SK&SP

K-1 people waiting for interviews at Montreal

3,179 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

In my email I was saying that my lease ends in June so I need to move out in June. I also stop working on June 30th.

My fiance, being a student again since Jan 09, will be off from the end of April to September. So he will be here in May (and June but I don't want them to know) so he will come with me. June we pack and voila :)

So on the new email I could maybe say that he is only going to be here in May and we'd appreciate a May date to move in June... (which they know already but maybe I won't get the same operator)

K-1
Oct. 2, 2008 - Sent I-129F to CSC
May 12, 2009 - Interview - Approved
July 28, 2009 - Civil Wedding
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS
Aug. 10, 2009 - AOS/EAD/AP Package received in Chicago
Oct. 27, 2009 - Interview - APPROVED !!
Nov. 06, 2009 - Green Card Received

ROC
Aug. 13, 2011 - ROC Package sent to VSC
May 31, 2012 - ROC - APPROVED !!!
June 11, 2012 - Green Card Received

Naturalization
Mar 21, 2013 - N-400 Package sent to Lewisville,TX
Mar 22, 2013 - Package delivered
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA
Mar 27, 2013 - Check cashed
Apr 09, 2013 - Early Biometrics (Appt scheduled for April 18th)

Jul 10, 2013 - Interview - PASSED

Jul 26, 2013 - Oath Ceremony

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
In my email I was saying that my lease ends in June so I need to move out in June. I also stop working on June 30th.

My fiance, being a student again since Jan 09, will be off from the end of April to September. So he will be here in May (and June but I don't want them to know) so he will come with me. June we pack and voila :)

So on the new email I could maybe say that he is only going to be here in May and we'd appreciate a May date to move in June... (which they know already but maybe I won't get the same operator)

That might work... I was told to keep the emails short and sweet. If you can restate what you mentioned in a previous email and get your new point across in, say, no more than 4 or 5 sentences, I'd say go for it! I think they ignore novels. I've always had good response time with short & sweet emails! Good luck! :)

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline

Sweet thanks!

I might do that on Tuesday then, I think they might be off too on Monday

K-1
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS

ROC

Naturalization
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA

Timeline
Sweet thanks!

I might do that on Tuesday then, I think they might be off too on Monday

Hmmm... Easter Monday is NOT a holiday celebrated here in the US, but since the consulate is in Canada and it IS a big day there, who knows. If I remember right, since the consulate is in Canada, they get BOTH US & Canadian holidays. Soooo not fair!!! lol :P

Here is your answer about open/closed holidays!

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline

I'm not complaining I have Friday and Monday off too :) Thank you Canada!

K-1
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS

ROC

Naturalization
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA

Timeline
I'm not complaining I have Friday and Monday off too :) Thank you Canada!

I had Friday off b/cof Spring Break.. but hafta work on Monday. :( Oh, well! Summer will be here soon enough!!! :)

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline

2 more weeks to go and he is coming and stay here... Well he is already here every weekend too because I thought I couldn't go to the US :blink:

Then after the interview I can quit and be on vacation too ... in warm Michigan ;)

K-1
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS

ROC

Naturalization
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA

Timeline

A bag that fits basically our binder of information would be permitted, yes?? Not much else will be brought in... other than a book or magazine or puzzle book with a pen.

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
A bag that fits basically our binder of information would be permitted, yes?? Not much else will be brought in... other than a book or magazine or puzzle book with a pen.

I brought in one of those reusable grocery bags to hold my xray, the accordian folder, expresspost envelope, and I also had a little purse with no problem. If they didn't approve of my bag I would have throw it out.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

I brought in one of those reusable grocery bags to hold my xray, the accordian folder, expresspost envelope, and I also had a little purse with no problem. If they didn't approve of my bag I would have throw it out.

Good call! I think I have something like one of those around here... great idea! Thanks! :)

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

So I ran out today and got my US $262 for the Visa (me+my son). So that was the last thing I needed. We are still waiting for the IRS transcripts....which my fiancé has promised that he will call Mon and try to get them faxed. He had ordered them by mail, but no show so far :( this is the last thing that is keeping me nervous!

I am happy that my fiancé is coming, but have sworn him to best behaviour! Lol'! He is such a practical joker and always tries to play around with people...so I made him promise to not answer the question 'do you still intend to marry her?' with 'I guess there's no turning back at this point! Why do you guys still issue refunds after today?' I'd kill him! I mean we always have good laughs, but the Embassy is not the place! Lol'! :)

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Timeline
So I ran out today and got my US $262 for the Visa (me+my son). So that was the last thing I needed. We are still waiting for the IRS transcripts....which my fiancé has promised that he will call Mon and try to get them faxed. He had ordered them by mail, but no show so far :( this is the last thing that is keeping me nervous!

I am happy that my fiancé is coming, but have sworn him to best behaviour! Lol'! He is such a practical joker and always tries to play around with people...so I made him promise to not answer the question 'do you still intend to marry her?' with 'I guess there's no turning back at this point! Why do you guys still issue refunds after today?' I'd kill him! I mean we always have good laughs, but the Embassy is not the place! Lol'! :)

Good grief... I so know what you mean! D does the SAME THING!!!! Especially when we're about to arrive at an airport... get on the airplane... crossing the border... someplace where you KNOW you're NOT supposed to say or joke about certain things. Oyyy... is that a man thing?

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good grief... I so know what you mean! D does the SAME THING!!!! Especially when we're about to arrive at an airport... get on the airplane... crossing the border... someplace where you KNOW you're NOT supposed to say or joke about certain things. Oyyy... is that a man thing?

Lol you can joke around a litttle, last time I went to see charles, the guy at the peace bridge asked me if I had anything to declare. I replied a bag of gummy bears and I pulled them out of my purse to show him. He was laughing which is really unusual for those guys.

Timeline

Lol you can joke around a litttle, last time I went to see charles, the guy at the peace bridge asked me if I had anything to declare. I replied a bag of gummy bears and I pulled them out of my purse to show him. He was laughing which is really unusual for those guys.

:lol:

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

:lol:

:lol: :lol: I declared a cup of Tim's at the Peace Bridge & got a chuckle. They are human after all :)

[font="Arial Black"][b]Our Visa Journey[/b][/font]
[color="#4B0082"]Met June 6, 2008 & Fell in love :)
He Propsed! September 15, 2008
Mailed I-129F: October 17th, 2008
[b]NOA1: October 28, 2008[/b]
[b]NOA2: March 13th, 2009 * Friday the 13th!*[/b]
NVC Received: April 2, 2009
NVC Shipped to Montreal Consulate: April 3, 2009
Montreal Consulate Received: April 6, 2009
Packet 3 Sent: April 9th, 2009
4/21: Contacted DoS RE lost packet 3 - operator told us to go ahead and send in all our documents
Packet 3 Received in Montreal: 4/22
Packet 3 logged in MTL: 4/24
Packet 4: June 3, 2009
[b]Interview Date: July 8, 2009!! APPROVED![/b]
POE & Date: July 15, 2009
Courthouse wedding: July 17, 2009

Ceremonial Wedding: First weekend June 2010 [/color]

I WISH I COULD FIX MY TIMELINE TOO! :)

[b]Getting it all together for the AOS :) [/b]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.