SK&SP

K-1 people waiting for interviews at Montreal

3,179 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Got off the phone with a lady named Sarah at the Dept of State.

We were the third case today for her that thought they had an interview but didn't, she promised that she would talk with her supervisor and get in touch with Montreal and see what the #### is going on.

Their best guess right now is, someone screwed up at Montreal and flagged a bunch of people as having interviews when they really didn't.

She wouldn't put me on with a supervisor, and wouldn't help me figure out who I talked with on Friday.

She stated, that with the current workload and their current knowledge of the backlog in Montreal - we should not expect a interview until January 2010.

:angry:

I was as civil as I could possibly be, and informed her that this is completely unacceptable. You can't #### with people this way.

We have lives and plans. Or lack of them in a gaping moving time period thanks to lack of a scheduled date.

How is this ok?

Schedule the interview or make us wait. Do NOT give us false hope.

I am sorry for the language but these useless morons have pushed my buttons today.

Montreal Interviewer: "What do you have in common with each other?"

Peachey: "We're REALLY weird."

Montreal Interviewer (incredulously to me): "Do you agree with that?"

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Peachey: "MOOOO! MOOOOO! Does this make me weird?"

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

Peachey: "MOOOOO!!!!"

<back to interview>

Me: "Yes, yes I do."

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if i should be excited about this but, I called DOS today and my case was received late last month and Ginette is "eligible for and interview". Does this seem faster than what I have been reading on here and just exactly what does this mean. No date has been set yet.

Welcome to the waiting club. Some of us have been eligable for an interview since July and we still don't know.

I will come in time, but I can assure you won't have an interview in 2009. We're here for support tho, write down the phone number for DOS. You'll need it.

Edited by Peachey

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

As I said before? I'm no longer willing to play the "poor Montreal, they're working so hard card..." They are screwing around with something -- we'll never know what but holy ####### to give people dates and then say, "whoops, my bad..."

Out. Of. Control.

What about poor Americana? they had a date given them about a month ago? Now it's revoked? They're CR1, btw...

God damn and there is not a thing we can do but sit back and take it like chumps.

Sorry. I'm mad FOR you guys.

:| :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline

i don't understand? if they tell you you have an interview- even if someone misunderstood- they should give one to you asap. on principle. nobody ever gave me a date, so i can't really be angry but if i were you, varba, i'd be at my wits end too. i hope you can get in touch with someone who will listen.

me? i'm just going to sit and sigh. at least g wont be trying to drive here during the winter months now...

AOS

05.17.10 - I-485/I-765 mailed

05.25.10 - NoA

06.25.10 - biometrics appt

07.02.10 - emailed that our case is moved to CSC!

07.14.10 - touched

07.21.10 - touched

08.03.10 - approved for EAD

08.05.10 - uscis mailed out EAD

08.09.10 - EAD received!

01.05.11 - a ###### RFE over 6 ###### months after the fact

02.01.11 - touched

02.14.11 - APPROVED (finally)!

02.25.11 - received green card in the mail

DONE WITH USCIS FOR 2 YEARS!

(thank christ)

6scrqyns.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
202-663-1225 press 1 then 0. There's no "Average" hold time, it does tell you after you push 0 tho.

That number is only to find out if you have an interview yet tho. You haven't gotten your packet 3, so it might be a month until you start calling.

"

No problem. Thanks for the info. I'm just trying to get prepared for my time in "the queue".

AOS, EAD & AP sent: 4/9/10

NOA1: 4/19/10

Biometrics Appt: 5/26/10

Timeline
i don't understand? if they tell you you have an interview- even if someone misunderstood- they should give one to you asap. on principle. nobody ever gave me a date, so i can't really be angry but if i were you, varba, i'd be at my wits end too. i hope you can get in touch with someone who will listen.

me? i'm just going to sit and sigh. at least g wont be trying to drive here during the winter months now...

Your day will come too. :)

(And I'm not referring to the magically disappearing interview - the real one.)

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

<back to interview>

Timeline

grab your pitchforks friends! we're mounting an expedition to the land of the french! but seriously though no one can ignore an angry mob with torches and pitchforks

..The time line ..

04/04/2007 met in person

22/10 2008 engaged

29/03/2009 I-129F Sent

06/04/2009 money order cashed

13/04/2009 I-129F NOA1

20/07/2009 NOA2 petition approved

08/12/2009 Packet 3 Received

08/13/2009 Packet 3 Sent

09/14/2009 Medical Toronto

06/11/2009 interview PASSED!

