SK&SP

K-1 people waiting for interviews at Montreal

3,179 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Another question: I got a response from the Consulate about the photos for DS 156. Operator 5 said, "You can attach it". I'm not sure if that means I should attach it or I can just bring them with me to the interview. So I fired another e-mail to clarify.

Did anyone attach photos to the DS 156 they sent in in response to P3? Thanks.

Tina

I didnt have to send in the 156, but I didnt send any photos with my packet.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Another question: I got a response from the Consulate about the photos for DS 156. Operator 5 said, "You can attach it". I'm not sure if that means I should attach it or I can just bring them with me to the interview. So I fired another e-mail to clarify.

Tina

It's all very confusing because on one page under photographs, it does say two photos will be requested at the interview. I'm assuming that those are for the two copies of DS 156 they wanted. Therefore if we attached it, we won't need to bring it with us to the interview because they already have it?

Naturalization Journey

----------------------------------------------------

12/18/12 - Send N-400 package to Phoenix Lockbox!

12/21/12 - Delivered and signed for by Fernando Dominguez

12/24/12 - E-mail notification that file sent to NBC (now able to check case status online!)

12/28/12 - E-mail notification that biometrics notice was sent!

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

04/02/13 - Interview! Passed!

May 2013 - Oath Ceremony!

Timeline

Tina

It's all very confusing because on one page under photographs, it does say two photos will be requested at the interview. I'm assuming that those are for the two copies of DS 156 they wanted. Therefore if we attached it, we won't need to bring it with us to the interview because they already have it?

Unless it takes forever to get the interview and they require you to get new photos done...

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

I think I'm just going to send in my DS 156 without the photos and bring them to the interview and see what they say. Hopefully it'll be okay.

Naturalization Journey

12/24/12 - E-mail notification that file sent to NBC (now able to check case status online!)

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Tina

For my DS-156, I just had somebody take a digital picture of me standing in front of a white wall. I cropped the photo in paint and uploaded it onto the application. It was a completely different picture then the ones for the interview and medical. I had those five pictures taken at walmart and I didn’t get a date stamp on any of them. Nobody asked about when the pictures were taken, so that shouldn’t be an issue.

Fall 2004: Met playing Warcraft

Aug 21, 2008: I-129 NOA1

Jan 30, 2009: I-129 NOA2

Mar 23, 2009: Package 3 logged at Mtl. consulate

Jul 15, 2009: Interview

Jul 26, 2009: Moving day!!!!!

Aug 24, 2009: Wedding

Timeline

Tina

For my DS-156, I just had somebody take a digital picture of me standing in front of a white wall. I cropped the photo in paint and uploaded it onto the application. It was a completely different picture then the ones for the interview and medical. I had those five pictures taken at walmart and I didn’t get a date stamp on any of them. Nobody asked about when the pictures were taken, so that shouldn’t be an issue.

I think you are referring to the new DS 160? Yeah, I uploaded one passport photo for that one, too. I think I need to retake the ones for the medical and interview. My original plan was to have three identical ones for the medical and 2 identical ones to stick onto the paper DS 156. Now that plan is out of the question...I'm just hoping that not attaching photos onto the two copies of DS 156 I will send today will deem the application incomplete...

Naturalization Journey

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

Timeline

Tina

I think you are referring to the new DS 160? Yeah, I uploaded one passport photo for that one, too. I think I need to retake the ones for the medical and interview. My original plan was to have three identical ones for the medical and 2 identical ones to stick onto the paper DS 156. Now that plan is out of the question...I'm just hoping that not attaching photos onto the two copies of DS 156 I will send today will deem the application incomplete...

Sorry – mental lapse there- I was thinking of the DS-160.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Tina

Unless it takes forever to get the interview and they require you to get new photos done...

How can you be required to take new photos? How would they know when they were taken?

Either way, photos are NOT "required" in the P3. However, I am sure if they were sent in that would be fine too. Entirely up to you.

=================

K1 Section

=================

Sent I-129F - 03/25/2009

Visa in Hand -11/23/2009

US Entry - 11/26/2009

Wedding - 12/26/2009

=================

AOS Section

=================

AOS, EAD, AP Forms Sent - 01/06/2010

Biometrics - 02/11/2010

EAD/AP Approved - 02/23/2010

--------------------------------

Ceremonial Wedding - 06/17/2010

Timeline

Tina

How can you be required to take new photos? How would they know when they were taken?

Either way, photos are NOT "required" in the P3. However, I am sure if they were sent in that would be fine too. Entirely up to you.

Most photo places stamp the date on the back, that's how they'd know when they were taken

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

After our packet three was returned (with no photos included), our attorney contacted us asking for two photos. They said that the consulate had requested them. I was in the US at the time visiting my fiancé so I had some photos taken there and I sent them to our attorney who then sent them on to Montreal. Those photos were different from the five matching ones I took to the medical and the interview, but that never came up as an issue. So I guess that means that I got a RFE from the consulate for photos. This could have been for the 156, but I’m not sure. Hopefully somebody else who has their K-1 will post what they did.

Timeline

Oh well, I just sent my packet 3 without the photos. Whatever happens, I know I did follow instructions...the photos will be required for the interview.

Naturalization Journey

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

Timeline
Oh well, I just sent my packet 3 without the photos. Whatever happens, I know I did follow instructions...the photos will be required for the interview.

Also, I think when I asked Montreal, Operator 5 said "you can attach the photos", not that "you should attach the photos". I really hate word games. Anyway, I guess I'll call DoS next Friday to see if everything is ok....

Naturalization Journey

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

Let me know what they say. I did not send photos with my Packet either... just that one that was required to upload for the DS 160. I expected that it would be fine to bring them at the interview.

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

With all the CR1's getting interviews next week, I'm hoping us July folks will get our interview dates next week :)

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

With all the CR1's getting interviews next week, I'm hoping us July folks will get our interview dates next week :)

That reminds me... are there any 'August' people? lol I see a lot of us sent P3s in July, and September, but don't remember anyone specifically in August

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.