SK&SP

K-1 people waiting for interviews at Montreal

3,179 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I don't know if this will help but, for those of you who are still waiting for an interview, did you email Montreal yet requesting an interview date in early june or whenever you would like?

I know july, poprocks, saphiredreams and me have emailed montreal (more than once for some of us ;) me included) and we all got an interview around the dates we requested.

Just wondering. I think it only works if you have a valid excuse

K-1
Oct. 2, 2008 - Sent I-129F to CSC
May 12, 2009 - Interview - Approved
July 28, 2009 - Civil Wedding
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS
Aug. 10, 2009 - AOS/EAD/AP Package received in Chicago
Oct. 27, 2009 - Interview - APPROVED !!
Nov. 06, 2009 - Green Card Received

ROC
Aug. 13, 2011 - ROC Package sent to VSC
May 31, 2012 - ROC - APPROVED !!!
June 11, 2012 - Green Card Received

Naturalization
Mar 21, 2013 - N-400 Package sent to Lewisville,TX
Mar 22, 2013 - Package delivered
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA
Mar 27, 2013 - Check cashed
Apr 09, 2013 - Early Biometrics (Appt scheduled for April 18th)

Jul 10, 2013 - Interview - PASSED

Jul 26, 2013 - Oath Ceremony

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I don't know if this will help but, for those of you who are still waiting for an interview, did you email Montreal yet requesting an interview date in early june or whenever you would like?

I know july, poprocks, saphiredreams and me have emailed montreal (more than once for some of us ;) me included) and we all got an interview around the dates we requested.

Just wondering. I think it only works if you have a valid excuse

Well, you could make up an excuse too :lol: Like the pic chadlaure!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Thanks!!

We barely see the Eiffel Tower, I wanted to add a French touch to the Canadian forum

K-1
Oct. 2, 2008 - Sent I-129F to CSC
May 12, 2009 - Interview - Approved
July 28, 2009 - Civil Wedding
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS
Aug. 10, 2009 - AOS/EAD/AP Package received in Chicago
Oct. 27, 2009 - Interview - APPROVED !!
Nov. 06, 2009 - Green Card Received

ROC
Aug. 13, 2011 - ROC Package sent to VSC
May 31, 2012 - ROC - APPROVED !!!
June 11, 2012 - Green Card Received

Naturalization
Mar 21, 2013 - N-400 Package sent to Lewisville,TX
Mar 22, 2013 - Package delivered
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA
Mar 27, 2013 - Check cashed
Apr 09, 2013 - Early Biometrics (Appt scheduled for April 18th)

Jul 10, 2013 - Interview - PASSED

Jul 26, 2013 - Oath Ceremony

My husband received the P3 from Montreal and he said it stated that the time to get an interview could take 4 to 6 months. Is this true? Has it really taken anyone 6 months to get scheduled for an interview?

I think they also do this to reduce calls to DOS and cover their butts for the 'longest' potential turn around.

Wow, I missed so much over the weekend apparently, do not have time to read all the posts now but will when I get home. I am coming home today from Montreal, last visit to see my man until the interview (hopefully that will be in June since we are used to seeing each other at least once a month LOL) If not, then I guess July it will be.

I am suppossed to call DOS today but it is a holiday so they are closed. Just FYI to those who may not know that.

MY fiance was telling me this weekend how he is ready to move now and feeling excited about it. He is done with the waiting. This is the first time I think I have heard him express this. Before he was much more laid back. I think its because we are on the last step and he just wants to move. He has started plans for our house and wants to get on painting :)

Such a guy thing! My fiance was like that too...always calm and laid back....this past week he's been like the Energizer Bunny...like someone just wound him up and set him down.......lol! It's cute actually to finally see them like this :)

ps... I move in 4 days!!!!!! :o

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Trailmix, I to agree that we are all basket cases prior to interview and easier to comment after the fact. However, I will say that I looked back, and even in the midst of frenzy, was hopefulness and well wishes.

I have yet to see one person congratulate the guy who got a June 22 interview?!

I'm assuming from this thread that it is Jax&CJ?

