SK&SP

K-1 people waiting for interviews at Montreal

3,179 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Does anyone have any advice for the picture portion of the DS-160?

I scanned in one of my US passport photos and it's 2 x 2 inches and wont accept it.

Do we HAVE to attach it or can we give it at the interview?

You can bring it to the interview. I don't remember who, but someone e-mailed Montreal a few months ago and asked because their picture didn't work. I just had my husband take a picture of me in front of a white wall, shrunk it down, and the program accepted it. It was all grainy and had shadows, but it worked.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have any advice for the picture portion of the DS-160?

I scanned in one of my US passport photos and it's 2 x 2 inches and wont accept it.

Do we HAVE to attach it or can we give it at the interview?

You can bring it to the interview. I don't remember who, but someone e-mailed Montreal a few months ago and asked because their picture didn't work. I just had my husband take a picture of me in front of a white wall, shrunk it down, and the program accepted it. It was all grainy and had shadows, but it worked.

I'll email Montreal to double check about this.

Thanks.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Oh nevermind.

I tried a different one and it passed.

Well, that's a headache off my mind :lol:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Timeline

Called DoS again today, and apparently Montreal still has not logged in our number..... :unsure:

Tried to e-mail Montreal and haven't gotten a response from them, either...

Oh, I hate the wait.......

Tina

Naturalization Journey

----------------------------------------------------

12/18/12 - Send N-400 package to Phoenix Lockbox!

12/21/12 - Delivered and signed for by Fernando Dominguez

12/24/12 - E-mail notification that file sent to NBC (now able to check case status online!)

12/28/12 - E-mail notification that biometrics notice was sent!

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

04/02/13 - Interview! Passed!

May 2013 - Oath Ceremony!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
On another note, I didn't find the staff at DoS to be too friendly. Maybe because I've been calling them too soon to check if they have received my file? From DHL, I know it reached the consulate yesterday. Someone named MAMEDOV signed for it, but I suppose them it takes them a couple of days just to process it? The lady said it could take a week??

I guess I'm just a bit anxious right now. I want things to go smoothly...

Tina

Just so you know, it takes just about a week (7 days or 5 business days) for them to accept and THEN process (get you in the system). I almost went berserk when I knew they had received my husband's file, but called and they knew nothing about it!!! But, that was on a Wednesday (received on a Tuesday), and the following Tuesday afternoon (don't call in the morning... they're finishing from the previous day) we were in the system. Afternoons are always best. I think they spend time in the morning inoutting the information. ;)

So... lay back, take a load off... you've got about a week. (I know... easier said than done!! Trust me, I DO know... I've already been there and it almost seems like it doesn't mater what others say, you always need to double check with the MTL office. LOLOL)

as far as I know you can just refill out the form with the right info and bring in the confirmation page and application page from the one that is correct. I believe someone else had an issue when they were filling theirs out and that thats what they were told to do, just refill and bring the right one.

Yes, just whichever one is the LAST one completed, that is the one on file, and that is the one to print out and bring with you. :)

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline
Called DoS again today, and apparently Montreal still has not logged in our number..... :unsure:

Tina

Lol. I know it sucks but at the same time, if you are driving yourself this crazy over waiting to get P3 when its only been a week since NVC sent your info to MTL, you are going to drive yourself nuts by the time it comes to interview (and probably drive DOS crazy too because they can't see anything yet). It usually takes MTL about 2 hours - 3 days to respond but they are the only ones you're going to get an answer from for a bit. They can't see anything until MTL logs your package from NVC and sends you P3, which can take about 2 weeks from the time NVC sent it. I recommend taking a deep breath, and waiting till the end of the week. if you havent heard anything from MTL by then, email them again. If you look, my info got sent to MTL on the 16th of June, and they didnt send my P3 till the 23rd, so about a whole week.

Edited by Danu

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline
On another note, I didn't find the staff at DoS to be too friendly. Maybe because I've been calling them too soon to check if they have received my file? From DHL, I know it reached the consulate yesterday. Someone named MAMEDOV signed for it, but I suppose them it takes them a couple of days just to process it? The lady said it could take a week??

I guess I'm just a bit anxious right now. I want things to go smoothly...

Tina

Just so you know, it takes just about a week (7 days or 5 business days) for them to accept and THEN process (get you in the system). I almost went berserk when I knew they had received my husband's file, but called and they knew nothing about it!!! But, that was on a Wednesday (received on a Tuesday), and the following Tuesday afternoon (don't call in the morning... they're finishing from the previous day) we were in the system. Afternoons are always best. I think they spend time in the morning inoutting the information. ;)

So... lay back, take a load off... you've got about a week. (I know... easier said than done!! Trust me, I DO know... I've already been there and it almost seems like it doesn't mater what others say, you always need to double check with the MTL office. LOLOL)

as far as I know you can just refill out the form with the right info and bring in the confirmation page and application page from the one that is correct. I believe someone else had an issue when they were filling theirs out and that thats what they were told to do, just refill and bring the right one.