15/11/2009 Visa Rcvd

14/02/2010 POE Sault Ste Marie ON

26/03/2010 Married

AOS

05/10/2010 mailed

05/17/2010 check cashed

05/21/2010 NOA1 rcvd

06/15/2010 Biometrics(Grand Rapids MI)

08/20/2010 interview (approved)

ROC

08/21/2012

10/13/2012 biometric

waiting

Timeline
grab your pitchforks friends! we're mounting an expedition to the land of the french! but seriously though no one can ignore an angry mob with torches and pitchforks

They burned down the whitehouse way back when, maybe we should return the favor!

:devil:

Oh... that might make interview scheduling _slightly_ slower tho.. *ponder*

<back to interview>

Timeline

wait a minute...wait a minute.

yes. the scheduling might then be slower. but i think the more pressing issue here is- can they ban us from getting poutine if we revolt?

whoa there. not.worth.it.

AOS

05.17.10 - I-485/I-765 mailed

05.25.10 - NoA

06.25.10 - biometrics appt

07.02.10 - emailed that our case is moved to CSC!

07.14.10 - touched

07.21.10 - touched

08.03.10 - approved for EAD

08.05.10 - uscis mailed out EAD

08.09.10 - EAD received!

01.05.11 - a ###### RFE over 6 ###### months after the fact

02.01.11 - touched

02.14.11 - APPROVED (finally)!

02.25.11 - received green card in the mail

DONE WITH USCIS FOR 2 YEARS!

(thank christ)

6scrqyns.png

Timeline

I'll burn some French butt if it means a nice hot steaming Italian poutine from Mamma's Pizza on Ave du pins...

I kid you not, c'est la best, friends...

USCIS

NVC

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

Kermit the Frog

Timeline

I know I'm just spinning my wheels by even mentioning this, but how come there is an expiration date of 4 months from NOA2 if it's just disregarded? Isn't there any way to hold them more accountable? I know I fully intend to write the consular general once I begin the horrendous wait. I know it's probably too early to become so frustrated, but after seeing all your timelines, I'm outraged! I can't imagine everything on hold for so much more unnecessary time. We all have lives to begin/continue! Ok, I'm done now. Thanks for letting me rant a moment.

AOS, EAD & AP sent: 4/9/10

NOA1: 4/19/10

Biometrics Appt: 5/26/10

Timeline

lol i'd better be careful, if one of them reads this i might be pegged as a terrorist lol but really though guys, i can make poutine for all of you if thats the only issue we have here.

..The time line ..

04/04/2007 met in person

22/10 2008 engaged

29/03/2009 I-129F Sent

06/04/2009 money order cashed

13/04/2009 I-129F NOA1

20/07/2009 NOA2 petition approved

08/12/2009 Packet 3 Received

08/13/2009 Packet 3 Sent

09/14/2009 Medical Toronto

06/11/2009 interview PASSED!

15/11/2009 Visa Rcvd

14/02/2010 POE Sault Ste Marie ON

26/03/2010 Married

AOS

05/10/2010 mailed

05/17/2010 check cashed

05/21/2010 NOA1 rcvd

06/15/2010 Biometrics(Grand Rapids MI)

08/20/2010 interview (approved)

ROC

08/21/2012

10/13/2012 biometric

waiting

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

wow..thats horrible! I'm glad I got it in writing, they aren't taking my date back on me! If they don't let me in I'll raise a fuss! Varba, can you contact your senator or something? Seriously for 4 days how is the wait a month difference? and to be lied to I agree, you should get one quicker than that...thats a 6 month wait! Thats rediculous!

Im still hoping that they schedule you at the end of this month, they seem to do the last and first week for like a month out...you could still end up with a Dec one *crosses fingers*

Edited by Danu

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline
I know I'm just spinning my wheels by even mentioning this, but how come there is an expiration date of 4 months from NOA2 if it's just disregarded? Isn't there any way to hold them more accountable? I know I fully intend to write the consular general once I begin the horrendous wait. I know it's probably too early to become so frustrated, but after seeing all your timelines, I'm outraged! I can't imagine everything on hold for so much more unnecessary time. We all have lives to begin/continue! Ok, I'm done now. Thanks for letting me rant a moment.

That's what the support group at visa journey is all about.

Weird jokes about timbits, commies, poutine, cats, and this wretched immigration thing that they try to convince us is a working process.

I had no idea that immigration was so slow, painful, or complicated before this - but you better believe I'm going to do my best to make sure other people don't have to deal with this #######.

*edit*

And about your NOA2, it expires - but it also auto extends (or so I've come to understand) if it can't be used due to the consulate being slow.

Edited by Varba

<back to interview>

Timeline

Why don't we all write a letter to Lee McClenny?

it's not like he's busy doing all that stuff.

Maybe it would have some impact?

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.