SK&SP

K-1 people waiting for interviews at Montreal

3,179 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi All,

The Montreal Consulate was to receive my packet 3 on April 29th/09. I checked with Canada Post and it was apparently received successfully but when I called the Department of State each week afterward they said "the Consulate never received my Packet 3" and eventually on June 09th, they've resent it to me...my only concern is that I am now going to be put to the back of the line for an interview. Has anyone else here had this happen to them? Any suggestions as to what I should do next?

Thanks,

Jessica

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi All,

The Montreal Consulate was to receive my packet 3 on April 29th/09. I checked with Canada Post and it was apparently received successfully but when I called the Department of State each week afterward they said "the Consulate never received my Packet 3" and eventually on June 09th, they've resent it to me...my only concern is that I am now going to be put to the back of the line for an interview. Has anyone else here had this happen to them? Any suggestions as to what I should do next?

Thanks,

Jessica

Resend it ASAP!!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline
Hey guys!

Our stuff just got to NVC, hopefully it will be passed through very quickly, so that I can have my P3 by the end of the month *crosses fingers*. I was wondering if any of you lovely people who have received the P3 recently happen to have a copy of the checklist so I can get everything all ready. I have most of the stuff , police checks, birth cert, etc etc but I was wondering about the forms they are asking for now as someone had mentioned they changed. Are they still asking for the DS-156/156k as well as the DS230 and the 160, or are they just asking for the 230 and 160? I have my 230 already filled out so I can send it back immediately, but wasnt sure if they still want the 160 as well. Any help would be much appriciated!

I'll try to remember for you!

The police certificate, long form birth certificate with parental information, passport with at least a year of validity left on it, divorce certificates (if applicable) and then you need to fill out the form DS 160 online (print 2 copies of the confirmation page, then the entire transcript), and fill in the DS 230 and the checklist and to sent back to the consulate. That's all you will need at this point! The DS 156 (if they're still using it) and the DS 156K are to be filled out and brought with you to the interview. When you get your packet 4 interview letter, they will tell you what you need to bring. Based on what I've read recently, they stopped asking for the DS 156, but you still need the DS 156K, which is a form that is signed before the interviewing officer affirming your desires to move to the US, marry, and comply with the laws and regulations that you're subjected to. So, don't worry about it for now. If you're a person who is insanely over prepared (like many of us!) then I'd fill out the DS 156 just in case, it doesn't really take much effort.

<3 thank you! Do you send in a copy of the 160 confirmation back with the 230 and checklist or do u just bring them to the interview?

Just bring it with you to the interview. I didn't send it back, but some others did and It didn't seem to matter either way.

tprtgurl- I agree with Jill, send it back ASAP! I would also try e-mailing Montreal to explain what happened and perhaps they will help get you a faster interview. Its not a guarantee, but its worth a try!

Timeline

Thanks! You are a doll.

I just called NVC and they gave me my MTL # and said it has been forwarded on as of today! WOOHOO!

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well I received my packet 4 today (yay!) So now I really feel the urge to put everything together get all my copying done (originals + 2)! I`m going to Albany this weekend so Dex can spend some time with his girls for father's day (hoping they'll let me in of course....) I plan on coming back with the new letter of intent and the affidavit of support. I can't wait to be done with K1 and move on the AOS, AP, EAD, and all the rest that has to be done!

Thanks! You are a doll.

I just called NVC and they gave me my MTL # and said it has been forwarded on as of today! WOOHOO!

That's great! Hang in there the wait isn't always easy but at least your file's in Montreal now and that's GREAT!!

129F

14 Oct 2008 --- I-129F sent to VSC

17 Oct 2008 ---- NOA1 (rec'd Oct.23rd)

17 Mar 2009 ---- NOA2 151days (rec'd Mar.21st)

31 Jul 2009 ---- Interview - APPROVED!! (visa rec'd Aug.5th)

16 Aug 2009 ---- BIG MOVE!!!! So many conflicting emotions!

21 Aug 2009 --- marriage - civil ceremony

AOS, EAD, AP

13 Oct 2009 --- sent to Chicago Lockbox

18 Nov 2009 -- Bio app. for AOS and EAD (Rec'd Nov. 2nd)

18 Dec 2009 --- AP and EAD APPROVED!!!! (AP rec'd Dec. 29th; EAD rec'd Dec. 31st)

15 Jan 2010 --- AOS transfered to CSC!!

19 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

22 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

25 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

17 June 2010 ---AOS touched

18 June 2010 ---AOS touched

10 July 2010 --- AOS touched

12 July 2010 --- Letter to welcome new permanent resident and card ordered

Hi Everyone!

