SK&SP

K-1 people waiting for interviews at Montreal

3,179 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Happy February everyone. The March interviews are just that much closer!

2007-11-10 Met on an airplane on the way to Japan

2008-03-28 First actual date!

2009-03-31 Returned from Japan

K1 Timeline

2009-08-22 Filed K1

2009-09-01 NOA1

2009-09-29 NOA2

2009-10-23 Montreal Received

2009-11-08 Packet 3 Sent

2010-02-02 Packet 4 Received

2010-03-19 Interview

Interview Result :Admin Review-missing papers

2010-06-24 Visa in Hand.. FINALLY!!!

2010-06-25 US Entry

2010-07-02 MARRIED!

2010-07-13 Applied for SSN

2010-08-03 SSN received

AOS Timeline

2010-08-16 I485 sent to chicago lockbox

2010-08-24 NOA1 received

2010-09-17 Case transferred to CSC

2010-10-23 Bio appt letter received for nov 9th

2010-11-03 Biometrics appt. EAD card issued

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes it is first come.

Removal of Conditions: 12/09/2011

ROC check cashed 12/15/11

NOA1 12/13/11

Biometrics 1/6/12 Complete

RFE 9/13/12

RFE package sent back 10/17/12

Card Production Ordered 12/04/12

10 year card arrived in mail 12/10/12

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
yes it is first come.

Thanks. one more thing we noticed on the packet 4 stuff that it mentions the visa fee. 131 dollars or something but then something about a $400 fee for canada filed petitions. Is that referring to the I-129f petition? and if so. since I am the one in the states who filed it does it not apply to us. Or is it the original filing fee? It confuses us. thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Thanks. one more thing we noticed on the packet 4 stuff that it mentions the visa fee. 131 dollars or something but then something about a $400 fee for canada filed petitions. Is that referring to the I-129f petition? and if so. since I am the one in the states who filed it does it not apply to us. Or is it the original filing fee? It confuses us. thanks.

That confused us initially, too. This letter is kind of general and the $400 is for CR1's, I believe. Good luck!

Naturalization Journey

----------------------------------------------------

12/18/12 - Send N-400 package to Phoenix Lockbox!

12/21/12 - Delivered and signed for by Fernando Dominguez

12/24/12 - E-mail notification that file sent to NBC (now able to check case status online!)

12/28/12 - E-mail notification that biometrics notice was sent!

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

04/02/13 - Interview! Passed!

May 2013 - Oath Ceremony!

Bah, DOS closed due to winter storms, even though it says on the message that they'd be open again today.. no such luck.

AoS Timeline

08/26/10 Visa received

08/27/10 PoE Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls

09/10/10 Married!

10/14/10 AoS, AP and EAD apps mailed

10/26/10 Received NoAs for all 3

11/16/10 Biometrics appt

11/24/10 RFE on AoS, missing tax forms

11/29/10 Received RFE in mail, sent back forms

01/05/11 Received interview letter in mail

02/03/11 AoS Interview -- APPROVED!!

02/12/11 Green card in mail!

Removal of conditions will be Nov 2012

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have waited 21 days from the NVC sending our packet to Montreal. Is it worth it to try and call Montreal to see where packet 3 is? If it is worth it, what phone number do I call? I was hoping the packet 3 letter would be in my fiance's mailbox today but no such luck. I have to laugh at the "K-1 Flow chart" Yeah right, step 7 says it will take 5-7 days from the consulate receiving our packet to send us the forms list and check list. I looked at other people's timelines of recent and 16 to 21 days seemed the going average and that was over Christmas. Where is my fiance's packet 3? CanadaPost to blame?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I understand your anxiety and I hope you get your P-3 real soon! As far as calling Montreal goes, they do not have a number where you can call and inquire about your case. You can call DOS on 202-663-1225 and be ready with your case #, Name and DOB of the petitioner and beneficiary and they might tell you whether your P-3 has been dispatched from Montreal.

I hope this helps!

