SK&SP

K-1 people waiting for interviews at Montreal

3,179 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
plus the added wrinkle that we considered him taking my cats down before I get my visa -- but it appears that since none of my property can go before me (as i've been reading on these forums), that's buggered too.

Hi KnJ,

There should be no problem with your fiance taking your cats down to their new digs before you move :)

aww, is that a for sure? I think it's what'll have to happen. I'll miss them terribly.

maybe I should have a letter saying I'm giving them to him.. my name is on all their vaccination records.

__

K I just REALLY want to find out. By this Friday. There, universe, deal with that!

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
plus the added wrinkle that we considered him taking my cats down before I get my visa -- but it appears that since none of my property can go before me (as i've been reading on these forums), that's buggered too.

Hi KnJ,

There should be no problem with your fiance taking your cats down to their new digs before you move :)

aww, is that a for sure? I think it's what'll have to happen. I'll miss them terribly.

maybe I should have a letter saying I'm giving them to him.. my name is on all their vaccination records.

__

K I just REALLY want to find out. By this Friday. There, universe, deal with that!

Yeah i'm sure, they are not considered an import like other 'goods' :lol:

Can't hurt to give him a letter to take with him (oh and some feliway!)

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Timeline

We sent our package 3 on June 15, 2009, and are still waiting for our package 4 letter for interview date...We emailed the consulate last week and were told it could be another 3 to 8 weeks before we receive interview letter. Apparently Montreal is quite backlogged and it could take 4 to 6 months from the date they receive package 3 before getting the interview...However, today I noticed that a couple of people who sent their package 3 in after us have gotten their interview dates..one is september 28th and the other october 28th...so who knows how they assign the interviews.. We were told they got scheduled in the order they were received.. however, that does not seem to be the case as far as we can tell since others are getting their interview dates before us.. the one good news at this point is that at least now there is some activity and scheduling going on for those of us who have sent in package 3 after June 1st.. so basically we all must just be patient and wait our turn.. whenever that may be.. for us it is going on 3 and half months of waiting and still waiting.... :whistle: Best wishes to everyone

shirley & roger

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm not expecting to have my interview date before January. Anything earlier is bonus, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I made comittments with work & apartment landlord that I would be here till the end of 2009 for SURE....after that, in 2010, its free game.

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

Timeline
We sent our package 3 on June 15, 2009, and are still waiting for our package 4 letter for interview date...We emailed the consulate last week and were told it could be another 3 to 8 weeks before we receive interview letter. Apparently Montreal is quite backlogged and it could take 4 to 6 months from the date they receive package 3 before getting the interview...However, today I noticed that a couple of people who sent their package 3 in after us have gotten their interview dates..one is september 28th and the other october 28th...so who knows how they assign the interviews.. We were told they got scheduled in the order they were received.. however, that does not seem to be the case as far as we can tell since others are getting their interview dates before us.. the one good news at this point is that at least now there is some activity and scheduling going on for those of us who have sent in package 3 after June 1st.. so basically we all must just be patient and wait our turn.. whenever that may be.. for us it is going on 3 and half months of waiting and still waiting.... :whistle: Best wishes to everyone

shirley & roger

keep us posted.. cause you're supposedly in line before me, and i want to know. Are you waiting for the letter, or are you calling?

It's great that you got an email response from montreal.

:0.

trail, yeah, feliway! i'll write a letter, it will at least make me feel better.

I was hoping to spend Christmas and New Years in the US with my fiance as well, but I gave up on that.

I was looking forward to not having to spend christmas exchanging way too many gifts and having to put that fake smile on my face. I've gotten pretty sick of my family's Christmas. Oh well :lol: I wanted something quiet.

My birthday was pretty close too... would have been the first one together in 6 years, but oh well.

