SK&SP

K-1 people waiting for interviews at Montreal

3,179 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
In a moment of frustration, I typed "Why is the montreal consulate so slow?" into google. It directed me to this thread. :lol:

You be wait long time!

I'm trying to refrain from doing mean stuff, like flinging poo at the consulate... going to other countries forums and telling them to STFU when they talk about waiting so long (cause they are getting K1's way faster)...

Making people wait this long for the "fast" version of legal immigration is sickening. They really need to figure out a better way to run their operation.

Montreal Interviewer: "What do you have in common with each other?"

Peachey: "We're REALLY weird."

Montreal Interviewer (incredulously to me): "Do you agree with that?"

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Peachey: "MOOOO! MOOOOO! Does this make me weird?"

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

Peachey: "MOOOOO!!!!"

<back to interview>

Me: "Yes, yes I do."

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
just email them i think

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

So Wes just checked his email, and they said a letter has just been sent and our date is Nov 23rd!! Crappy that its so far away but yay!

WOW yay!

Ok i'm going to yoga anyway and ohhhh maybe more of us will find out.

This is great news : D

Great news Danu! I'm going to call this afternoon and see if I have a date :)

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah! You BE wait long time!

That's great -- I hope all you guys get something soon. I feel a little bit like a the fox in the henhouse being with all the K1s and all!

:)

But hey, we're all fighting the same war! Congrats, Danu...

Best of luck to everyone else...

:D

LGG

Edited by lgg

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline

OK Danu, if you're game, I'd love to find something out. You got emailed yesterday about an interview date. Can you call DoS and see if they have your interview date??

I just called, I don't have a date yet :(

I'm actually curious whether DoS gets the date immediately when the date is scheduled.

... only if you can. I didn't even wait a minute when I called this morning...

In a moment of frustration, I typed "Why is the montreal consulate so slow?" into google. It directed me to this thread. :lol:

You be wait long time!

I'm trying to refrain from doing mean stuff, like flinging poo at the consulate... going to other countries forums and telling them to STFU when they talk about waiting so long (cause they are getting K1's way faster)...

Making people wait this long for the "fast" version of legal immigration is sickening. They really need to figure out a better way to run their operation.

I'm trying to refrain from that too, but it's so hard.

I just mostly rant to my fiance about it :lol:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

oh yay i got so excited when i heard danu got an interview... atleast we're now hearing signs of life from montreal!!!!!

varba, i have to make sure i'm not drinking anything when i read most of your posts for fear i may laugh and spit it out at my screen.

..The time line ..

04/04/2007 met in person

22/10 2008 engaged

29/03/2009 I-129F Sent

06/04/2009 money order cashed

13/04/2009 I-129F NOA1

20/07/2009 NOA2 petition approved

08/12/2009 Packet 3 Received

08/13/2009 Packet 3 Sent

09/14/2009 Medical Toronto

06/11/2009 interview PASSED!

15/11/2009 Visa Rcvd

14/02/2010 POE Sault Ste Marie ON

26/03/2010 Married

AOS

05/10/2010 mailed

05/17/2010 check cashed

05/21/2010 NOA1 rcvd

06/15/2010 Biometrics(Grand Rapids MI)

08/20/2010 interview (approved)

ROC

08/21/2012

10/13/2012 biometric

waiting

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So is it best to call DoS and/or e-mail Montreal 3 weeks after we send back packet 3 to check on the progress? Thanks.

Naturalization Journey

----------------------------------------------------

12/18/12 - Send N-400 package to Phoenix Lockbox!

12/21/12 - Delivered and signed for by Fernando Dominguez

12/24/12 - E-mail notification that file sent to NBC (now able to check case status online!)

12/28/12 - E-mail notification that biometrics notice was sent!

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

04/02/13 - Interview! Passed!

May 2013 - Oath Ceremony!

Timeline
So is it best to call DoS and/or e-mail Montreal 3 weeks after we send back packet 3 to check on the progress? Thanks.

you'll get a faster response with DOS. the emails from Montreal are sometimes, how shall i say.... short and sometimes obscure?

..The time line ..

04/04/2007 met in person

22/10 2008 engaged

29/03/2009 I-129F Sent

13/04/2009 I-129F NOA1

08/13/2009 Packet 3 Sent

15/11/2009 Visa Rcvd

26/03/2010 Married

AOS

05/10/2010 mailed

05/17/2010 check cashed

05/21/2010 NOA1 rcvd

ROC

08/21/2012

10/13/2012 biometric

waiting

Timeline

From the bits of information I have gleaned from the DoS, they did not even enter us into the queue until 4 weeks after they received our packet 3.

The people at the DoS seem pretty "ok" with receiving calls about your status, so I'd say feel free to call (and often). Just don't expect much information besides "No interview" for awhile. :(

The Montreal email thing, they might not respond at all until more time passes, unfortunately.

Edited by Varba

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

<back to interview>

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah, from my experience e-mailing Montreal, they typically answer questions that just require yes/no answers.

They tend to ignore the ones that require more words...

Regarding DoS, I find some of those people to be pretty mean.

I guess it's best to use both contacts.

Naturalization Journey

----------------------------------------------------

12/18/12 - Send N-400 package to Phoenix Lockbox!

12/21/12 - Delivered and signed for by Fernando Dominguez

12/24/12 - E-mail notification that file sent to NBC (now able to check case status online!)

12/28/12 - E-mail notification that biometrics notice was sent!

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

04/02/13 - Interview! Passed!

May 2013 - Oath Ceremony!

Timeline
varba, i have to make sure i'm not drinking anything when i read most of your posts for fear i may laugh and spit it out at my screen.

Let this be a lesson to you, if you don't keep a sense of humor during this process - you'll go as nuts as ME!!!

Honestly though, Peachey did say that I am not allowed to wear my "Go away or I will replace you with a very small shell script." (a type of computer program) t-shirt to our interview.

I even told her that I just wanted to show the consulate how much I appreciated their efforts in keeping our process moving. She typed "no" very fast, and I know the exact look she gave her computer.

/chuckle

<back to interview>

I don't think I'll even be calling DOS till the beginning of November, to check and see if my packet is logged.

Here I thought they got that done in a week.

Should have known better.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline

i didn't start calling until about a month after i sent my packet and even then i only call about once every two weeks but only because some of the VJers ahead of me haven't heard anything.

..The time line ..

04/04/2007 met in person

22/10 2008 engaged

29/03/2009 I-129F Sent

13/04/2009 I-129F NOA1

08/13/2009 Packet 3 Sent

15/11/2009 Visa Rcvd

26/03/2010 Married

AOS

05/10/2010 mailed

05/17/2010 check cashed

05/21/2010 NOA1 rcvd

ROC

08/21/2012

10/13/2012 biometric

waiting

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Let this be a lesson to you, if you don't keep a sense of humor during this process - you'll go as nuts as ME!!!

Honestly though, Peachey did say that I am not allowed to wear my "Go away or I will replace you with a very small shell script." (a type of computer program) t-shirt to our interview.

I even told her that I just wanted to show the consulate how much I appreciated their efforts in keeping our process moving. She typed "no" very fast, and I know the exact look she gave her computer.

/chuckle

HA! A couple of lines of code is about all you need. :rofl:

I'm with Peachey, though. Don't wear the t-shirt . . . You might just get a former network admin.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.