SK&SP

K-1 people waiting for interviews at Montreal

3,179 posts in this topic

Happy Monday!

OK so we're flying a little blind here, with no clue about the last few people to get interviews! Ahh! OK well I do know that there is at least one person in the past 6 months who submitted their P3 to Montreal and then got an interview date just about a month later.. so I'm going to hold out some hope that this thing can actually get done in 2009 for me and my fiancee!! :)

I think this person asked for it to be faster because her fiance was getting deployed.

The last K-1 interview from VJ was in September, and that was domegirl.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Happy Monday!

OK so we're flying a little blind here, with no clue about the last few people to get interviews! Ahh! OK well I do know that there is at least one person in the past 6 months who submitted their P3 to Montreal and then got an interview date just about a month later.. so I'm going to hold out some hope that this thing can actually get done in 2009 for me and my fiancee!! :)

I'll see what I can find/cookup for you in all it's geeky numbery glory.

Doubtful that it will console us, but at least we might see something.

Might take me a bit, but I'll poke at it during lunch break - see what is out there and such.

Montreal Interviewer: "What do you have in common with each other?"

Peachey: "We're REALLY weird."

Montreal Interviewer (incredulously to me): "Do you agree with that?"

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Peachey: "MOOOO! MOOOOO! Does this make me weird?"

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

Peachey: "MOOOOO!!!!"

<back to interview>

Me: "Yes, yes I do."

Varba just called the department of slow and they suggested we email the consulate to find out what's up because they are having long wait times... I honestly don't think it would do anything.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Can we not contact Lee McClenny? the head of the US consulate in Montreal? Maybe he can explain to us what the hell the delay is. Just a thought. Not that I really believe that anything will come of it but it's getting a little retarded hearing people who are getting interviews NOW a week or two after completion for K1 and CR/IR1 visas and will be able to make it to the US for Christmas and stuff...

Just a thought. But what do I know?

Edited by lgg

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline
Varba just called the department of slow and they suggested we email the consulate to find out what's up because they are having long wait times... I honestly don't think it would do anything.

The lady I spoke to assumed that we missed our first interview because it's been such a long time.

I had to explain to her that we are simply waiting for our first interview.

*Sigh*

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

<back to interview>

Timeline

Broooother...

That sucks, Varba... sorry to hear that...

Does anyone think it might be a good idea to write to Lee McClenny? Or is just a lesson in futility?

:)

The lady I spoke to assumed that we missed our first interview because it's been such a long time.

*Sigh*

USCIS

NVC

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

Kermit the Frog

Timeline
Broooother...

That sucks, Varba... sorry to hear that...

Does anyone think it might be a good idea to write to Lee McClenny? Or is just a lesson in futility?

*Sigh*

I'm going to follow the advice of the dept of slow, and drafting a nice email to send them. I can paste it here for you to copy if you wish lgg.

I'll let you know what I hear back either way.

Assuming I hear something back... at this rate I figure I'll get an email back within 4-5 weeks.

<back to interview>

Timeline

Okay, Varba....

That sounds good. Let us know what you wrote and to whom you sent it and such... maybe we could follow suit and see if we can at least get someone to acknowledge something. To what end, I'm not sure....

Did someone at the consulate really say "You been waiting long time..." Really?

Good god....

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Timeline

I hate to break it you guys, because I know how much it sucks to be waiting, but our interview took over 90 days to schedule. I don't think it's that uncommon, unfortuantely.

I don't really think it's fair to say that Montreal is just making people wait on purpose. They must schedule hundreds of work-based, spousal and family-based immigration visas there on a daily basis. From being on this board now for over 2 years, I can honestly say that every fall/winter, they seem to slow down a lot for scheduling. It must be because a lot of people submit their applications in the late winter/spring and they get an influx.

I'm sure they are trying their best to schedule in as many as they can, but like Udella mentioned, they work bankers hours. And, when they also need manpower to respond to every single email they get, I'm sure they get very busy. That's probably why they say it will take 4-6 months.

You guys will hear something very soon... I'm sure of it!!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Yea apparently her english was very bad. She said something about August 14, I can't imagine it took them a whole month to log my case...

I'm trying to call back to ask when they logged my case, but the wait times are super long today.

Edited by Peachey

12/31/2009 - Marriage

Timeline

hate to say it SapphireD (only for myself)....

But you are right -- for sure. I try to see things from both sides of the coin but it's SO hard to get focused on something else other than the I need THIS NOW!

But your injection of reality is so appreciated.

I hate to break it you guys, because I know how much it sucks to be waiting, but our interview took over 90 days to schedule. I don't think it's that uncommon, unfortuantely.

I don't really think it's fair to say that Montreal is just making people wait on purpose. They must schedule hundreds of work-based, spousal and family-based immigration visas there on a daily basis. From being on this board now for over 2 years, I can honestly say that every fall/winter, they seem to slow down a lot for scheduling. It must be because a lot of people submit their applications in the late winter/spring and they get an influx.

I'm sure they are trying their best to schedule in as many as they can, but like Udella mentioned, they work bankers hours. And, when they also need manpower to respond to every single email they get, I'm sure they get very busy. That's probably why they say it will take 4-6 months.

You guys will hear something very soon... I'm sure of it!!

Um... I am going to sound like a TOTAL dolt here... forgive me, let's move past it once it's done.

You and Varba are bethrothed? He's your fiance????

I had thought Varba was another woman poster...

:|

Yea apparently her english was very bad. She said something about August 14, I can't imagine it took them a whole month to log my case...

I'm trying to call back to ask when they logged my case, but the wait times are super long today.

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Yes, Varba is my fiance :P

12/31/2009 - Marriage

Timeline

Ha!

Boy, I am SO clueless....

:D

Yes, Varba is my fiance :P

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Timeline

@SapphireDreams

Good to know, we were lead to believe that the interview wait was not nearly as extensive as it apparently is. It is frustrating to me especially, as I work in the computer industry and could quite simply create a system where they could feed documents into a scanner and pop out interview assignments.

Then I see people like us, lgg, ect. who wait 3 months just to hear when our interview is and I get very upset.

@lgg

Yes, Peachey is my finacee. I seem to be one of the few male only accounts (ie: not shared) on here, so it's an easy mistake.

And yes, my siggy quote is real, and from the phone today. The lady had very poor english and I found what she said humorous.... even though it hurt.

Email

To: Montreal-IV-DV@state.gov

Subject: Case# <Case #>

Content:

To whom it may concern,

Hello, my name is [petitioner], the petitioner for [petitionee] in a K-1 Finacee immigration visa case number <Case #>.

[petitionee] mailed the completed packet (K1 visa packet 3) to your offices on <Date>. According to our tracking number, it was received on <Date>.

Since that time, we have been anticipating a response in the form of a interview date.

We have been periodically calling the Department of State for an update, as to when our interview date would be, and to date we have always heard that there is no scheduled interview.

Today, the Department of State recommended that since our wait has been excessive, we should contact you directly via email and get an update on our interview status/date.

What is the status of our interview?

Can you provide an estimate on when the interview may be scheduled?

We look forward to your response.

[petitioner] & [petitionee]

<back to interview>

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Varba is a mysterious phantom that shows up randomly then fades away :ph34r:

I have the grandest idea of them all. It beats e-mails and phone calls, hands down. How about we all show up to Montreal and protest outside! We can make creative and catchy yet embarrassing signs that draw attention. Then, at the end of the day, they'll be so annoyed they'll work late and grand you all interviews just to make us go away.

I've already had mine, but I'm into helping! That and I just want an excuse to go back to Montreal..

:D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.