SK&SP

K-1 people waiting for interviews at Montreal

3,179 posts in this topic

Ugh, I've gotten really nervous all of the sudden about this stuff.

I hate having to explain on the paperwork why I was denied at the border.

I mean, I'm sure lots of people get denied for not having the right visa like I did to go to the US, marry and adjust status... but I still freak about it anyway.

I know previous denials don't affect it, and now I'm actually doing it right, but I still get so scared about it.

I keep reading my removal notice over and over to see what it says.

Does anyone know if what's on the paper is the only thing in the computer about the POE denial?

I'm curious to know if the first POE officer types stuff into the computer that you didn't get to know about and sign about.

Whatever you told the POE officer will probably be in the computer file for your denial. As long as you weren't doing anything wrong, you are OK. Just be honest at the interview if they ask what it was all about and you will be OK. I don't know your particular case, but if you have any documents that show proof of what happened, then I would bring those, just in case. You might need to back up that what you are saying is the truth.

Well, I was told (by my mom) that the only thing on file is what I told the secondary customs officer.

I have a copy of the file, and it doesn't mention anything about what I told the first POE officer, just something about how I was a possible 7a... whatever that was.

I guess I have a feeling I'm screwed. I told the first POE officer that I was going to visit a friend, but later ended up telling her I was going down to the US to marry because she saw my ring. Lying out of nervousness, pretty much.

Well, I guess it's my own fault. If that ends up being on the record and I wasn't really told it was, I guess I'll probably get in trouble :wacko:

Maybe I should go see an immigration lawyer.

Edited by Rhiann

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone!

So I filled out and submitted another DS 160 form and printed out the confirmation. What confuses me still is that on the side bar, they explained "nationality" as the place where you were born. I originally put Taiwan, but when I asked Montreal they said it should have been Canadian? Anyway, I filled it out with Canadian. The other little issue was the receipt number. When I asked Montreal, they said it should be the USCIS receipt number. Yet, I have seen some people on VJ put the NVC number. Again, one form has the USCIS number, and the other has the NVC number. Should I just bring both confirmations and the e-mails from Montreal to back them up? Thanks!

Tina

In the instructions for the Packet 3, they request the case number as listed on that letter... which is the number that, for us, begins with MTL**********

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hey everyone!

So I filled out and submitted another DS 160 form and printed out the confirmation. What confuses me still is that on the side bar, they explained "nationality" as the place where you were born. I originally put Taiwan, but when I asked Montreal they said it should have been Canadian? Anyway, I filled it out with Canadian. The other little issue was the receipt number. When I asked Montreal, they said it should be the USCIS receipt number. Yet, I have seen some people on VJ put the NVC number. Again, one form has the USCIS number, and the other has the NVC number. Should I just bring both confirmations and the e-mails from Montreal to back them up? Thanks!

Tina

In the instructions for the Packet 3, they request the case number as listed on that letter... which is the number that, for us, begins with MTL**********

Weird...oh well, I have a back up e-mail from Operator 5. I guess I'll bring that also.

Naturalization Journey

----------------------------------------------------

12/18/12 - Send N-400 package to Phoenix Lockbox!

12/21/12 - Delivered and signed for by Fernando Dominguez

12/24/12 - E-mail notification that file sent to NBC (now able to check case status online!)

12/28/12 - E-mail notification that biometrics notice was sent!

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

04/02/13 - Interview! Passed!

May 2013 - Oath Ceremony!

Danu, no interview yet. Maybe Thursday will be our lucky day!

Is there any particular time of day you'd like me to call?

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Danu, no interview yet. Maybe Thursday will be our lucky day!

Is there any particular time of day you'd like me to call?

I'm kinda thinking you and Danu have it covered... only because Tues and Thurs make the most sense, in a way. Monday seems kind of useless to call (which is what I did yesterday).

I can pinch hit if you like : P

I am sooooo wanting to know!

It's been 54 days since I expedited P3. Please mommy, I want a date! :hehe:

Timeline

Quick question, does Montreal send Packet 3 by regular mail and is it just the regular sized envelope? Thanks!

Tina

Naturalization Journey

----------------------------------------------------

12/18/12 - Send N-400 package to Phoenix Lockbox!

12/21/12 - Delivered and signed for by Fernando Dominguez

12/24/12 - E-mail notification that file sent to NBC (now able to check case status online!)

12/28/12 - E-mail notification that biometrics notice was sent!

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

04/02/13 - Interview! Passed!

May 2013 - Oath Ceremony!

It is regular mail, but they don't fold it. so it's like a letter size envelope.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

That's good to know.

