SK&SP

K-1 people waiting for interviews at Montreal

3,179 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
So... I know posts have been made re: contacting the Montreal Consulate regarding their interview date (before the interview letter is sent out).

My question is this: do I contact this email address-Montreal-IV-DV@state.gov (with my case # etc...)? Or is there a better way to go about finding out my interview date?

Any and all info is appreciated-thanks!

The consulate will not tell you your interview date via e-mail, they just send a standard reply that your package 3 has been received and that you are on the waiting list. Best way to find out about your interview date is by calling the Department of State. Sorry I don;t have there number right now, but will repost it later, unless someoen else has it first :)

Actually, If you e-mail the consulate and ask if you have an interview date yet, and you actually do, they will tell you!

But, a better way is to call DOS: 202-663-1225

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
My Fiance got his visa today :) YEAH!!! The move for next week is a go, I can't wait!!

Wow...that's awesome!!! hope the POE goes smoothly!

My Fiance got his visa today :) YEAH!!! The move for next week is a go, I can't wait!!

So fast! Guess it's good to live right across the "bridge" :lol: .

Can't track my package yet.

we checked it around 1030 AM and it was in Toronto, out for delivery! SWEEET! (we weren't back here in time to get it, so we will have it tomorrow or Monday, whenever TG gets to the Postoffice !!! YAY!1!!

Great news! So I guess your travel plans will work out perfectly...that's great!

129F

14 Oct 2008 --- I-129F sent to VSC

17 Oct 2008 ---- NOA1 (rec'd Oct.23rd)

17 Mar 2009 ---- NOA2 151days (rec'd Mar.21st)

31 Jul 2009 ---- Interview - APPROVED!! (visa rec'd Aug.5th)

16 Aug 2009 ---- BIG MOVE!!!! So many conflicting emotions!

21 Aug 2009 --- marriage - civil ceremony

AOS, EAD, AP

13 Oct 2009 --- sent to Chicago Lockbox

18 Nov 2009 -- Bio app. for AOS and EAD (Rec'd Nov. 2nd)

18 Dec 2009 --- AP and EAD APPROVED!!!! (AP rec'd Dec. 29th; EAD rec'd Dec. 31st)

15 Jan 2010 --- AOS transfered to CSC!!

19 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

22 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

25 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

17 June 2010 ---AOS touched

18 June 2010 ---AOS touched

10 July 2010 --- AOS touched

12 July 2010 --- Letter to welcome new permanent resident and card ordered

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

we checked it around 1030 AM and it was in Toronto, out for delivery! SWEEET! (we weren't back here in time to get it, so we will have it tomorrow or Monday, whenever TG gets to the Postoffice !!! YAY!1!!

Great news! So I guess your travel plans will work out perfectly...that's great!

Great News!! We picked up the visa at the post office today! :thumbs: OMG!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY! It was really cool for me to experience receiving the visa with TorontoGuy - Fiona was there too. POE countdown! 4 days! :dance: :dance: :dance:

[font="Arial Black"][b]Our Visa Journey[/b][/font]
[color="#4B0082"]Met June 6, 2008 & Fell in love :)
He Propsed! September 15, 2008
Mailed I-129F: October 17th, 2008
[b]NOA1: October 28, 2008[/b]
[b]NOA2: March 13th, 2009 * Friday the 13th!*[/b]
NVC Received: April 2, 2009
NVC Shipped to Montreal Consulate: April 3, 2009
Montreal Consulate Received: April 6, 2009
Packet 3 Sent: April 9th, 2009
4/21: Contacted DoS RE lost packet 3 - operator told us to go ahead and send in all our documents
Packet 3 Received in Montreal: 4/22
Packet 3 logged in MTL: 4/24
Packet 4: June 3, 2009
[b]Interview Date: July 8, 2009!! APPROVED![/b]
POE & Date: July 15, 2009
Courthouse wedding: July 17, 2009

Ceremonial Wedding: First weekend June 2010 [/color]

I WISH I COULD FIX MY TIMELINE TOO! :)

[b]Getting it all together for the AOS :) [/b]

Timeline

Hi all, I know this has been talked about before but I don't want to go back and search through this very long thread. Which street is the door to the consulate on? I'd like to get there early and get in line and I want to make sure I go to the right place. Are there any identifying signs or markers near the door?

Fall 2004: Met playing Warcraft

Aug 21, 2008: I-129 NOA1

Jan 30, 2009: I-129 NOA2

Mar 23, 2009: Package 3 logged at Mtl. consulate

Jul 15, 2009: Interview

Jul 26, 2009: Moving day!!!!!