Yes, just whichever one is the LAST one completed, that is the one on file, and that is the one to print out and bring with you. :)

Thanks for the encouragement. It's harder for me now because I'll be out of a job soon. Because of that, it's kind of tough to find another job for 2-3 months. I'll try again in a couple of days.

Tina

Naturalization Journey

12/24/12 - E-mail notification that file sent to NBC (now able to check case status online!)

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Tina

I'm still waiting, and I sent p3 end of July.. some who sent around same time already have an interview date.

I'm not sure -- if I'm calling DoS and they say 'no interview scheduled' there's no chance I'll get it in the mail, right?

haha I'm checking mail way too often.

I also didn't find the lady to be that friendly, but whatever. I hope one day I will call and there the date will be :blink:

I figure I'll call twice a week. This was my first call, and I was so nervous!

It's been 7 weeks.. evidently if there's no date I'd imagine they'd not bother to respond. or they aren't responding at all to inquiries of this sort. (since it's taking the time to look it up as much as responding with a "no" that's time consuming)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Tina

Lol. I know it sucks but at the same time, if you are driving yourself this crazy over waiting to get P3 when its only been a week since NVC sent your info to MTL, you are going to drive yourself nuts by the time it comes to interview (and probably drive DOS crazy too because they can't see anything yet). It usually takes MTL about 2 hours - 3 days to respond but they are the only ones you're going to get an answer from for a bit. They can't see anything until MTL logs your package from NVC and sends you P3, which can take about 2 weeks from the time NVC sent it. I recommend taking a deep breath, and waiting till the end of the week. if you havent heard anything from MTL by then, email them again. If you look, my info got sent to MTL on the 16th of June, and they didnt send my P3 till the 23rd, so about a whole week.

Again, always go for the contact in the afternoon. WHen I was at this point in the process, I'd email no earlier than 2 or 3pm. When I'd email later in the day, I'd get responses back sooner. Think about your email box... those on top probably get answered first... whether they are newer or not. The waiting for the unknown, is the WORST!!! But, everything happens in time. Just not in the time span that we typically want it to happen. Keep your chin up!!! :)

Edited by July09Bride

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline

It took me 3 days short of a month for our case to be sent to NVC, processed through NVC, sent to Montreal, for Montreal to pick up the case and log it, and then for me to receive the Packet 3 from Montreal. I wasn't stuck in AP at NVC or anything like that, it just took quite a while. They can be rather slow! There's no need to worry or panic, its all a very long and very hard waiting game right now. I understand and it totally sucks, but it will happen for you before you know it!

Timeline

So as an update, I e-mailed Montreal again around 2PM and I have been getting responses. I filled out in error the DS 160 and submitted it. One operator said don't worry about it and another one said to fill out new forms. I guess I'll go with fill out new forms?

Also, in terms of receipt number, Operator 1 said they want the USCIS number, which I find to be strange because they don't get the USCIS number. They get the NVC number, don't they?

Tina

Naturalization Journey

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

Timeline

Another thing I should point out is that they've been pretty good at avoiding my question of whether they have received my case yet. Hmmmm....

Naturalization Journey

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

Timeline
Another thing I should point out is that they've been pretty good at avoiding my question of whether they have received my case yet. Hmmmm....

The reason why is because until its actually logged I don't think the ops can see it. So if its in a pile waiting to be logged they wouldn't per say know that the have recieved it yet (much the same with once you send your P3 back, they can't confirm its recieved until its logged, again usually takes about a week or two to do so. I would definately go with the one with the right information, I wouldn't trust the one who says don't worry about it, cuz that information is scanned into the system and used in your file and would have your wrong nationality on there.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)

Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

I'm probably not even going to bother with Montreal until the end of the month.

I'm sort of expecting Packet 3 maybe by the end of the week, but otherwise I probably wont bug them till the 29th or 30th.

Timeline
I'm probably not even going to bother with Montreal until the end of the month.

I'm sort of expecting Packet 3 maybe by the end of the week, but otherwise I probably wont bug them till the 29th or 30th.

Probably a good plan. I'd say if you don't recieve your packet latestly by the 9th of October to definately send them an email asking if its already been sent and when, and if its been over 2 weeks request them to send it again. Hopefully none of your packets get lost in the mail *crosses her fingers* Its one of the reasons I'm calling DOS every week about my interview cuz I'm afraid P4 won't show up with what happened to the first P3.

Edited by Danu

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~

Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.