I'd be grateful though if I could get an interview before my apartment's lease is up though, January 15th.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

re: the job thing... I also tried to be nice to people at work and let them know the situation. Mostly because I took a leave in August, and they asked if i was coming back and etc, and it led to me telling them that I will be moving there, and am waiting for paperwork, and don't know exactly when. As a result, I lost my full time status, and any input I have (which they didn't listen to much anyways) is completely null and void, since I am not going to be with the company long term, and I am left out of everything, and they are considering a replacement down the line already anyways. They're already planning my departure.

They all seem to think I'll be gone soon, but I have to explain to them that while I don't know when I'm leaving, I will still have advance notice for them, and I will at least be there until the end of December. There's only so much I can tell them without spending an hour trying to explain the immigration process, and just ending with 'LOOK, I DON'T F'ING KNOW WHEN I'M LEAVING... OK!?!??!?! I SHOULDN'T HAVE EVEN TOLD YOU AT ALL'.... lol

I've given up on Christmas with my fiancé... I was kind of ok with spending it with my parents anyways, since my brother moved this year and they had to sell their house, I didn't want them to be alone this Christmas.

Honestly, I'm starting to get to a point where I don't care when my interview is.. I just NEED to KNOW... I can't do ANYTHING. My fiance and I can't make ANY plans for him to come visit, cause we don't know how far apart things will be spaced.. we can't make any wedding plans, can't make any moving plans, can't make any plans for my parents to travel. I do NOT like my life in limbo. It really irritates me ALOT.

Also, I'm out of a place to stay in January.. I'll likely have to move to my parents house at the start of February and sleep on their couch if I don't have a visa by then. Good times.

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

My boss is actually really cool about the whole visa thing. My contract expires in January anyway, but she said that if I need to stay longer she can extend it for 2 months :)

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Mine are ok with it 'sorta', and are at least not demanding a date and realizing that I need to be flexible... but the problem is that we are severely understaffed, so they will specifically need to get a replacement for me (hence me not really being including with anything)... and there's also a girl there that's pregnant and will be taking her leave in January... lol Talk about timing. It's just frustrating. It's a smallish company, and I don't like being ignored. :lol:

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It's definitely annoying not knowing... my boss and co-workers would literally ask me weekly "when is your interview, when are you moving" and they didn't believe it when I said "I don't know!" It's like they just don't get it.... no one does, unless you're in this situation!!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

It's definitely annoying not knowing... my boss and co-workers would literally ask me weekly "when is your interview, when are you moving" and they didn't believe it when I said "I don't know!" It's like they just don't get it.... no one does, unless you're in this situation!!

Which makes VJ all the more wonderful!!!

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Nope, they don't understand, and it's maddening. I've got 3 weeks left at my job and I can't wait for them to go by.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Timeline

I have decided to *not* tell employers until I have to (standard 2 weeks, or feel out longer, but I doubt it, especially for my main job -- i'm a yoga teacher)

But it's soooo difficult because it's like I'm living all these different lives, and I have to keep track of who I'm not telling, and when I tell someone who could end up telling someone I don't want to know.. which feels so WEIRD because dude, this is a happy occasion! I'm getting married! So why is it a secret? :blink:

I am so glad this forum exists because it all would feel far lonelier, and it's also really helpful to read others lamenting about how it feels like everything in life is on hold/in limbo waiting for this date. Can't plan to move, vacation planning is totally uncertain, figuring out apartment stuff (I'm breaking my lease, trying to find a replacement, and probably selling my car).. all without any idea when anything will actually happen.

I started to try and sort through some paperwork (a year of receipts) and throw stuff out. Halfway through, I decided it would be way more fun to go through all my immigration paperwork and reorganize the binder, put more stuff in sheet protectors, and then label it all with sticky notes. Oh lord please help meeeeeeeee : P

Timeline

people's eyes gloss over even if i try to give some short version

'i'm waiting for a date for an interview in montreal

(oh they get stuck on that one, isn't toronto bigger than montreal?)

once i pass the interview, i will get my visa about a week later.'

(and i'm not explaining what that even means)

So, no. I don't know. I am waiting. Want a cracker?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.