KnR aka slider100

Edited by slider100

Timeline
I have waited 21 days from the NVC sending our packet to Montreal. Is it worth it to try and call Montreal to see where packet 3 is? If it is worth it, what phone number do I call? I was hoping the packet 3 letter would be in my fiance's mailbox today but no such luck. I have to laugh at the "K-1 Flow chart" Yeah right, step 7 says it will take 5-7 days from the consulate receiving our packet to send us the forms list and check list. I looked at other people's timelines of recent and 16 to 21 days seemed the going average and that was over Christmas. Where is my fiance's packet 3? CanadaPost to blame?

Where do you live??? That might have something to do with it. Mathew lives in Laval and it took almost 3 weeks from the time that Packet 3 was sent until he actually received it. Laval is crazily close to Montreal and it always makes me wonder why it seems to take so much longer for him to get mail there.

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline
Where do you live??? That might have something to do with it. Mathew lives in Laval and it took almost 3 weeks from the time that Packet 3 was sent until he actually received it. Laval is crazily close to Montreal and it always makes me wonder why it seems to take so much longer for him to get mail there.

My fiance' lives in Kingston, Ontario. Not THAT close to Montreal. I am calling DOS today to see if the packet 3 has been mailed yet and when, in case it needs to get resent.

Timeline

it is impossible to get an answer from montreal. i've tried 4 times now with emails and never got a reply other than the automatic. What you can do is call DOS first thing in the morning, they will tell you everything you need. keep in mind i got my new affirmed noa2 in nov and my p3 mid dec. sent back same day and montreal only logged it in mid january. so for me it was a bit over a month for each step.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

DOS said the packet 3 was mailed on Feb. 3. So my fiance' and I will get the forms filled out including the online DS-160 and I will send them back to Canada with him (since he is visiting this weekend). Hopefully his packet 3 will be in the mailbox when gets back home on Monday and he can mail it on Tuesday. All this waiting for a checklist! Such a simple piece of paper but he needs his!

I did email Montreal too though to "resend his packet 3". Hopefully one way or the other he will get his packet so we can get moving on with this process.

Edited by lilacvioletiris

Timeline
DOS said the packet 3 was mailed on Feb. 3. So my fiance' and I will get the forms filled out including the online DS-160 and I will send them back to Canada with him (since he is visiting this weekend). Hopefully his packet 3 will be in the mailbox when gets back home on Monday and he can mail it on Tuesday. All this waiting for a checklist! Such a simple piece of paper but he needs his!

I did email Montreal too though to "resend his packet 3". Hopefully one way or the other he will get his packet so we can get moving on with this process.

dos told us roughly the same thing..but when you get the envelope and look at the postal date on it the stamp you will see it was mailed out later than the day you were told. mine was suposedly mailed out on jan 18. it wasn't. in fact my letter on p4 is dated jan 22 and was mailed out on the monday after. i physically got it in the mail feb 6th.

i think when they say it was mailed out they mean it was sent to the dept to prepare it for mailing, then it has to go to the internal mail room, then it gets physically given to canada post. my p3 same deal letter dated dec 10th, postal stam dated the 17th. seems the actual letters are sent a week after they tell you they were sent. so just be patient.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline
dos told us roughly the same thing..but when you get the envelope and look at the postal date on it the stamp you will see it was mailed out later than the day you were told. mine was suposedly mailed out on jan 18. it wasn't. in fact my letter on p4 is dated jan 22 and was mailed out on the monday after. i physically got it in the mail feb 6th.

i think when they say it was mailed out they mean it was sent to the dept to prepare it for mailing, then it has to go to the internal mail room, then it gets physically given to canada post. my p3 same deal letter dated dec 10th, postal stam dated the 17th. seems the actual letters are sent a week after they tell you they were sent. so just be patient.

That is encouraging to know of the difference in the letter date versus the postal date. I was thinking that may be the case. Anyway, because I knew the "packet 3 was mailed" my fiance' and I worked on the paperwork last night. He has all the forms completed to send back to Montreal so hopefully when he gets back to Canada on Monday there may be mail from the weekened (since I am assuming Canada Post doesn't work on Family Day) in his mailbox. Then he can just send back the forms and wait for the next step - the interview date!

Timeline

My fiance' got home this evening and in his mailbox was his PACKET 3! Yeah! He will be mailing out the documents we worked on this weekend tomorrow via expresspost. How long should I wait before calling to see if these documents have been logged in Montreal's system?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.