SK&SP

K-1 people waiting for interviews at Montreal

3,179 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

There is no way to tell how they schedule. i mean c'mon..380 days from sending 129f in the mail to my interview date tongue.gif I sooo shoulda been first in march!! whistling.gif

hehe... well you would hope they would assign interviews in the order they receive & log the Pckt 3...

Did it seem that way last time?

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

nope even back in nov it was messed up. it's like they throw the names in a hat and just picke em that way.

huh.gif oh... ok, that's weird.

But at least they dont skip people altogether in a batch, right?

e.g. they wouldnt skip someone who got logged in February but give an interview to someone who got logged in March?

AoS Process

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

well put it this way..danu sent her p3 back in july and got nov 23, sam sent hers back in october and got a nov 20 interview date.

like i said..no ryme or reason. some people wait less others more shrug.

HWDWm6.png

well put it this way..danu sent her p3 back in july and got nov 23, sam sent hers back in october and got a nov 20 interview date.

like i said..no ryme or reason. some people wait less others more shrug.

Ugh, that almost makes me ill to think about, and I have to wait until Monday to know if they were assigning a wave or if it was just a one-off....ohboy

*cross fingers*

Yeah, when they scheduled that whole batch back in November... it was really retarded (not that I'm really complaining). Danu was one of the first to receive her date, and it was at the end of November... then a lot of folks who sent in their packet long after that received their dates for earlier in the month.

It really made no sense.

I was lucky to have a month to prepare - not that I needed to gather things, but mentally, I needed that time. And it allowed me to give proper notice, etc, at work. But some people were only given a couple of weeks' notice.

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

I was talking to my friend yesterday.. And he had to get a police check by his fingerprints for his Australian Visa.. I don't think we need to do that right? If i've never been arrested or never commited any crime? He just got me confused, can somebody tell me i don't have to do that police check by fingerprints that takes 120days in average? :blink: I did the one that they search by name and date-of-birth yesterday...

01/12/2011: GreenCard approved!!!!

Green card expiration date: 01/05/2013
Sent ROC package to VSC: 11/16/2012
NOA1: 11/20/2012

Approval: 04/29/2013!!!!

event.png

Timeline

I was talking to my friend yesterday.. And he had to get a police check by his fingerprints for his Australian Visa.. I don't think we need to do that right? If i've never been arrested or never commited any crime? He just got me confused, can somebody tell me i don't have to do that police check by fingerprints that takes 120days in average? blink.gif I did the one that they search by name and date-of-birth yesterday...

For your canadian police cert, if you are physically present in Canada and have never been charged with anything, you only need a name check.

It took mine 7 days to get in the mail; some people can just walk into the police station and have it done on the spot.

If you have lived in a different country for more than 6 months since the age of 16, you need a police certificate from that country as well.

Then you need to check the requirements specific to that country.

I had to get one from Australia, and have it done with fingerprints. That took less than a month to get back though.

AoS Process

event.png

Timeline

As Kizza said, if you have never been outside canada, do not have a record, you can just go in to your local police stations and ask for a cpic / canada name wide check. i did mine in Windsor and it cost me 40$ and was ready the next day.

HWDWm6.png

Ok, so i went to the RCMP in my city.. It cost 25$ and it took me 5 minutes to get it. So i guess it's ok?

event.png

Okkk so i was going through what i need for the interview.. There's some points i want to clarify.

- Copy of original 129f and all originals submitted... Means what exactly? I didn't do any copies of what i sent for my 129f (oops)

- Original of P3 and P4 and copies.. Means i have to make copies of the instructions document i received (P3)?

- Intend to marry letter, only from my fiancé USC?

- I should bring a copy of my USC fiancé passport, driver's license, birth certificate(and if he lost his BC?)

- And of course my police check, it's written they searched the national repository for criminal records in Canada, it's the same thing as CIPC?

I hope i can get an interview date this week even if i sent my P3 back on friday. If i can get a late May/begining of June interview that would be the best! Me and my fiancé we planned a great way for me to move to USA, there's a BIGGG foosball tournament in St-Louis on July 4th weekend, and we could go play in it since it's on the way of the drive to Dallas.. Let's hope for it!!! ;)

event.png

Timeline

Okkk so i was going through what i need for the interview.. There's some points i want to clarify.

- Copy of original 129f and all originals submitted... Means what exactly? I didn't do any copies of what i sent for my 129f (oops)

This is a just in case.

- Original of P3 and P4 and copies.. Means i have to make copies of the instructions document i received (P3)?

they actually take the p4 from you and you will not have a copy left for your records.

- Intend to marry letter, only from my fiancé USC?

From both of you

- I should bring a copy of my USC fiancé passport, driver's license, birth certificate(and if he lost his BC?)

bascially for the evidence of domicile on checklist. to prove he is a us citizen.

- And of course my police check, it's written they searched the national repository for criminal records in Canada, it's the same thing as CIPC?

should be

I hope i can get an interview date this week even if i sent my P3 back on friday. If i can get a late May/begining of June interview that would be the best! Me and my fiancé we planned a great way for me to move to USA, there's a BIGGG foosball tournament in St-Louis on July 4th weekend, and we could go play in it since it's on the way of the drive to Dallas.. Let's hope for it!!! ;)

usually takes a few weeks for them to log in the packet/ check to make sure all the papers are ok and nothing is missing. fastest i've see an interview is 2 weeks from p3.

Edited by Kimbear

HWDWm6.png

Ok thanks for all this!

I'm glad there's people like me here who are sensitive to what we're going through hehe.

Yeah i'll try to be patient for the interview date... But i'll still hope a little bit! :blink: hehe!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok thanks for all this!

I'm glad there's people like me here who are sensitive to what we're going through hehe.

Yeah i'll try to be patient for the interview date... But i'll still hope a little bit! :blink: hehe!

Well, we all are sensitive to what you are going through because we have gone through the same! Feel free to ask any question, no matter how trivial it might sound. The guys out here are very helpful!

KnR

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.