SK&SP

K-1 people waiting for interviews at Montreal

3,179 posts in this topic

That's great news that so many have January interviews! Good luck to all of you!

Myself, I am getting soooooo incredibly frustrated! I received my packet 3 Dec. 22... unfortunately, it had the packet 4 attachment instead of the checklist. I emailed them about this immediately, and didn't get a response until Dec. 30. It said they were sending a new packet. Well, it's now a week and a half later and still no new packet. I replied to their email a couple of days ago to advise that I had yet to receive anything.

In the mean time, I used a scanned copy of the checklist that people here found for me, printed it, checked over the pre-existing check marks in a different color, filled in my info, and wrote a letter explaining why I was using a copy of the checklist that looked like ###. I faxed that to them on December 29th, and mailed the hard copy.

I completed DS-160 also.

I am basically trying to do everything I can do with incomplete information, but getting incredibly frustrated that I can't seem to do enough because of their error and subsequent inattention.

I think maybe this all seems worse than it normally would because of the fact that my fiance is moving into OUR new place next weekend! I am lucky enough to be able to go there and help with the move, but it's going to be hard to leave! And add to that things like today he is out buying a tv for the place. This is something that we should be doing together, but it really doesn't make sense to wait.

[/vent] :P

Again..another proof that Montreal consulate is really disorganized..and the frustrating thing is that it seems ok if they messed up and if we do, they're gonna give us a hard time ..and we're the ones getting so stressed out trying to figure out what to do without a clue..just like what you are doing right now...we're just so lucky we found this VJ family...

Just like back in Nov/Dec..a lot of us were expecting an interview and no one got it and now it's like they want it all to be done at once...

All I can tell you is just be patient and keep bugging them through email or fax..and you'll get the attention you need...good luck to you..

Edited by angie007

May 2000 - first time we met

June 2000 - started dating

Feb.16, 2008 - filed for K1

Feb. 25, 2008 -NOA1

July 26, 2008 -NOA2

July 31, 2008 - Package received ny NVC

Aug. 5, 2008 -Recieved by Montreal Consulate

Sept.12, 2008 -Packet 3 received

Sept.17, 2008 -Packet 3 sent

Dec. 12, 2008 -Packet 4 received

Feb 11, 2009 -interview

Feb 20, 2009 - K1 visa received

Feb 25, 2009 - US entry

March 18,2009- Wedding

AOS

April 9, 2009 - filed for application

April 15, 2009 - NOA received for I-1485,EAD, & AP

May 5, 2009 - Biometrics

May 26, 2009 - AP received

May 26, 2009 - card production ordered for EAD

June 5, 2009 - EAD received

July 7, 2009 - Interview appointment received

Aug 20, 2009 - Interview---approved

Sept 2, 2009 - Card recieved

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

While I see how frustrating this process if, I'm not convinced that they are completely disorganized. Understaffed leading to errors, yes absolutely. When I put things in perspective, I can only imagine how many files they receive - not just for K1s, K3s, CR1s, but all around... in my opinion, considering its probably the hardest country in the world to immigrate to - I think getting a fiancee visa in less than a year is amazing. but I know that is only my opinion.

I'm actually worried that my interview is going to be scheduled in March, I have a few major work events happening... so I'm praying for April...

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline
Today is the 12th, day of my interview. All dressed up and ready to go, i'll be leaving in about an hour and a half. Anyone else here going to montreal today?

Good luck!! You're probably in there as I'm typing this!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes. Yes i was. Veni, Vidi, Vici.

Welcome me home in about a week or two's time :)

:dance: :dance:

Congrats Unstrung! I'm so glad to hear it went well!

~She's my Lion~
~He's my Puppy~

[size=5]Our Timeline[/size]

05/05/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC
05/14/08 - NOA1
09/01/08 - NOA2
09/11/08 - Petition received by US Consulate in Montreal
09/20/08 - Received Packet 3
10/02/08 - Packet 3 delivered to MTL
10/16/08 - Medical in Halifax
01/15/09 - Interview in Montreal
01/20/09 - Visa in Hand
02/03/09 - Fly to US - POE Halifax NS
03/06/09 - Wedding in Yanceyville, NC

AOS
4/24/09 - Sent AOS package (after too many delays!)
4/27/09 - Signed for in Chicago
5/05/09 - Check cashed and all three NOA1's in the mail
5/14/09 - Received Biometrics appointment letter - Appointment is June 2nd.
6/2/09 - Biometrics at Raleigh field office - they were some of the nicest people :)
6/18/09 - EAD approved and card production ordered
6/20/09- received AP papers in the mail
6/22/09 EAD card arrived in the mail (that was fast eh?)
7/09/09 - received notice of GC appointment date
8/07/09 - Green Card interview at Raleigh Field office at 8:45am - Given RFE for I-693 Vaccination suppliment
9/08/09 - returned RFE to field office. Approved for Green Card
9/09/09 - Received email that Card production had been ordered.
9/17/09 - Green Card in the mail - No more USCIS until June, 2011 :D

Timeline

Yes. Yes i was. Veni, Vidi, Vici.

Welcome me home in about a week or two's time :)

:dance: :dance:

Congrats Unstrung! I'm so glad to hear it went well!

Thank you, and good luck to you both in 3 days time :)

°»UnstrungLeSin«°

Congratulations Unstrung...!!!! good luck to your next journey!!!

