SK&SP

K-1 people waiting for interviews at Montreal

3,179 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

just wanted to say Happy New Year and all the best for 2010. I'm crossing my fingers that we hear good news soon about our interview dates!

Good Luck :)

Our Journey to Happiness :)

Oct 30, 2002 - We met in Toronto while he was visiting on a business trip from the US

Dated until early 2004 and then distance became an issue

Sept 16, 2007 - He initiated contact with me after almost 4 years!

Jan 2008 - He came to Toronto to visit and see if there was still 'something' there

Feb 28, 2009 - He proposed in front of my family in our condo in Toronto!!!

May 13, 2009 - sent in I-129F (Lawyer is handling our process)

May 15, 2009 - received receipt of NOA1

September 16, 2009 - NOA2!!!

Nov 4/09 - sent packet 3

Nov 25/09 - info logged in system

Interview date - March 22, 2010!!! ***APPROVED!!!***

POE @ Queenston/Lewiston - April 4th, 2010

Wedding date - July 17, 2010

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I made my first call of the year to DOS an hour ago...still no interview date. I can't say that I actually thought I'd hear something different, but at the same time, all of the November interviewees were assured they were working as hard and fast as they could to get through the backlog. I'm not noticing any difference from their timelines to mine :angry:

Sorry for the angry vent, but I'm so tired of "not knowing" more than anything else right now. I was in Toronto over New Years visiting my Love. It was the fastest trip ever. I don't feel like we had any time to ourselves because there were always friends and family and celebrating going on. Don't get me wrong, it was great, but I don't know if I'll be able to see him again before our wedding...and who knows when that will be. I'm just really sad today, but I always get like this for at least a week afterward :( I had to leave him at noon EST time yesterday and didn't get home an in bed until 1 am MST. How does everyone make it through the rough patches? I sometimes feel like I'm falling apart.

I'm really hoping we hear something soon!

AOS, EAD & AP sent: 4/9/10

NOA1: 4/19/10

Biometrics Appt: 5/26/10

Timeline
How does everyone make it through the rough patches? I sometimes feel like I'm falling apart.

The best way to make it through the rough patches is to focus on you guys :) Rent the same movie and watch it "together" over the phone or over skype, make the same dinner and talk online while you eat, stuff like that. It's not as good as the real thing, but it's better than letting the frustration you feel at your situation leak through into your relationship. Remember that you're in this together, with the same goal, and that the reward is SO worth the waiting.

Stay strong! I hope you get your interview soon! :thumbs:

Edit: I should also add....take some time for just you as well. Do something you enjoy and de-stress :)

Edited by ScooterMac

Timeline for Spoom

2009-02-14: Engaged!

2009-02-21: Sent I-129F package to VSC

2009-11-09: Interview!! - APPROVED!!!

2009-11-21: POE

2010-01-23: WEDDING!!!

2010-02-19: Sent I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), I-131 (AP) package to Chicago Lockbox

2010-03-01: NOA1

2010-03-16: Transferred to CSC!

2010-03-24: Biometrics in Buffalo

2010-04-21: AOS APPROVED!

2010-04-27: Received I-797 Approval / Welcome to America letter for AOS

Timeline
How does everyone make it through the rough patches? I sometimes feel like I'm falling apart.

Deep breaths.

Throwing things.

Photoshopping hedgehog pictures. (Ok, that one was just me.)

Talking with other people who understand! YAY VJ Forums!

It will happen, we'll just hope with you it's soon.

If you're still reading, maybe you need drastic help... I present you the ultimate fix for rough patches.

Cute critters.

cute_hedgehog.jpg

Montreal Interviewer: "What do you have in common with each other?"

Peachey: "We're REALLY weird."

Montreal Interviewer (incredulously to me): "Do you agree with that?"

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Peachey: "MOOOO! MOOOOO! Does this make me weird?"

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

Peachey: "MOOOOO!!!!"

<back to interview>

Me: "Yes, yes I do."

Oh gawd that hedgehog is cute.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline
:) Thanks ScooterMac and Varba for the advice and the laugh. We've never tired to watch a movie together over Skype, but that's a great idea! I'm sure I'll be back over the next couple of months needing to hear the same advice. Thanks VJ!

Timeline
:) Thanks ScooterMac and Varba for the advice and the laugh. We've never tired to watch a movie together over Skype, but that's a great idea! I'm sure I'll be back over the next couple of months needing to hear the same advice. Thanks VJ!

If you have favorite TV shows, that works too.

Especially because then you have something to look forward to every week. (For Peachey and I, it was often Thursdays.)

