SK&SP

K-1 people waiting for interviews at Montreal

3,179 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Danu - I also felt certain that I was forgetting something and kept looking through my folder several times before leaving for Montreal. It all worked out and I know you will pass with flying colours! Be confident and remember how prepared you are! It's a huge day, but you are ready for it!!!!

Our Timeline

March 21, 2009 - I-129F sent to VSC

November 6, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!

February 15, 2010 - POE Thousand Islands

March 27, 2010 - Wedding!

AOS

April 17, 2010 - I-485, I-765, I-131 sent to Chicago Lockbox

April 26, 2010 - Received NOAs for I-485, I-765, I-131

May 13, 2010 - Transferred to the CSC

May 19, 2010 - Biometrics appointment

June 17th, 18th, 22nd, 23rd & 30th - touches on I-485

June 25th, 2010 - E-mail: EAD approved

June 30th, 2010 - 2nd E-mail for EAD

July 1st, 2010 - Email: RFE being sent for AOS

July 2nd, 2010 - AP received in the mail

July 6th, 2010 - EAD received in the mail

July 8th, 2010 - Received RFE in the mail. They have no record of my medical!

July 12th, 2010 - RFE (new medical) sent back via Express mail

July 21st, 2010 - Welcome Letter (dated July 15th) received by mail and e-mail received stating GC approved

July 23rd, 2010 - GC received in the mail

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Danu, since I had the old packet 3 and my interview today you can PM and ask anything you want.

I also felt like I was missing something since my folder was so much smaller than everyoone elses. Turns out I had too much! You'll be fine :)

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Ugh, so we're 10 days away and I literally cannot stop panicking. I was in tears twice tonight and have gone over my folder probably about 6 times today. I don't know why I'm so scared but I am. I'm afraid I will have forgotten something or that they want something extra and tell us they can't approve us. I don't even know how I would react.....probably break down in tears again. I love Wes so much and I really don't want to screw anything up. I just want to be in his arms again. :crying:

I understand completely. I am in panic mode also. I am worried about proof of relationship...I have some pics, a photocopy of a cheque from my fiancee, and am going to print out some emails. I have heard they are not favorable to people that have met on the net, that they give them a hard time. I am hoping that is just a rumor...

The woods are lovely, dark and deep; But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

definatly not true about the people meeting on the net. the director has told us in fact that since world of warcraft went live people with stories just like ours have becomes more common. meeting on the internet is no problem in fact they will assume thats how you met untl they read/you tell them otherwise

..The time line ..

04/04/2007 met in person

22/10 2008 engaged

29/03/2009 I-129F Sent

06/04/2009 money order cashed

13/04/2009 I-129F NOA1

20/07/2009 NOA2 petition approved

08/12/2009 Packet 3 Received

08/13/2009 Packet 3 Sent

09/14/2009 Medical Toronto

06/11/2009 interview PASSED!

15/11/2009 Visa Rcvd

14/02/2010 POE Sault Ste Marie ON

26/03/2010 Married

AOS

05/10/2010 mailed

05/17/2010 check cashed

05/21/2010 NOA1 rcvd

06/15/2010 Biometrics(Grand Rapids MI)

08/20/2010 interview (approved)

ROC

08/21/2012

10/13/2012 biometric

waiting

Our CO today said "World of Warcraft sounds violent"

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Our CO today said "World of Warcraft sounds violent"

Well it's a good thing we didn't meet on WoW! We met on EverQuest 2 . . . which is like the same thing . . . (only mo' betta').

02.09.2007- Met online (EverQuest 2)

07.11.2008- Met in person (Orlando)

02.14.2009- Got engaged (Toronto)

K-1

03.13.2009- NOA 1

08.24.2009- NOA 2

11.20.2009- Montreal Interview Approved!!

02.01.2010- POE @ Lewiston Bridge

02.25.2010- Applied for SS#

04.29.2010- Beach Wedding!!

AOS

05.27.2010- NOA 1 for I-131, I-485 & I-765

06.18.2010- I-485 transferred to CSC

06.21.2010- Biometrics

07.22.2010- EAD & AP approved

10.28.2010- RFE for I-485- They lost our medical!

12.09.2010- Green Card in hand!

ROC

09.14.2012- Mailed I-751 to VSC

10.26.2012- Biometrics

04.11.2013- 10 Year Green Card approved! No interview :)

8zs8cuv3suq7.png

My CO didnt even know what Ragnarok Online was.

He commented on my organization though :lol:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Don`t feel too bad - I`m sure they won`t know what DAOC is. :P

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

I dont even know what DAOC is.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Dark Age of Camelot. It`s where we met. :D

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Dark Age of Camelot. It`s where we met. :D

Sounds quite interesting.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Thank you Kim...and OMG for you! Grats on a new NOA2! Its about freakin time! I have had you in my prayers, and will continue to pray for a swift turn around through NVC and then to an interview for you.

I just wish my mind would stop playing games with me. The other night I had a nightmare that I got to the consulate, got inside and had left all the support stuff at home, so I had to run (not drive...not sure why) all the way home to get it and by the time I got back they were closed.

hehe ya it's been a long time comming :) What you need to do is thoroughly occupy your self with stuff. Keep talking to Wes as much as possible that helps too hearing their voice. Will wes be going to the interview with you?

HWDWm6.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Danu, the last time I slept before our interview was Tues and that was because of Nyquil and a fever :P The night before my bus trip to Montreal, I even took some Nyquil to rest and did not even shut my eyes the entire evening! I was sooooo nervous, I could not eat, I was literally shaking with nervous energy.

We brought almost 5 pounds worth of evidence, every official document Ive had since I became an adult, every utility bill, mortgage payment, checking account balance and pay stub my fiance owns and 3 copies of everything.

My interview experience was sooo smooth. If you go through the list that I put up and KnJ edited (she bold faced the documents they will take) and the list from the sheet they will give you (which KnJ also posted), you will do extremely well!

I kind of wish I wasnt sooo nervous so I could have savored the experience! And seriously, you will do awesome because you have everyone of us rooting for you!

Goodluck to you and all those still interviewing!

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

I actually slept really well the day before the interview, I didnt even want to get out of bed :lol:

I didn't get nervous until I had to go sit down after the initial person I talked to.

definatly not true about the people meeting on the net. the director has told us in fact that since world of warcraft went live people with stories just like ours have becomes more common. meeting on the internet is no problem in fact they will assume thats how you met untl they read/you tell them otherwise

Well that`s a good thing then! We met on a fan BB for Highlander...the last time I was down there I stayed 6 months, so i`m hoping that speaks to the seriousness of our relationship. I just want to get this over with so I can plan some things...like xmas! I have no idea where i`ll be...

The woods are lovely, dark and deep; But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.