SK&SP

K-1 people waiting for interviews at Montreal

3,179 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
how can you still be denyed entry if you have a valid legal K-1 visa? Iv never heard of this.

They mean denied entry before being issued a visa... going to the US as a regular visitor

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
how can you still be denyed entry if you have a valid legal K-1 visa? Iv never heard of this.

They mean denied entry before being issued a visa... going to the US as a regular visitor

tpr said this in thier post tho " I am even more afraid of when I cross the border to move to the States, even having a valid K1 visa.. because the Border Patrol Officer can still deny me. "

i dont see how that means entry as a regular visitor seems as tho it means entry with her k1 visa.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline
Thanks for the congratulations everyone, my visa just arrived!!!! It’s all getting pretty real now :D

omg ty for posting that sparky..about them asking about the entry refusal. I was so worried about this as i was refused entry back in december for the same reason and was worried it might delay my whole visa approval and everything!

As for the bus stop there are two ..one goes to dorval train station which is the stop close by with all the busses to downtown, the other goes to the fairview mall in west island. Just ask the driver which way hes headed as you cant really tell on the buss itself.

congratulations on the approval!

Kimbear you have nothing to worry about. The customs officer who stopped me made it very clear that this would have no affect on the visa. During the interview at the consulate I was asked to explain what happened so I rhymed off what our moving plan/intentions had been and that was it. There were no further questions, and I wasn’t lectured or interrogated about it in any way at all.

I'm very happy to hear that you werent interrogated too badly when you were refused entry before. I have been literally freaking out about moving to the States because when I entered back in Sept 08 I was interrogated for at least 3 hours at the Buffalo border about my ties back to Canada and they thought I was intending to move to the United States permanently. They stamped an "n/c" on my passport which I found out later meant that I could not change my status while in the States. They also typed everything I said into their computer which I am guessing has been red flagged into ther system, beside my passport number. I'm concerned that when I go to Montreal for my interview next week, that they will ask a lot of questions regarding that because it will be tagged in the system, also I am even more afraid of when I cross the border to move to the States, even having a valid K1 visa.. because the Border Patrol Officer can still deny me. Has anyone else had a similar situation happen to them? Also, does anyone have a suggestion of a Hotel that is close to, or across from the Montreal Consulate? Thanks everyone!!

hehe umm each time i was stopped it was for 3-4 hours as well..my fiance was with me and they interogated him too and he is the USC. fingerprinted and photographed twice i was...first time it happend we thought i was being arrested. both of these were at land crossings, one in montreal champlain, and the other was at sarnia ontario.

Just be truthful in your interview. And i dont think you'll have a problem once you get the visa. by that time police checks etc have been done proving you are ok.

As for hotels..there area a few review around here, most were found i belive on hotwire for really cheap..Le nouvel? i think is one that was recomended and fairly cheap like 80$ a day.

HWDWm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

tpr said this in thier post tho " I am even more afraid of when I cross the border to move to the States, even having a valid K1 visa.. because the Border Patrol Officer can still deny me. "

i dont see how that means entry as a regular visitor seems as tho it means entry with her k1 visa.

Because technically speaking, even though the Consulate has given us a Visa to enter, it is still ultimately up to the Border Guards to allow us entry into the country. They technically have the final say. But honestly, I don't think I've ever read one case that was denied entry with a K1 visa in hand.

When I entered, I got the third degree, but ultimately when you've been approved for a visa, they really have no reason to keep you back. I wouldn't really worry about it at all.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

it's about the future..when she eventually does get the visa. technically yes cbp can still decide to say no. although i've never read a case where they have refused.

and yes sparky and my posts were about being denied as regular visitors to the USA.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Speaking of interview dates..have any For August been done yet? I can't rembmer where i read / heard about this..but the system only lets them book interviews for 6 weeks at a time? they cannot book further than that in advance?

Just trying to figure out once i'm approved ( hopefully any day now grr argh :P ) when the likely interview would be. Was hoping originally for poe sept 6th our anniversary, but based on stephs (danu) timeline and wait so far for her interview, i'm thinking i'll be lucky if I get to David by Christmas....which ironically would make one year that we have been apart..

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Sorry if I am coming off a little paranoid lol I have heard that the Border Patrol people do have the power to not allow you to enter the States even though you have gone through the k1 visa process, but luckily from the sounds of it, they havent banned anyone yet. Sweet! I think I am going to fly from Toronto to Chicago so I wonder if there is any pro's or con's to going through customs at an airport instead of driving through? It will be the same weekend as Lollapollooza so I am guessing things will be a little hectic and maybe it'll inevitably speed up the process. Thank you very much for the Hotel Le Nouval suggestion, I will check it out!

