cjgator

Need Help - VSC says today case has been assigned

28 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Robbyrob:

Ok - first, if you have been able to request with USCIS a request for status inquiry, I think it helps with them. This is that inquiry you can make when you are outside of the USCIS posted processing times. You can make that request at that national service center #, if you are past time and have not done it yet.

Once they accept that request, they will give you a confirmation # for that request. A few days after you get that, call VSC, get an officer on the line, tell them you are outside the normal processing times, you received a confirmation number for a status inquiry, and you were checking to see if the VSC office had received the request. At that point, they should be able to tell you. VSC told me (and national later confirmed) that my case was assigned to an officer this past Saturday 11/1.

The phone # sequence to VSC is:

800-375-5283

Option 1

Option 2

Option 1

Receipt #

Option 3, wait for "if our system"

Option 4.

This will connect you to VSC. Good luck.

I was told that my case was assigned to an officer last Tuesday. I have not seen any updates online nor have I received the precious NOA2. I wrote to my congressman again. I bet he his sick of me by now.

What did you guys ask to get this info. I usually get we can't give you that info or theres no further detail, this is from vsc officers. i'm getting worried, thanks.

This is so helpful. Thanks! I will be calling on Friday. I tried last friday, he told me to call back in a week. lol.. it was worth a try one week early. :)

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

15 minutes?? How did you find that out?

Keeping in mind that it only takes 15 mins to ajudicate a case I hope they approve you guys quickly.

Good luck!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

How were you able to submit a request for status or formal inquiry? I am at 7.5 months (I-130 3/14, I-129F 3/20). I called the VSC and tried to submit a formal inquiry. I was told by an agent that they do not do this at VSC and that I had to call the NSC. I told the agent that I tried that already and they would not accept my request because (according to the NSC) I was not outside the normal processing time. The agent said there was nothing they could do. I asked what is the unofficial status of my case. I was told it is still in the queue waiting. So I asked the agent, "How is it that my case has not been assigned, whereas cases with later receipt dates have been assigned and approved?" The agent said that she had no idea why and that there was nothing she could do. So I asked what are my options. The agent said to call back again in 2 weeks. They act like they are doing me a favor just talking to me. I pay taxes and processing fees and get crappy services. I guess my next move is to begin contacting senators and congressman.

This is for an I-129F K3. Looking for feedback from those who know!!

Any of you who may have some inside dope about this, I'd really appreciate your feedback. Today I called VSC and spoke with an agent. I'm at 7 months as of today, and I was granted my formal request for status last Monday (10/27). Today, the VSC agent followed up on my status confirmation number, and he told me that my case had been assigned to an agent. When I asked what that meant with regards to time, he said he could not be specific, but he said that it was a good thing and that I probably did not have much longer of a wait before I heard word. He said the majority of time a case is in the system, it is waiting to be assigned, and once it is assigned, the timeframe to an answer is relatively short.

If any of you have history with this, can you confirm what he's saying is legit, and if so, any guess on how long that "magic window" may be?

Thanks for the input, and good luck to you all.

-CJ

Timeline

D & L:

I saw your timeline. You are definitely within the timeframes to submit the inquiry request. Do it at national, not VSC, and keep trying until you get an agent who will help you. If you do do not get any help, I would suggest calling an immigration attorney. It sounds like you are being shafted by people who are not willing to take the time to see where you are in the approval process.

How were you able to submit a request for status or formal inquiry? I am at 7.5 months (I-130 3/14, I-129F 3/20). I called the VSC and tried to submit a formal inquiry. I was told by an agent that they do not do this at VSC and that I had to call the NSC. I told the agent that I tried that already and they would not accept my request because (according to the NSC) I was not outside the normal processing time. The agent said there was nothing they could do. I asked what is the unofficial status of my case. I was told it is still in the queue waiting. So I asked the agent, "How is it that my case has not been assigned, whereas cases with later receipt dates have been assigned and approved?" The agent said that she had no idea why and that there was nothing she could do. So I asked what are my options. The agent said to call back again in 2 weeks. They act like they are doing me a favor just talking to me. I pay taxes and processing fees and get crappy services. I guess my next move is to begin contacting senators and congressman.