My fiancee' (Johanne.....she's so cute! ) recently asked a question about what do we do because we haven't received our packet 3 even though it was mailed from the Consulate on May 20th!!! We got a couple of replies (thanks guys) and one stated that we can download all the forms and stuff online. Does anyone know the link for this because we don't know what all is on this "checklist". If we can just download everything, that would make it so much easier and less stressful. Also, does this link tell everything we would need to know as far as how many copies of the forms.....stuff like this? Any and all input would be very appreciated!!! Thanks so much!

Silas

P.S. We haven't been members a real long time. We have gotten some responses from some of our questions and I would have written everyone back......but I have to say I still get lost here....even knowing WHERE to respond. My fiancee' showed me ONCE (poor woman....she actually expected me to remember how to answer someone! lol). Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know as to WHY I haven't responded to any emails. IT'S BECAUSE I AM LOST!!!!!! :bonk::help: You all pray for me (and her too....she's the one that has to deal with a 49 year old big kid! :jest: )

Jo&Si

Adjustment of Status

AOS, AP. EAD sent on 2010-03-31 Received on April 1st

04/09/2010 NOA1 email/texts for I-485, I-131, I-765

04/17/2010 Biometrics appt letter received

04/21/2010 Biometrics done!!!

05/04/2010 Biometrics appt

04/29/2010 Case transfered to CSC

05/18/2010 AP approval on website after Expedite request for health reason

05/18/2010 EAD approval

06/08/2010 GC Production ordered

06/14/2010 Welcome letter received

06/24/2010 Green Card received

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office : Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 2012-04-24

NOA Date : 2012-04-30

Bio. Appt. : 2012-07-18 (early bio)

Approval / Denial Date : 2013-01-16

Approved :Yes

Got I551 Stamp :No

Green Card Received :01-26-2013

I forgot to tell you I just posted Silas question because I could not find where he has posted it...I found it in our mailbox! :bonk:

I will have a big baby as my husband! lol

Have a good day every one

Jo

Jo&Si

Adjustment of Status

05/18/2010 EAD approval

Lifting Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Keep e-mailing Montreal and ask them to resend a new P3, a few of us, myself included did not recieve their first p3s and had to request new ones. Delivery time should be no longer than a week or so anywhere in Canada. While you are waiting for the new p3 get together the police certificate and copies of birth certificate etc if you havent already, then you will be ready to send the p3 back the same day you get it and make sure that when you send it back you get a confirmation code and signature on delivery :)

tprtgurl, I would e-mail the consulate and explain your situation, but don't get too discouraged by the reply you will prolly get. I as well had a delay which was not my fault and the replies I have gotten have been nothing more than " we will inform you by mail when an interview is scheduled." Hopefully you wont have to wait another 3 months to get a date scheduled.

Hi AmberL

We emailed them already...just waiting for an answer!!! :clock:

I don't know if they will send again the packet 3....the problem I live in Caribbean and my daughters are coming next Tuesay I wanted them to bring me the packet and send it back with them!!!

Thank you so much!!!

jo

Jo&Si

Adjustment of Status

05/18/2010 EAD approval

Lifting Conditions

I didn't have time to read through all 93 pages of conversation in this thread... read the first few and the last few. It seems to be the perfect place to have my questions answered.

This is my situation:

I'm getting really worried that my Packet 3 got lost in the mail. It was mailed March 4th, 2009 regular Lettermail via Canada Post. (I got yelled at by my fiance for mailing it without a tracking method.) Three and a half months later and I still haven't recieved my Packet 4. We tried calling the Consulate in Montreal and the automated message just told us that they cannot provide any info on pending cases. It seems that many people are recieving their Packet 4's within a month of sending in their Packet 3's I am comparing my Timeline to other similar timelines and others have long had their interviews and some have even gotten married. Should I just email the Consulate and ask them to resend Packet 3 so I can resend it back to them? How exactly would I go about doing that? Is there anyone else I can attempt to contact for any info on our case?