Congratulations on getting your interview date Jax&CJ - and wishing you ALL a really zippy visa processing time :thumbs:

How embarassing.... :blush: thank you Poprocks for pointing it out...

Congrats Jax&CJ for the interview! :thumbs: Hope all goes well...happy continuation!

129F

14 Oct 2008 --- I-129F sent to VSC

17 Oct 2008 ---- NOA1 (rec'd Oct.23rd)

17 Mar 2009 ---- NOA2 151days (rec'd Mar.21st)

31 Jul 2009 ---- Interview - APPROVED!! (visa rec'd Aug.5th)

16 Aug 2009 ---- BIG MOVE!!!! So many conflicting emotions!

21 Aug 2009 --- marriage - civil ceremony

AOS, EAD, AP

13 Oct 2009 --- sent to Chicago Lockbox

18 Nov 2009 -- Bio app. for AOS and EAD (Rec'd Nov. 2nd)

18 Dec 2009 --- AP and EAD APPROVED!!!! (AP rec'd Dec. 29th; EAD rec'd Dec. 31st)

15 Jan 2010 --- AOS transfered to CSC!!

19 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

22 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

25 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

17 June 2010 ---AOS touched

18 June 2010 ---AOS touched

10 July 2010 --- AOS touched

12 July 2010 --- Letter to welcome new permanent resident and card ordered

Thanks!!

We barely see the Eiffel Tower, I wanted to add a French touch to the Canadian forum

hey nice pic!

N-400 Citizenship

Well according to VJ timelines,

There are 3 couples that have already been issued JUNE interview dates, for the latter part of June. I guess it's possible that they already issued June dates? The fact that there is no real trend really makes it hard to follow.

I guess more people already got their packet 4, they just don't post much.

I think the summer is further complicated with all the US and Canadian holidays...

Actually Happy Memorial Day everyone! :)

N-400 Citizenship

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I got my appointment for early June... I haven't found many others during that time.

See my timeline below.

So I have a question about paperwork for the interview.

I have all of the paperwork ready...

I have an originals binder and a copy binder... with every document in a plastic sleeve, and every section or specific document annotated with tabs like lawyers do. (My fiance administrates a law firm so she knows how to put legal looking docs together)

But I wonder if there is any way to prepare the stuff I have to be ready to hand in when they say "hand me your paperwork"

I have read they want some originals (police report etc) and some copies (passport bio page).

Do they need two of anything?

Does anyone remember the specifics?

BTW - You are all the best!!!!!!!!!

tom

Fell in love with her: 1975

Lost track of her till 2004

Proposed in Paris.

And then...

I-129F Sent : 2008-10-31

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-04

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-01-09

NVC Received : 2009-01-15

NVC Left : 2009-03-05

Packet 3 Received : 2009-03-16

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-03-18

Packet 4 Received : 2009-05-07

Interview Date : 2009-06-02 (approved!!!)

Visa Received : 2009-06-??

US Entry : 2009-06-11

Marriage : 2009-06-13

Timeline

It seems that every person who asks for the documents is different! I had a lady that asked me to hand her everything. Some others ask you for specific things one by one. In my case, she didn't want a copy of anything except the birth certificate and the bio page of my passport, only the originals. However, I was talking to JulyBride before my interview and she told me that the person she had asked her for a copy of every form plus the original. So I would make sure I had a copy of everything just to be safe! But you very well may not need it. I fumbled around a little and forgot to give her some things and she just requested it later.

Also, they will give you a sheet with a list of documents to compile after you go through security. It is missing tons of stuff and the order doesn't matter at all. Just keep that in mind! I freaked out a little because I didn't have enough time to go through it and organize my documents but it didn't matter in the end.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I got my appointment for early June... I haven't found many others during that time.

See my timeline below.

So I have a question about paperwork for the interview.

I have all of the paperwork ready...

I have an originals binder and a copy binder... with every document in a plastic sleeve, and every section or specific document annotated with tabs like lawyers do. (My fiance administrates a law firm so she knows how to put legal looking docs together)

But I wonder if there is any way to prepare the stuff I have to be ready to hand in when they say "hand me your paperwork"

I have read they want some originals (police report etc) and some copies (passport bio page).

