K-1 people waiting for interviews at Montreal

3,179 posts in this topic

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
My fiance' got home this evening and in his mailbox was his PACKET 3! Yeah! He will be mailing out the documents we worked on this weekend tomorrow via expresspost. How long should I wait before calling to see if these documents have been logged in Montreal's system?

i waited about 2 weeks before i started calling, took likea month for them to actually "log" that they had it so dos could see that in the computer

HWDWm6.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
My fiance' got home this evening and in his mailbox was his PACKET 3! Yeah! He will be mailing out the documents we worked on this weekend tomorrow via expresspost. How long should I wait before calling to see if these documents have been logged in Montreal's system?

I called a week later, but it wasn't "in" yet. It was the following week.

So wait 2 weeks.

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

Two weeks seems to be standard. I called after the first week and they said they hadn't logged it yet. I called the week after, and they said they had logged it the week before. :wacko:

Of course, that phone call also resulted in them having an interview date for me... so you never know. :)

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

Timeline

Well according to the Canada Post tracking system, my fiance's packet 3 was delivered at 7:14 a.m. this morning. Granted at 7:09 a.m. the package was "out for delivery" and it wasn't until about 1:26 p.m. this afternoon where we got the email saying it had been "delivered". Canada Post's tracking system leaves much to be desired. I am so used to UPS, DHL, and FedEx that tell you each time it gets off and on a truck (departure scan, arrival scan, out for delivery, delivered). I haven't used the U.S. Postal Service tracking system though so it may be just as useless as the Canada Post tracking system for interim movement scans. But at least I know it got delivered!

Now to wait some more for an interview date... Come on Montreal, make my dreams come true! A May or early June Interview would suit me and my fiance' just fine!

Yes it was just over two weeks for me too, and I mailed it plain ol' Canada Post in a plain ol' envelope (it was pretty stuffed haha). At first I was worried that they just threw it out for looking unprofessional. :blush: I did look for a better envelope but they were either the same size or ridiculously huge, not much variety in the post office here.

AoS Timeline

08/26/10 Visa received

08/27/10 PoE Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls

09/10/10 Married!

10/14/10 AoS, AP and EAD apps mailed

10/26/10 Received NoAs for all 3

11/16/10 Biometrics appt

11/24/10 RFE on AoS, missing tax forms

11/29/10 Received RFE in mail, sent back forms

01/05/11 Received interview letter in mail

02/03/11 AoS Interview -- APPROVED!!

02/12/11 Green card in mail!

Removal of conditions will be Nov 2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I haven't used the U.S. Postal Service tracking system though so it may be just as useless as the Canada Post tracking system for interim movement scans.

Some of the more expensive tracking options provide more detail, but usually there isn't that much tracking info for the individual steps from USPS, in large part because many small post offices don't have the equipment to handle real-time tracking, so, yeah they're pretty useless too. UPS, FedEx, DHL and others have much more fine detail in interim stops.

Pauley on Twitter

Pauley on Facebook

Wedding photos on Flickr

*** If you add me on Twitter or Facebook from here, let me know who you are so I don't ignore/block you out-of-hand 'cause I don't recognize you! :)

Timeline

Seems like a few more of the IR1/CR1 folks received interview dates today. Any of the K-1 people without dates receiving good news yet?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

They signed for my packet 3 on January 20th, it wasnt logged in until the 3rd of February. Hoping to hear some good news soon. I called Monday and they just told me i was eligible for an interview but there wasnt one scheduled. When i started this process in September I had thought perhaps late Feb - late March for it to be done with. now I'm thinking late April to early June.

Timeline

Well that gives me some reference. My fiance's packet 3 made it to Montreal on Feb. 19. I am planning to call next week Friday (March 5) to see if it is logged in or not. I am hoping my fiance' gets an early to mid June interview. I am a teacher and would love to enjoy my summer vacation on an extended "honeymoon" since he can't work until he gets his EAD.

I just got my NOA2!!!! :dance:

Now, am i supposed to call NVC to know the new case number soon? And what is that number for? Or should i wait for it to arrive to Montreal Embassy before doing anything?

01/12/2011: GreenCard approved!!!!

Green card expiration date: 01/05/2013
Sent ROC package to VSC: 11/16/2012
NOA1: 11/20/2012

Approval: 04/29/2013!!!!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey there Foos29, first of all congratulations on the NOA-2! If I were you, I would call NVC next week to find out the Montreal case # (MTL-**********) and ask the status of my case, that is whether they sent it off to Montreal or not. In the meanwhile, you may want to get a head start on the packet-3 forms so that you can send them right away once you get the P-3 from Montreal.

Good luck !!!

KnR aka slider100

Ok, Thanks for the info!!! ^_^

01/12/2011: GreenCard approved!!!!

Green card expiration date: 01/05/2013
Sent ROC package to VSC: 11/16/2012
NOA1: 11/20/2012

Approval: 04/29/2013!!!!

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi there,

I guess I am sort of waiting for an interview... although still waiting for Montreal to log us is the system and send P3.

Looking at others' timelines, it seemed to take about 2 weeks to get Packet 3 from the time the case was sent to the consulate...

Does that sound about right? Ive been calling DoS and they say we're still not in Mtl's database.

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Kizza, I think you are kind of confused in terms of Montreal "logging you into their system".

This is how things go about:

NVC will send your file to the MTL consulate, but the NVC will give you your Montreal case # (MTL-**********). Once Montreal receives your file, they will send you the P-3 (might take 2-3 weeks after Montreal receives your case). Once you send back the P-3 forms, this is when you need to call DOS (Department of State) and they will inform you whether Montreal has received your P-3 and logged you into their system

I hope this helps!!!

KnR aka slider100

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.