SK&SP

K-1 people waiting for interviews at Montreal

3,179 posts in this topic

I'm calling the DOS to see if they have an interview date for me yet and man, they talk a lot before they let you actually talk to someone.

Whoa and while I'm on hold it's silent....

Aw, no interview date yet. I'll try again next week.

Edited by Peachey

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

yeah just keep trying hopefully you get it soon guys!!

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Well we got an email reply from Montreal. They said sorry but August was all booked up as of this week, but she said we were on the list to get an interview in September. So we are hoping they will give us one of the first interviews in September. :star:

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Timeline
Well we got an email reply from Montreal. They said sorry but August was all booked up as of this week, but she said we were on the list to get an interview in September. So we are hoping they will give us one of the first interviews in September. :star:

Hmm interesting. I wonder....do they really do the schedulings the 2nd week of the month or is that just all made up?

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

if august is booked up already im kind of curious as to how they give out the " interviews " they only accept a certain amount of people in a day? if so then no matter what number you are in line you WILL be interviewd on that day as they have the alotted time for you? never really looked into how it worked and now im curious lol.

edit - cant sleep im already excited lol.. appologize to thos who didnt get theirs in august tho. also i was to the acurate today and there was HUGE line ups.. the woman told me the exchange rate was good that day, picked up the money for the interview cost plsu a lil extra incase of that 6$ fee or more at POE.

Edited by Inky

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Well Inky got notification of an interview date for August this week, so how can it be they only schedule interviews the second week of the month? Also, our email said the calendar for August closed LAST WEEK, but this week they made an appointment for them for August. Maybe because of their expedite request they were able to make a special consideration, but it makes you wonder how truthful they are in what they tell you. Maybe they just say stuff so you will go away and leave them alone. ;-)

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hmm interesting. I wonder....do they really do the schedulings the 2nd week of the month or is that just all made up?

It's just a theory, it's not a proven fact or anything. I actually don't think they do. But, I do think they schedule them in batches.

As for a limit per day, they probably have an amount they can get through per day - I believe they give everyone the same time (8:30 or 9:00) and then it's first come, first serve.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

Im seeing in some posts from june on the reviews that montreal asked for the DS-156 forms, do I need thos? it wasnt on my check list only the DS-160 was on the check list and requesting 2 copys of that. Im kind of confused now if i need this form or not. it looks almost exactly like the DS-160 only it has less to fill out than the 160 but same barcode type thing on it.

Timeline

I filled one out just incase, as I've been told that they still ask for it in P4. This way if I need it, I have it...if I don't, I still have it lol.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline
Im seeing in some posts from june on the reviews that montreal asked for the DS-156 forms, do I need thos? it wasnt on my check list only the DS-160 was on the check list and requesting 2 copys of that. Im kind of confused now if i need this form or not. it looks almost exactly like the DS-160 only it has less to fill out than the 160 but same barcode type thing on it.

Yeah you do need the DS 156. They will notify you in your interview letter (packet 4) that you need to fill it out and bring it! If you have a copy of your DS 160 form sitting around somewhere pull it out, because most of the questions are the same or quite similar. Its really strange how they want both!

For the interview date, I got mine the last week of the month. I know it was scheduled that week because I called that Wednesday and had nothing, then I called Friday and suddenly had a date! So the 2nd week of the month thing is bogus. And you're right Inky, they only give so many interviews a day and you're guaranteed to have it then, as long as you don't show up at like noon and expect them to drop everything for you (not sure what would happen then.) The earlier you show up, the least you'll need to wait, that's all. Ignore the time on your letter!

Timeline

so i just got my letter from montreal for my interview date, on the letter it says

Your interview date and time is printed at the bottom of this letter.

I read on and get to the bottom of the letter and.. the interview date and time is NOT printed anywhereon this letter.

great... first the income i noticed now this lol.. im dying

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello everybody!

Am I the only one with an interview this week? I'm a bit nervous since we just realized that we needed a co-sponsor....the household threw me off since I was thinking more of a physical household, but it's in fact ALL dependents....so hopefully my SO can have these papers here for me before my interview on Friday.....

Looking forward to the interview...I'm not nervous, just excited!

129F

14 Oct 2008 --- I-129F sent to VSC

17 Oct 2008 ---- NOA1 (rec'd Oct.23rd)

17 Mar 2009 ---- NOA2 151days (rec'd Mar.21st)

31 Jul 2009 ---- Interview - APPROVED!! (visa rec'd Aug.5th)

16 Aug 2009 ---- BIG MOVE!!!! So many conflicting emotions!

21 Aug 2009 --- marriage - civil ceremony

AOS, EAD, AP

13 Oct 2009 --- sent to Chicago Lockbox

18 Nov 2009 -- Bio app. for AOS and EAD (Rec'd Nov. 2nd)

18 Dec 2009 --- AP and EAD APPROVED!!!! (AP rec'd Dec. 29th; EAD rec'd Dec. 31st)

15 Jan 2010 --- AOS transfered to CSC!!

19 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

22 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

25 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

17 June 2010 ---AOS touched

18 June 2010 ---AOS touched

10 July 2010 --- AOS touched

12 July 2010 --- Letter to welcome new permanent resident and card ordered

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
For the interview date, I got mine the last week of the month. I know it was scheduled that week because I called that Wednesday and had nothing, then I called Friday and suddenly had a date! So the 2nd week of the month thing is bogus. And you're right Inky, they only give so many interviews a day and you're guaranteed to have it then, as long as you don't show up at like noon and expect them to drop everything for you (not sure what would happen then.) The earlier you show up, the least you'll need to wait, that's all. Ignore the time on your letter!

What number are you calling? Is it a live person or some automated system?

And how soon after you sent in the paperwork from P3 did you get the interview date? I'm seeing 2 months on avg from people sigs.

Timeline
Hello everybody!

Am I the only one with an interview this week? I'm a bit nervous since we just realized that we needed a co-sponsor....the household threw me off since I was thinking more of a physical household, but it's in fact ALL dependents....so hopefully my SO can have these papers here for me before my interview on Friday.....

Looking forward to the interview...I'm not nervous, just excited!

let us know how it goes ruby!! my interview is coming up, i thought we needed a co-sponcer too but most of the adivce im getting says otherwise and that it will be fine.. nervous but just going to go with it and see what happens. really interested to see how it goes for you there tho! good luck!!!

Timeline

What number are you calling? Is it a live person or some automated system?

And how soon after you sent in the paperwork from P3 did you get the interview date? I'm seeing 2 months on avg from people sigs.

202-663-1225. Its automated but there is nothing in the options to really help you. I would always just press 0 and speak directly to an operator.

For me personally, I sent back my packet 3 February 18th (no idea when it was officially logged) and I relieved my interview date on March 27th by calling DOS. My actual interview was April 29th. So overall I waited just over 5 weeks... I think that's pretty typical.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.