This is for an I-129F K3. Looking for feedback from those who know!!

Any of you who may have some inside dope about this, I'd really appreciate your feedback. Today I called VSC and spoke with an agent. I'm at 7 months as of today, and I was granted my formal request for status last Monday (10/27). Today, the VSC agent followed up on my status confirmation number, and he told me that my case had been assigned to an agent. When I asked what that meant with regards to time, he said he could not be specific, but he said that it was a good thing and that I probably did not have much longer of a wait before I heard word. He said the majority of time a case is in the system, it is waiting to be assigned, and once it is assigned, the timeframe to an answer is relatively short.

If any of you have history with this, can you confirm what he's saying is legit, and if so, any guess on how long that "magic window" may be?

Thanks for the input, and good luck to you all.

-CJ

Timeline

No: There is a way through the national call number that you can go through a sequence of number punches that will connect you directly to the Vermont Service Center. I explain it in an earlier post in this thread.

-CJ

People keep saying "call VSC" or "I called VSC", when you call aren't you talking to someone at a national call center that fields calls for all USCIS? Or can you actually call an agent at VSC?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
No: There is a way through the national call number that you can go through a sequence of number punches that will connect you directly to the Vermont Service Center. I explain it in an earlier post in this thread.

-CJ

People keep saying "call VSC" or "I called VSC", when you call aren't you talking to someone at a national call center that fields calls for all USCIS? Or can you actually call an agent at VSC?

CJ-G...any updates? I don't think their online system is working. I changed my password on USCIS the other day and didn't receive any e-mail as usually I do.

- CJ V

Timeline

CJ-V, hey man, called up there today, they were actually pretty nice and checked into it right away, but they said no, do decision yet, last info on the computer is the 11-1 assignment to the officer at VSC.

This is crazy, huh?

-CJ

CJ-G...any updates? I don't think their online system is working. I changed my password on USCIS the other day and didn't receive any e-mail as usually I do.

- CJ V

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

-CJ

- CJ V

Crazy f'ed up....mine is apparently being looked at since 10/18...argh

Edited by CJ Vasani

Timeline

Gotcha man. I posted anyhow. You hang in there too.

-CJ

- CJ V

don't bother...I read your update in the other thread.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

-CJ

Thanks man. On hold with them now.

Is there any data about getting results from calling them everyday, 10 times a day for 60 days?

Timeline

I don't think so, and honestly, I think it's a risky option to hassle them at VSC everyday. They are only helpful about 40 to 50 percent of the time (and when I say "helpful", I mean that they are even willing to look at your case in the computer), so not only can you drive yourself nuts by calling everyday very often, I think you run the risk of becoming well known (and not in a good way) by the agents up at VSC, who have almost unregulated ability to hold up, or even deny your case. So, be careful, I think an overly aggressive strategy can easily backfire. My suggestion on calls to VSC would be no less than once a week, no more than 3 times in a week.

-CJ-G

-CJ

Is there any data about getting results from calling them everyday, 10 times a day for 60 days?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline
I don't think so, and honestly, I think it's a risky option to hassle them at VSC everyday. They are only helpful about 40 to 50 percent of the time (and when I say "helpful", I mean that they are even willing to look at your case in the computer), so not only can you drive yourself nuts by calling everyday very often, I think you run the risk of becoming well known (and not in a good way) by the agents up at VSC, who have almost unregulated ability to hold up, or even deny your case. So, be careful, I think an overly aggressive strategy can easily backfire. My suggestion on calls to VSC would be no less than once a week, no more than 3 times in a week.

-CJ-G

That is backed up by the fact that I just was told by an agent at VSC that once a petition is being processed it can be processed indefinitely. There are no processing times, no limitations or deadlines, not issues about being outside of normal process times, it is simply "being processed".

So my petition has been in "processing" since Sept. 18th, and there is absolutely nothing I can do but wait.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.