Timeline
Speaking of interview dates..have any For August been done yet? I can't rembmer where i read / heard about this..but the system only lets them book interviews for 6 weeks at a time? they cannot book further than that in advance?

Just trying to figure out once i'm approved ( hopefully any day now grr argh :P ) when the likely interview would be. Was hoping originally for poe sept 6th our anniversary, but based on stephs (danu) timeline and wait so far for her interview, i'm thinking i'll be lucky if I get to David by Christmas....which ironically would make one year that we have been apart..

I have this feeling you will get your NOA2 soon, and for some reason I think you will get it in the mail instead of online. Digging through the timelines it looks as if most K1's for May were done this month, so that would leave May/June for August interviews, and June/July people in Sept. Hopefully you get through NVC quickly. If you did get through this week and get your package in a timely manner and back really fast (which I know you will :lol) you might be looking at an October interview. *crosses her fingers*

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline
Sorry if I am coming off a little paranoid lol I have heard that the Border Patrol people do have the power to not allow you to enter the States even though you have gone through the k1 visa process, but luckily from the sounds of it, they havent banned anyone yet. Sweet! I think I am going to fly from Toronto to Chicago so I wonder if there is any pro's or con's to going through customs at an airport instead of driving through? It will be the same weekend as Lollapollooza so I am guessing things will be a little hectic and maybe it'll inevitably speed up the process. Thank you very much for the Hotel Le Nouval suggestion, I will check it out!

I doubt they will stop you from entering on a visa unless they suspect you of terrorist activities or something. If they did there would be a huge backlash as you have been approved for a visa to goto the states and I'm pretty sure your fiance's senator wouldn't be impressed. Plus if they started doing that it would mean that more people would skip the visa and come in illegally somehow. I don't think you have anything to worry about on that front, as before they were trying to stop you from coming in to immigrate, but thats exactly what this visa is for, even if its a non-immigrant one. Deep breaths, it will be ok.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)

Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

I doubt they will stop you from entering on a visa unless they suspect you of terrorist activities or something. If they did there would be a huge backlash as you have been approved for a visa to goto the states and I'm pretty sure your fiance's senator wouldn't be impressed. Plus if they started doing that it would mean that more people would skip the visa and come in illegally somehow. I don't think you have anything to worry about on that front, as before they were trying to stop you from coming in to immigrate, but thats exactly what this visa is for, even if its a non-immigrant one. Deep breaths, it will be ok.

LOL Thank you. This honestly has helped me relax and I appreciate your insight!

Cheers.

Timeline

glad to help a little :D *hugs*

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~

Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

I think I remember from someone else's interview that if you have any red flags that they are cleared when they issue you the visa. I really wouldn't worry, especially since the reason for former denials was no ties, and now you are immigrating you don't need ties. ;-)

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Timeline

LOL lets not talk about being paranoid :P i'm the one who thinks my app is sitting ona guys desk who took off for vacation and won't be back anytime soon :)

I think most red flags do/must get cleared up at the interview. Just be open and honest and look them right in the eyes when you talk. I'm gonna be flyign to Chicago too! But from Montreal. David says the poe at the airport is a joke and is super easy. maybe it's becuz of the amounts of ppl they process more so compared to land crossings i'm not sure. And the great thing is..once you get to Ohare and get off the plane..you can just leave and go home!!! :)

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

I have this feeling you will get your NOA2 soon, and for some reason I think you will get it in the mail instead of online. Digging through the timelines it looks as if most K1's for May were done this month, so that would leave May/June for August interviews, and June/July people in Sept. Hopefully you get through NVC quickly. If you did get through this week and get your package in a timely manner and back really fast (which I know you will :lol) you might be looking at an October interview. *crosses her fingers*

Girl..you are a great person hugs. :) Seriously lol. Ty for the kinds words and sticking around even though you are well on your journey..us noa2 slackers appreciate it :) And ya..i has a feeling i wont get the email or anything..it's just gonna show up in the mail and i'ma scream and freak in the hallway all the way up the elevator right to the phone :P

and ya all my ppwk is gonna go back out same day..lol i just have to get reprints of photos cuz ya know..i had all this printed and filled out months ago... :whistle:

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

lol well you dont need to send the photos with it, just the DS-230 and the checklist, then do the DS-160 online. And as for me sticking around, you guys were my backbone when I needed it, why would I abandon you now when you need it? *hugs*

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~

Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.