SK&SP

K-1 people waiting for interviews at Montreal

3,179 posts in this topic

So we don't need to paste our photos on DS 156?

No, I believe they do that at the interview, from what I've read in the reviews.

Ok, I guess that means I am ready to send in my packet 3.

What about the checklist? Do we mark down as "Obtained", including the medical?

Not too sure about that actually.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So here is what I'm sending back:

-Cover letter

-DS 230 part 1

-email response from MTL saying just DS 160 confirmation is fine (in place of DS 160 application copy)

-DS 156K

-Two copies of DS 156 (no photos attached)

-DS 160 confirmation

-checklist

Am I missing anything? Thanks.

Tina

I'm actually worried about the checklist now. Do we just send it signed and dated or check off everything we have so far?

Any insight will be appreciated. Thanks.

Tina

Naturalization Journey

----------------------------------------------------

12/18/12 - Send N-400 package to Phoenix Lockbox!

12/21/12 - Delivered and signed for by Fernando Dominguez

12/24/12 - E-mail notification that file sent to NBC (now able to check case status online!)

12/28/12 - E-mail notification that biometrics notice was sent!

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

04/02/13 - Interview! Passed!

May 2013 - Oath Ceremony!

Timeline

Yes you do say the medical is obtained, because you will have it when you go for the interview. Even if you don't actually have the police cert, med results, you still say you do.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline
Yes you do say the medical is obtained, because you will have it when you go for the interview. Even if you don't actually have the police cert, med results, you still say you do.

So I say "Obtained" for all the ones that apply?

Naturalization Journey

12/24/12 - E-mail notification that file sent to NBC (now able to check case status online!)

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

Hyper, your screen name suits your well.

Yes it's taking a while to get interviews. There are quite a bit of Canadians that are moving to the US I imagine, and the consulate doesn't just do interviews, they deal with Americans in Montreal as well.

Like some one said, join the waiting club. And if someone doesn't respond to your post right away, please be patient, someone will come along and answer you.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Timeline

What's "Evidence of domicile"?

Naturalization Journey

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys! Still praying and hoping all of you get your interview dates soon.

And HYPER, please fill in your timeline so we can all get a better picture of what your situation is like.

Evidence of domcile is proof of where your SO lives.

I just used his pay stubs and the original I-129 papers he filled out and the letter from his work. All those things had the same home address on them so that was fine. They never asked for it though.

Timeline
Hey guys! Still praying and hoping all of you get your interview dates soon.

And HYPER, please fill in your timeline so we can all get a better picture of what your situation is like.

Evidence of domcile is proof of where your SO lives.

I just used his pay stubs and the original I-129 papers he filled out and the letter from his work. All those things had the same home address on them so that was fine. They never asked for it though.

Thanks, domegirl. I guess I'll send my packet today. Hopefully I won't need the photos on the DS 156.

Tina

Naturalization Journey

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

Timeline

I wrote in N/A in the little boxes for all that didn't apply. The Medical thing is that you schedule the medical. And yes -- you'll have plenty of time to get the police check etc. My police check took 5 min.

________

any news???? Oct 1st and I really really like that theory.. lol

K

The police check varies on where you live. Mine took a week, but I can't imagine it would be much longer than that. I know your wait for an interview will be!

I didn't write N/A but I figured they're smart enough to realize that if I didn't check the box for getting court documents, that I didn't need it.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Timeline
The police check varies on where you live. Mine took a week, but I can't imagine it would be much longer than that. I know your wait for an interview will be!

I didn't write N/A but I figured they're smart enough to realize that if I didn't check the box for getting court documents, that I didn't need it.

For our packet 3, there were two columns: one for "Obtained"; another for "does not apply". So no matter what, we needed to put a check mark on everything. There was a weird date of 7/27/09 on it, so I'm assuming that this checklist was of July 27.

Tina

Naturalization Journey

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

Timeline

I wrote in N/A in the little boxes for all that didn't apply. The Medical thing is that you schedule the medical. And yes -- you'll have plenty of time to get the police check etc. My police check took 5 min.

________

any news???? Oct 1st and I really really like that theory.. lol

K

The news for today....no news. Still no interview.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

For our packet 3, there were two columns: one for "Obtained"; another for "does not apply". So no matter what, we needed to put a check mark on everything. There was a weird date of 7/27/09 on it, so I'm assuming that this checklist was of July 27.

Tina

Mine had the same date.

That was probably the last time it was updated.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline

Tina

Mine had the same date.

That was probably the last time it was updated.

Yes, my checklist was an older checklist. glad there are 2 columns, that makes more sense. Every form, if you'll notice, has a version date on it. Montreal has been sending some old forms. Some even have expiry dates... but seriously -- DON'T WORRY about it, if you've sent back a form that has an old version code. In fact, if you send back filled out whatever version Montreal sends you, they probably won't reject it, and certainly you won't be denied an interview date, but you *should* make sure for the interview that you have copies of it all, and fill out a newer version if the form has an expiry date.

I have a tendency to stress out about all the little details -- now that the P3 requirements changed, I kind of freaked out and wondered if I was somehow in a limbo state where Montreal would send me some letter saying my P3 wasn't complete. I believe my P3 is complete as per the checklist instructions. Theoretically if it was required but I didn't send back DS-230 Part II filled out but not signed --wasn't, per my instructions-- knowing that it gets signed at the interview (and DS-160 has related/similar info on it i think), I believe that Montreal will schedule my interview anyway. Ohhh, yes, crossing all the Ts matters, but I've also read how people have the wrong info on some form and it gets corrected at the interview.

Sorry, I'm rambling.

I got the P3 and as I read through it, I realized how actually pretty simple it all was (I'm talking about the checklist pre July 27/09). I just wish I'd gotten it in sooner.

Timeline

Another question: I got a response from the Consulate about the photos for DS 156. Operator 5 said, "You can attach it". I'm not sure if that means I should attach it or I can just bring them with me to the interview. So I fired another e-mail to clarify.

Did anyone attach photos to the DS 156 they sent in in response to P3? Thanks.

Tina

Naturalization Journey

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.