SK&SP

K-1 people waiting for interviews at Montreal

3,179 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Just because they give you the 6 month timeframe, does not mean that they are going to endeavour to accomplish that.....

We are now 9 months into the process, and are just finally going to have our interview on the 16th....

All you can do is remain calm, and be patient..... It will happen eventually...

:)

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Our process will also be 9 months total...which I think is pretty standard these days.

My theory was that I could sit and be anxious about it or just plan for 12 months, and enjoy my last months in Canada and maximize my time here to make my move easier and more enjoyable. That has been working more to get more experience so i can get a better job when I move, save more money so I don't have to worry about getting a job quickly and lose lots of weight so I am fit and healthy when I move and have one less thing to think about... So far so good.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

I know that Congressmen can "assist" when paperwork is at USCIS... is the same true if awaiting interview?

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline
I know that Congressmen can "assist" when paperwork is at USCIS... is the same true if awaiting interview?

No I doubt it. You're just sitting on a waiting list, they schedule everything as quick as they possibly can. It's just a waiting game at that stage.

Removing Conditions

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have a question for the people now waiting on interviews. When you did the Packet 3...do you have to have the medical already done to send it back?> I'm just asking as I see the timeframe to get an interview is around 4 months and most peoples medicals look like they were done within a month of getting the packet 3. Are there any problems to send it right back when you have a medical scheduled or is there something you need to send back in with it? I thought it would be ok to send it back in as some people seem to be having their medical right around when they do their interview to avoid numerous trips, but I was just curious.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

I have a question for the people now waiting on interviews. When you did the Packet 3...do you have to have the medical already done to send it back?> I'm just asking as I see the timeframe to get an interview is around 4 months and most peoples medicals look like they were done within a month of getting the packet 3. Are there any problems to send it right back when you have a medical scheduled or is there something you need to send back in with it? I thought it would be ok to send it back in as some people seem to be having their medical right around when they do their interview to avoid numerous trips, but I was just curious.

No, all the packet 3 says is 'arrange for a medical' so as long as you call and start the process, you are good. But I will caution, you want to give enough time to actually have the medical completed and in your hands prior to interview. The medical is good for 1 year prior to an interview (according to Montreal Consulate) and it could take 2-3 weeks to organize some results and stuff through the Consulate medical and perhaps your Dr (vaccinations etc...). I would suggest doing your medical no closer than at least 1-2 months prior to interview (IMO) :)

PS. if you are doing medical and interview in same visit, you may have delays of an approval, pending the medical results. But it may not be long

Edited by poprocks

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Timeline

You can send back your packet 3 right away, you just have to ensure you have the medical done before your interview.

Removing Conditions

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

ok good to know. I will probably be doing my medical in TO anyway, so it will more than likely be done a few months in advance, just wanted to make sure that with such a long time to wait that i could send it back in ASAP when that day comes to get my name in line.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

Hey everyone!

I got my packet 3 from Montreal and it says to send in the checklist once everything is completed, but did anyone send in their checklist even though the medical wasn't done yet? I'm just wondering since i've noticed some people have their medical after they've sent in their packet 3(according to their timelines).

I'll have no problem getting my remainder documents done, i was just hoping i could send in the checklist now so that the interview will come a bit quicker. Any advice?

Hey everyone!

I got my packet 3 from Montreal and it says to send in the checklist once everything is completed, but did anyone send in their checklist even though the medical wasn't done yet? I'm just wondering since i've noticed some people have their medical after they've sent in their packet 3(according to their timelines).

I'll have no problem getting my remainder documents done, i was just hoping i could send in the checklist now so that the interview will come a bit quicker. Any advice?

Timeline
Hey everyone!

Look above to earlier posts. You will find your answer there. :)

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Timeline

Okay, I know we're logged & in the "system"! Woo hoo! So, now just have to check back for interview date...

This waiting I think I can deal with!

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline

Its only been 3 weeks since I sent back my packet and i'm already getting antsy! I'm not going to enter the US until mid-June either... its just the not knowing that drives me a little crazy. I like to plan ahead! I'm a control freak and all of this is so beyond my realm of control...

Does anyone check the k-1 time lines daily? I pick Canada from the scroll down list and sort by the latest interview date granted. I really want to know what consulate these "noneofyourbusiness" people are at... It would be nice to know if Montreal has started granting April interviews yet.

Timeline

they gave out april interviews for CR1 applications. someone has the schedule on april 24. im expecting mine to be May or June. i emailed them and they told me that it shoudn't be long and i will be given the schedule the soonest. i hope they are being honest with that one.

Timeline

Hello all. I have a couple of questions for you guys... I'm not sure if they've been asked before.

How do you know when the consulate receives your file? Should I e-mail them? Should I just wait for Packet 3?

And I know this is a while away, but what about you folks who are approaching 4 months since your NOA2 was issued? Mine expires four months after it was issued. Will I have to get it extended if my interview isn't scheduled in time? Francie, yours probably expires on the 2nd of April right? Will the consulate overlook this or are we expected to get an extension if our interview isn't granted within the four months following the NOA2?

~Stephanie

04/08/09: The worst day of my life

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.