WISH I COULD FIX MY TIMELINE TOO! :)

[b]Getting it all together for the AOS :) [/b]

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Thanks!

Our P3 was the exact same as yours - and it came from Montreal. I wanted the most recent updated forms, and I filled out (as the USC) the NEW I-134 and did not have it notarized. All was well!!! :) I'm thinking MTL made a ton of copies, so all they'd have to do is scribble (almost literally) your MTL number and then pop the packet in the mail. Now that there's a new form, they're trying to get rid of all the "old" forms they'd copied.

Basic rule to follow (as simple & confusing as it might sometimes be...) if something says notarize - notarize it. If it doesn't say anything about notarizing the form, then don't. :thumbs:

Thanks! (F)

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.