Do they need two of anything?

Does anyone remember the specifics?

BTW - You are all the best!!!!!!!!!

tom

Well, I can tell you we did the 3-ring binder too, but, you may not want an originals binder AND a copy binder. That might make things a bit cumbersome, for you have about 6" (depth) worth of space to set your binder on when they start tossing form numbers at you and other originals/copies.

I went through the checklist we got with the P3 and P4 and used colored paper clips. That way, everything having to do with my supporting financial documentation info (as the USC was green, let's say). Everything having to do with the HIS (the Canadian) bio forms was blue, my info was pink, etc.

I placed the original on top of each copy. I always had the original plus 2 (or maybe even 3). That way, if they needed/took the original plus 1 or 2 copies, I was guaranteed to have at least 1 copy left for whatever reason, but it sounded good. Since most forms require the same info, but not walways, I thought it would be best to keep at least 1 copy of each form for when it came to the AoS. That way, we wouldn't have to look up too much stuff. BTW, some things he wanted only an original, somethings 1 copy plus original, somethings 2 copies plus original.

Another organizational tip... put ALL of the forms together in one spot in the binder, in numerical order (have 156, then 156-K... for example). When he called for the forms & copies, I just flippe the sheet protector and was able to keep up with him quite well. :)

I'll have to get the "Binder O' Fun" out to let you know, section by section, how we had our notebook organized. Hope this info helps!!!

Edited by July09Bride

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Tom, CONGRATS on getting a date!!!

They are very organized at the Embassy, and patient. When you get to the 1st booth for documents, they will start asking for what they need, one after another. They let you place your binder down and ruffle through it to give them everything in sequence. Just follow their lead.

They do give you a form when you enter, while you wait for elevator, for a few things to 'pre pull'

You'll be fine. As long as your organized and know where in your binder everything is, you're good to go. By the time I got into my interview, she told me to put it away, and I never had to show any proof or anything more than all the forms the first guy had already taken.

Good luck!!!

N-400 Citizenship

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh yes, that helps. Any other advice on layout of what worked for you would be greatly appreciated.

Do they keep all the originals? or after you give them originals and copies, do they give them back?

I am realizing that we need a lot of the same documents for AOS too.

Fell in love with her: 1975

Lost track of her till 2004

Proposed in Paris.

And then...

I-129F Sent : 2008-10-31

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-04

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-01-09

NVC Received : 2009-01-15

NVC Left : 2009-03-05

Packet 3 Received : 2009-03-16

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-03-18

Packet 4 Received : 2009-05-07

Interview Date : 2009-06-02 (approved!!!)

Visa Received : 2009-06-??

US Entry : 2009-06-11

Marriage : 2009-06-13

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Oh yes, that helps. Any other advice on layout of what worked for you would be greatly appreciated.

Do they keep all the originals? or after you give them originals and copies, do they give them back?

No, they take originals and copies on almost everything. Since everyone has had different experiences (and I'm a safety girl), I'd go with original and 3 copies. They never asked for more than 2 copies, so you're guaranteed to have at least 1 copy left. They'll even take (and keep temporarily) your original long form of your birth certificate. They return the original to you with your passport/Visa.

Since we need so much of the same info AoS, that's why I wanted to make sure we always ahd at least 1 copy left! :)

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Keep copies of all tax docs for AOS.

They keep original forms you completed, but return original BC's, divorce decrees etc... Only thing they keep is your passport. They mail it back with visa...and in your passport will be a glorious visa sticker!!!!

Make sure to get back your original I'd's before you leave. My CO almost forgot! Lol'!

Edited by poprocks

N-400 Citizenship

Timeline

When I went (Wow, almost a year ago now!) they weren't handing out that sheet to prepare you, but I had read on VJ what to do. I had one of those plastic accordian folders, with everything labelled.

It's important to have copies of everything, as I gave all of Glen's paystubs and W2's and they kept the originals.... and yes you need alot of those same docs for your AOS package!

I think you get brownie points when you're super organized :D

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.