:)

May 2000 - first time we met

June 2000 - started dating

Feb.16, 2008 - filed for K1

Feb. 25, 2008 -NOA1

July 26, 2008 -NOA2

July 31, 2008 - Package received ny NVC

Aug. 5, 2008 -Recieved by Montreal Consulate

Sept.12, 2008 -Packet 3 received

Sept.17, 2008 -Packet 3 sent

Dec. 12, 2008 -Packet 4 received

Feb 11, 2009 -interview

Feb 20, 2009 - K1 visa received

Feb 25, 2009 - US entry

March 18,2009- Wedding

AOS

April 9, 2009 - filed for application

April 15, 2009 - NOA received for I-1485,EAD, & AP

May 5, 2009 - Biometrics

May 26, 2009 - AP received

May 26, 2009 - card production ordered for EAD

June 5, 2009 - EAD received

July 7, 2009 - Interview appointment received

Aug 20, 2009 - Interview---approved

Sept 2, 2009 - Card recieved

Timeline

Hello to all,

I just received my NOA2 on January 9 and preparing a bit in advance. I have started with my vaccination process, I was not up to date with that. I have some questions and would like some answers from the K1 applicants who has recently received their packet 3 from Montreal.

Canadian Police Certificate: I have called the RCMP Detachment in Ottawa, it is the nearest from Gatineau. The lady told me to contact my local police office in Gatineau. What I have heard is we need the Canadian one from the RCMP so I am confused about this. Guys, is the Montreal Consulate has provided you with any information regarding what they want, fingerprint or not. Do they want it from the RCMP or local police office is good. Is there a validity period, if I go now is it good if my interview is just in 6 months? How long does it takes to get it from who ever RCMP or Police office. Is it the one with or without fingerprint?

Does anyone has seen a copy of the checklist send by Montreal on this site. If so let me know the link to it.

Thank you to provide me with answers on this one.

ChristinePR

Hello to all,

I just received my NOA2 on January 9 and preparing a bit in advance. I have started with my vaccination process, I was not up to date with that. I have some questions and would like some answers from the K1 applicants who has recently received their packet 3 from Montreal.

Canadian Police Certificate: I have called the RCMP Detachment in Ottawa, it is the nearest from Gatineau. The lady told me to contact my local police office in Gatineau. What I have heard is we need the Canadian one from the RCMP so I am confused about this. Guys, is the Montreal Consulate has provided you with any information regarding what they want, fingerprint or not. Do they want it from the RCMP or local police office is good. Is there a validity period, if I go now is it good if my interview is just in 6 months? How long does it takes to get it from who ever RCMP or Police office. Is it the one with or without fingerprint?

Does anyone has seen a copy of the checklist send by Montreal on this site. If so let me know the link to it.

you just need the one from your local office, its not finger prints its just a piece of paper saying if you have any criminal background, and it only takes about a week or 2, im not sure how long its good for, but since it only takes a couple weeks to get it you can wait a few months to get it at least then you wo nt have to worry about that

Timeline

i just applied for my police clearance last monday. i went to rcmp in toronto and just ask for a police clearance for us immigration. and the officer took my picture and got my info and he said it will be ready in 5 working days. i will call tomorrow to check if they already have it and then il pick it up on monday.

and btw, i paid 39 dollars!

Timeline

Hey everyone, Chris and I are back from the Montreal interview. :dance:

Our appointment was on Tuesday, and after spending a few days in Montreal to enjoy the food (and brave the cold) it all went well and we made it home in one piece.

The interview was super easy and basic. We arrived at the consulate around 8am, got in from the cold right away, went through security, up the elevator and waited for our number to be called. When it was, we handed over originals and copies of requested documents, paid the fee, and then sat down for about half an hour before we were called to window 8 for our interview.

We had a really pleasant officer ask us questions, check our documents, verify this and that, and it was really so super fast and easy, there was nothing tricky about it. I think we were in there for oh.. maybe five minutes. Then he explained the visa would be processed that day, sent off in the Xpresspost, and sure enough.... my visa arrived today! Yup. Interview Tuesday, Visa by Thursday. Not bad. I am truly impressed.

All in all, we were there for about two hours or so, and it was the most pleasant and painless process to date. The Montreal folks were a pleasure to deal with and it was a good overall experience.

Our hotel was perfect (Travelodge on Rene Levesque) and within three walking blocks. We couldn't have had a better overall experience. Plus, the food was great as per usual. :star:

So, now, with Visa in hand... I'll be packing it in and crossing the border in a few weeks. Not bad. Phew. It's nice to have this part of the process over. On to the next stages of the game!

Best of luck to all waiting and gearing up for interviews, etc. And relax. Once you get to that point, it's a breeze!

Lori

Timeline
Hello to all,

you just need the one from your local office, its not finger prints its just a piece of paper saying if you have any criminal background, and it only takes about a week or 2, im not sure how long its good for, but since it only takes a couple weeks to get it you can wait a few months to get it at least then you wo nt have to worry about that

thank you to both of you for your answers. I do not know why here the RCMP woman says they do just fingerprints one. Anyway I will go to my town police station and will get the police certificate. I do not know at this time if the I-129F has left for the NVC. Can we call in for a medical in advance even if we do not received the packet 3 yet?

ChristinePR

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Christine,

What you need is a Canada Wide Name Check. Please be sure to specify that you need that - I have seen people go in and ask for one for immigration and they have not received the correct one - the RCMP/your local police do not necessarily know what U.S. immigration requires.

You can get this from the RCMP, but you should also be able to get it from your local police station.

People who do have a criminal record must get the fingerprint version.

Please check out the VJ Canada Wiki page, for more info on that and also a copy of the checklist:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Canada

Edited by trailmix

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.