Apologies for asking any questions that have already been answered previously in this thread (93 pages is just too daunting) or anywhere else on VJ.

Thanks all,

-Jen

Our Timeline.

Filed: Timeline
I didn't have time to read through all 93 pages of conversation in this thread... read the first few and the last few. It seems to be the perfect place to have my questions answered.

This is my situation:

I'm getting really worried that my Packet 3 got lost in the mail. It was mailed March 4th, 2009 regular Lettermail via Canada Post. (I got yelled at by my fiance for mailing it without a tracking method.) Three and a half months later and I still haven't recieved my Packet 4. We tried calling the Consulate in Montreal and the automated message just told us that they cannot provide any info on pending cases. It seems that many people are recieving their Packet 4's within a month of sending in their Packet 3's I am comparing my Timeline to other similar timelines and others have long had their interviews and some have even gotten married. Should I just email the Consulate and ask them to resend Packet 3 so I can resend it back to them? How exactly would I go about doing that? Is there anyone else I can attempt to contact for any info on our case?

Apologies for asking any questions that have already been answered previously in this thread (93 pages is just too daunting) or anywhere else on VJ.

Thanks all,

-Jen

DEFINITELY email them. It doesn't hurt!! They can just verify that they have in fact received your case and it is being processed. You can also call NVC I believe or USICS but I don't have the number handy. Maybe do a google search. It is tricky to speak with an agent, you have to know the secret code haha....but......someone here may have the number. 603 area code I believe. Not sure how much help I have been! But....................do contact someone and just ask if it is in Montreal.

September 11th, 2004 - Met in Asia

May 2007 - Engaged in Hawaii!!

June 2008 - I-129F Petition

June (I think) 2008 - NOA1

October 2008 - NOA2 (P3 sent to wrong consulate by accident)

December 2008 - NON-legal wedding ceremony in Honduras

January 19th, 2009 - P3 finally arrives to correct consulate AND me!!

January 19th, 2009 - "Overnighted" P3 back same day. I am so efficient!!

January 23rd, 2009 - Montreal finally gets it. "Overnight" my a**!! Money refunded to me from Canada Post...ASAH!

March 27th, 2009 - Notified by phone call of interview date

March 31, 2009 - Interview Letter received in mail (P4)

April 6th, 2009 - Medical

April 17th, 2009 - Interview!!!

April 27th 2009 MOVED POE - Buffalo Peace Bridge

May 1st 2009 - Married!!

May 18th - SSN arrived in mail

AoS:

May 14th, 2009 - Filed for AoS - Come on NOOOO RFE'S!!!

May 22nd, 2009 - NOA1 for AoS, AP, EAD - California Service Center. ASAH

May 30th, 2009 - Biometrics appointment letter received for I485, I765 (where is the I131????)....date June 12th. 2009

June 2nd, 2009 - Biometrics completed

June 15th, 2009 - EAD Card production ordered!!

June 20th, 2009 - AP, EAD arrives in mail! (no email from CRIS)

July 2nd, 2009 - AOS Transferred to California

August 7th, 2009 - Green Card production ordered. WoohoO!

Timeline

This is my situation:

Thanks all,

-Jen

Actually, I would call the Department of State. It is where everyone calls to find out if they have an interview date with Montreal or not. DOS knows everything and will take your call, even from Canada. Montreal does not accept phone calls, but they will answer your e-mail, so I would try e-mailing them first to confirm if they have received and logged the packet 3. Just keep in mind that sometimes they take a couple days to answer you! And make sure you put your MTL case number in the subject line.

Did you make a copy of your packet 3 before sending it? That will make your life easier if it has been lost. Otherwise, I wouldn't wait for them to send you a new packet, that will tack on an extra couple of weeks to your wait time unnecessarily.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Call DoS or e-mail them, con firm that the documents did get there, most people dont get p4 after a month only a luck few do, some people have to wait about 3 months.

What is the phone number and email for inquiries to the DOS?

If you don't receive any help there, definately email the Montreal consulate Montreal-IV-DV@state.gov - be sure to include your case number in the subject line of the email.

Edited by trailmix

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.