I live in the countryside and we get our mail in one of those mail boxes at the end of the road... and the post office closes at 5pm, and it takes till like 5pm to even get home :lol:

So I'm thankful P3 is going to fit in my mailbox.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Timeline

Argh. This whole waiting game is making me depressed.

My fiancée's parents want to send out the invitations now, and I'm faced with either telling them to go ahead or telling them to wait... they're convinced, however, that I'll have the interview in time and that we're just making a big deal out of nothing. I think they have much more faith in the American government than I do.

DoS won't tell me anything now other than "no interview date set". They refuse to give estimates.

I-129F / K-1 / AOS:

2009-02-21: Sent I-129F package to VSC

2009-11-09: Interview in Montreal - VISA GRANTED!

2009-11-21: POE - Moved to be with my fiancee :)

2010-01-23: Married!

2010-02-19: Sent I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), I-131 (AP) package to Chicago Lockbox

2010-03-01: NOA1

2010-03-16: Transferred to CSC!

2010-03-24: Biometrics in Buffalo

2010-04-21: AOS APPROVED!

2010-04-27: Received I-797 Approval / Welcome to America letter for AOS

2010-04-30: Received Green Card

ROC:

2012-03-12: Sent I-751 package to VSC

2012-03-13: I-751 package arrived at VSC (Hi D. Renaud!)

2012-03-14: NOA1

2012-03-15: I-751 check cashed

2012-03-19: Received NOA1

2012-03-27: Received biometrics appt. notice for 2012-04-19 in Buffalo

2012-04-09: Successful early walk-in biometrics at Cleveland ASC

2012-12-04: I-751 APPROVED / 10 YR GC PRODUCTION ORDERED!

Naturalization:

2015-11-30: Here we go again: Filling out the N-400

2015-12-21: Sent N-400 to Phoenix AZ Lockbox

2015-12-23: NOA Date

2016-01-20: Biometrics in Cleveland

2016-01-25: In-line for interview

2016-01-25: Interview scheduled!

2016-01-29: Received interview letter! Scheduled for...

2016-02-29: Interview in Cleveland - APPROVED!

2016-03-18: Naturalization ceremony in Cleveland! I am a US Citizen!

Timeline

My fiancée's parents want to send out the invitations now, and I'm faced with either telling them to go ahead or telling them to wait... they're convinced, however, that I'll have the interview in time and that we're just making a big deal out of nothing. I think they have much more faith in the American government than I do.

DoS won't tell me anything now other than "no interview date set". They refuse to give estimates.

Yeah, DOS doesn't really know anything about when MTL might have open dates unfortunately.

Peachy, I usually call in the afternoon, just incase they finally scheduled in the morning :lol: One of these days they are going to tell us a date and we will both have a heart attack from disbelief.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

That's a tough one... USCIS clearly tells us NOT to make any wedding/moving plans until we have the visa in hand.... you never know what type of delays or issues can come up at the interview. Not trying to worry you, but that's why I didn't plan the wedding ahead of time... the fear of sending out invites and then being rejected at the interview or having a late interview just made me bag the whole thing. Can you at least wait until you have the date before sending out the invites?

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

A co-worker of mine asked me today if I had picked out a date for my last day (i.e. When I'm quitting). As if I have a choice!!

But that brings up a point... I plan to move IMMEDIATELY after getting my visa. I was hoping to have some time between the interview and the move date, but now I don't think I will, given that it's taking SO F'ING LONG for Montreal to book interviews. I want to move in January ideally, so there's not much choice... anyways... Now I'm concerned about when to actually quit. Cause it's not like I can say I'm going to quit, have them find a replacement, and then be like 'oops, I failed, I need my job back'. lol I also don't want to be like 'ok yes, I'm officially quitting now, because I got my visa'... :wacko:

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Timeline
A co-worker of mine asked me today if I had picked out a date for my last day (i.e. When I'm quitting). As if I have a choice!!

But that brings up a point... I plan to move IMMEDIATELY after getting my visa. I was hoping to have some time between the interview and the move date, but now I don't think I will, given that it's taking SO F'ING LONG for Montreal to book interviews. I want to move in January ideally, so there's not much choice... anyways... Now I'm concerned about when to actually quit. Cause it's not like I can say I'm going to quit, have them find a replacement, and then be like 'oops, I failed, I need my job back'. lol I also don't want to be like 'ok yes, I'm officially quitting now, because I got my visa'... :wacko:

Can you give 2 weeks notice (the standard) as soon as you are back to work from your interview? When you say immediately, do you mean the day after?

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Well, you should be able to give them at least 2-4 weeks, since I've read that usually when your interview is booked it's about a month later.

I told my boss sometime in January.

When I first started this process I thought it'd be November.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.