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

<back to interview>

Timeline

You'll hear soon, hang in there. I had a similar timeline and I remember the January/February months being particularly hard and depressing (winter, ugh).

We used to watch things together too, or play online games together...the last couple of months are the hardest but once you are together you'll quickly forget all about them.

Hope you hear something soon!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline
I made my first call of the year to DOS an hour ago...still no interview date. I can't say that I actually thought I'd hear something different, but at the same time, all of the November interviewees were assured they were working as hard and fast as they could to get through the backlog. I'm not noticing any difference from their timelines to mine :angry:

Sorry for the angry vent, but I'm so tired of "not knowing" more than anything else right now. I was in Toronto over New Years visiting my Love. It was the fastest trip ever. I don't feel like we had any time to ourselves because there were always friends and family and celebrating going on. Don't get me wrong, it was great, but I don't know if I'll be able to see him again before our wedding...and who knows when that will be. I'm just really sad today, but I always get like this for at least a week afterward :( I had to leave him at noon EST time yesterday and didn't get home an in bed until 1 am MST. How does everyone make it through the rough patches? I sometimes feel like I'm falling apart.

I am in complete understanding of how you feel today! My fiance left yesterday as well after being here for just under a week; his trip was cut short because his flight was cancelled twice before he decided to drive here. Our time was spent just the same - with lots of family and friends - which is great, but could have used some extra time to ourselves. He also called today and got the same answer - again I didn't expect to hear anything different. BUT we are feeling confident that we are going to hear some good news in the next few weeks.

We try to skype every few days and both of us are basketball fans, so we watch games together over the phone. In the end, all this waiting and frustration will be totally worth it...hang in there...i'm right there with you :)

Oct 30, 2002 - We met in Toronto while he was visiting on a business trip from the US

Jan 2008 - He came to Toronto to visit and see if there was still 'something' there

Nov 4/09 - sent packet 3

Timeline
I am in complete understanding of how you feel today! My fiance left yesterday as well after being here for just under a week; his trip was cut short because his flight was cancelled twice before he decided to drive here. Our time was spent just the same - with lots of family and friends - which is great, but could have used some extra time to ourselves. He also called today and got the same answer - again I didn't expect to hear anything different. BUT we are feeling confident that we are going to hear some good news in the next few weeks.

We try to skype every few days and both of us are basketball fans, so we watch games together over the phone. In the end, all this waiting and frustration will be totally worth it...hang in there...i'm right there with you :)

It's good to know I'm not alone, although I'm sorry you and others are in this boat too.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I just wish i knew how montreal processed interviews. It really hurts to see ppl who got their noa2 so much later than i did get the whole journey done in 8 months while i'm still waiting for an interview. dont get me wrong i'm happy for all those who have been reunited with their loved ones, but i just get so sad at how much time has passed and how long we have been forced to be apart and not start our life together :( some ppl seem to get interviews in 2 motnhs others it takes 5-6 and it's really maddening to see that happen. :( blargh.

HWDWm6.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

The wait time looks like the serious hold up. I am hoping that my NOA2 will be on its way by the end of Jan. but it looks like I should plan on my fiance' getting his interview in June or July. Maybe plan is the wrong word. Hope, maybe. We are hoping to get married July 11, 2010 but we will definitely not be purchasing invitations until we have an interview date. No use buying something we can't use. Each step in the K-1 process is wait, wait, wait. Sure is teaching me patience.

Timeline
I just wish i knew how montreal processed interviews. It really hurts to see ppl who got their noa2 so much later than i did get the whole journey done in 8 months while i'm still waiting for an interview. dont get me wrong i'm happy for all those who have been reunited with their loved ones, but i just get so sad at how much time has passed and how long we have been forced to be apart and not start our life together :( some ppl seem to get interviews in 2 motnhs others it takes 5-6 and it's really maddening to see that happen. :( blargh.

i totally hear you Kimbear - just stay strong...our time is coming :)

Nov 4/09 - sent packet 3

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just wanted to say good luck to all you guys waiting! The wait was harsh but well worth it. I t hought I was going to lose my mind.

I wish you all speedy interviews.

Or at least, the ability to wade out the time waiting for one.

:)

Best,

LGG

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline
Just wanted to say good luck to all you guys waiting! The wait was harsh but well worth it. I thought I was going to lose my mind.

I wish you all speedy interviews.

Or at least, the ability to wade out the time waiting for one.

:)

Best,

LGG

LGG, your nose is growing.

Did you ever find that sneaky ####### after you lost it?

<back to interview>

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.