Aug 24, 2009: Wedding

Timeline
Hi all, I know this has been talked about before but I don't want to go back and search through this very long thread. Which street is the door to the consulate on? I'd like to get there early and get in line and I want to make sure I go to the right place. Are there any identifying signs or markers near the door?

Hi! The door is on St. Alexandre - the building is a tall dark grey granite building on the corner of St. Alexandre and Rene Levesque - turn uphill on St. Alexandre and the door is an unassuming side-entrance, but there is a US Consulate emblem above the door. :-) Good luck!

4/21: Contacted DoS RE lost packet 3 - operator told us to go ahead and send in all our documents

Timeline

Hi! The door is on St. Alexandre - the building is a tall dark grey granite building on the corner of St. Alexandre and Rene Levesque - turn uphill on St. Alexandre and the door is an unassuming side-entrance, but there is a US Consulate emblem above the door. :-) Good luck!

Awesome, thanks Kristin!

Timeline

Awesome, thanks Kristin!

:thumbs: not a problem!

Timeline

Great News!! We picked up the visa at the post office today! :thumbs: OMG!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY! It was really cool for me to experience receiving the visa with TorontoGuy - Fiona was there too. POE countdown! 4 days! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Congratulation everyone!! I think I am the last one that get the visa for the July 8ers, just got it this morning at work. It shows that the visa was issued on July 10 and mailed out on July 13 :) Wish everyone a smooth move and a wonderful wedding!!

So... I know posts have been made re: contacting the Montreal Consulate regarding their interview date (before the interview letter is sent out).

My question is this: do I contact this email address-Montreal-IV-DV@state.gov (with my case # etc...)? Or is there a better way to go about finding out my interview date?

The consulate will not tell you your interview date via e-mail, they just send a standard reply that your package 3 has been received and that you are on the waiting list. Best way to find out about your interview date is by calling the Department of State. Sorry I don;t have there number right now, but will repost it later, unless someoen else has it first :)

Actually, If you e-mail the consulate and ask if you have an interview date yet, and you actually do, they will tell you!

thanks to you both-a grand number to have. they have my stuff, it's approved (words the DOS lady used) for further processing as of June 16th... Now it's just waiting for the letter.

How much notice to they give people re: the letter? A week's notice...a month?

Timeline

packet 3 sent off finally and now waiting for interview dates to be sent! i booked my medical early just incase too ~

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

thanks to you both-a grand number to have. they have my stuff, it's approved (words the DOS lady used) for further processing as of June 16th... Now it's just waiting for the letter.

How much notice to they give people re: the letter? A week's notice...a month?

You mean, how much notice do they give you for the interview? Normally its around a month. There have been cases where people only had 2-3 weeks however, so be prepared! We called DOS once a week, just to be sure. They usually don't send the letter out on the same day they set the interview date, and there have been cases where people didn't even receive their interview letter so they had no idea they had a date without calling. This is rare but things do get lost in the mail every now and then! Good luck with everything! :)

Timeline

@ hugglebuggles

if you dont get the letter how do you get in for your appointment? I thought you had to have it to get inside? can you bring something else as proof then if you dont have it?

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Timeline
@ hugglebuggles

if you dont get the letter how do you get in for your appointment? I thought you had to have it to get inside? can you bring something else as proof then if you dont have it?

Well, if you know your date and know you should have a letter within a couple days and never receive it, then you have the time to contact Montreal and ask for a new letter. Others have printed out an e-mail from Montreal confirming their interview date and have been let in with that.

Timeline

ohhh okay cool

Timeline

I had my interview yesterday and the visa was approved!! I really don’t have anything to add about the interview itself as my experience was similar to everyone else’s. It was very simple, they didn’t ask many questions at all: how did we meet? what does my fiancé do for a living? have I ever been arrested? and I was asked about the time I was denied entry at the border (lack of ties to Canada); and they didn’t want any of my evidence of an ongoing relationship (other then my updated letter of intent from my fiancé). All of the people I dealt with were friendly, and the view of Montreal from up there was fantastic.

I do have some bus info for anybody who is flying into Montreal. The airport shuttle bus to downtown costs $16, but you can take the regular city bus for $2.75 (have exact change). The bus stop is right outside the terminal near where you get the tickets for the shuttle bus. Take bus #204 which will stop at a bus terminal not far away, then switch to bus #211. This one will stop right outside the XX metro station where you can then use the same ticket from the bus (it’s valid for 2 hours for connections) to get on the metro to your final destination. It’s not a lot of money to save, but if you’re taking the shuttle/metro anyhow it might be worth while.

It’s such a relief to finally be finished. Good luck to those still waiting, like other people have commented, this really was the easiest part of the process so far.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.