cjgator

Need Help - VSC says today case has been assigned

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

This is for an I-129F K3. Looking for feedback from those who know!!

Any of you who may have some inside dope about this, I'd really appreciate your feedback. Today I called VSC and spoke with an agent. I'm at 7 months as of today, and I was granted my formal request for status last Monday (10/27). Today, the VSC agent followed up on my status confirmation number, and he told me that my case had been assigned to an agent. When I asked what that meant with regards to time, he said he could not be specific, but he said that it was a good thing and that I probably did not have much longer of a wait before I heard word. He said the majority of time a case is in the system, it is waiting to be assigned, and once it is assigned, the timeframe to an answer is relatively short.

If any of you have history with this, can you confirm what he's saying is legit, and if so, any guess on how long that "magic window" may be?

Thanks for the input, and good luck to you all.

-CJ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

It could be true but then again who knows how efficient or how backed up the agent may be. You still have to be patient and wait for them to work on your petition.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline

I hear ya, I know I need to temper my enthusiasm, this is the first time I've heard anything specific about it since the first week of May, so I guess anything is better than nothing. At least I have something to tell the wife. Thanks Diana.

It could be true but then again who knows how efficient or how backed up the agent may be. You still have to be patient and wait for them to work on your petition.

Diana

Timeline

When your case was assigned, did you see an update ("touch") on your online USCIS case number?

Any of you who may have some inside dope about this, I'd really appreciate your feedback. Today I called VSC and spoke with an agent. I'm at 7 months as of today, and I was granted my formal request for status last Monday (10/27). Today, the VSC agent followed up on my status confirmation number, and he told me that my case had been assigned to an agent. When I asked what that meant with regards to time, he said he could not be specific, but he said that it was a good thing and that I probably did not have much longer of a wait before I heard word. He said the majority of time a case is in the system, it is waiting to be assigned, and once it is assigned, the timeframe to an answer is relatively short.

If any of you have history with this, can you confirm what he's saying is legit, and if so, any guess on how long that "magic window" may be?

-CJ

Timeline

No, I thought about that also, but I have seen several on this site who said they got their approval in the snail mail without ever seeing any e-mails or USCIS website data about touches, or even getting their approval notice electronically. After the officer told me the info, I checked the case status again online, no reports of new touches. Yeah, I don't know what to make of that fact either.

When your case was assigned, did you see an update ("touch") on your online USCIS case number?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I was told that my case was assigned to an officer last Tuesday. I have not seen any updates online nor have I received the precious NOA2. I wrote to my congressman again. I bet he his sick of me by now.

I was told that my case was in the queue to be assigned (it was not yet assigned at the time) My approval came 11 days later.

I-130 Journey

03/12/2008 I-130 Sent

03/17/2008 NOA1

05/07/2008, 05/08/2008 Touched

10/31/2008 Approved!!

NVC Journey

11/07/2008 I-130 Received; Case Number Assigned

11/12/2008 AOS Fee Bill Generated/DS3032 mailed

11/12/2008 Emailed DS3032 11/13/2008 Mailed DS3032 Hardcopy

11/15/2008 AOS Fee Bill Received in Mail (IIN Received in the mail)

11/17/2008 Paid AOS Fee Online

11/17/2008 DS3032 Accepted

11/18/2008 AOS Fee shows as Paid; Mailed AOS Packet overnight

11/18/2008 IV Fee Available, IV Fee Paid Online

11/20/2008 Mailed DS230 Packet Overnight, AOS Entered into the system (False RFE Message) Rec 11/21

11/24/2008 IV Bill hardcopy received (not needed since I paid online)

11/26/2008 NVC Case Complete 19 days!!

12/23/2008 CR1Visa In Hand

12/24/2008 POE San Juan

US Entry

01/09/2009 Welcome Letter/Card Processing ordered

01/15/2009 Green Card Received, 01/14/2009 SS Card Received

Removal of Conditions

10/16/2010 I751 Sent

10/25/2010 NOA Received NOA Date 10/19/2010

01/12/2011 Biometrics (Biometrics letter date 12/15/2010)

03/03/2011 Approved - Card Production Ordered

03/10/2011 GC Received

US Citizenship

10/13/2011 N400 Sent

10/18/2011 NOA 10/19/2011 Check Cashed

04/17/2012 Email bio letter sent (received 4/19/12)

04/24/2012 Early Bio due to travel plans (bio date orig 5/11/12)

04/30/2012 Interview letter received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
I was told that my case was assigned to an officer last Tuesday. I have not seen any updates online nor have I received the precious NOA2. I wrote to my congressman again. I bet he his sick of me by now.

What did you guys ask to get this info. I usually get we can't give you that info or theres no further detail, this is from vsc officers. i'm getting worried, thanks.

Timeline

Robbyrob:

Ok - first, if you have been able to request with USCIS a request for status inquiry, I think it helps with them. This is that inquiry you can make when you are outside of the USCIS posted processing times. You can make that request at that national service center #, if you are past time and have not done it yet.

Once they accept that request, they will give you a confirmation # for that request. A few days after you get that, call VSC, get an officer on the line, tell them you are outside the normal processing times, you received a confirmation number for a status inquiry, and you were checking to see if the VSC office had received the request. At that point, they should be able to tell you. VSC told me (and national later confirmed) that my case was assigned to an officer this past Saturday 11/1.

The phone # sequence to VSC is:

800-375-5283

Option 1

Option 2

Option 1

Receipt #

Option 3, wait for "if our system"

Option 4.

This will connect you to VSC. Good luck.

What did you guys ask to get this info. I usually get we can't give you that info or theres no further detail, this is from vsc officers. i'm getting worried, thanks.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Robbyrob:

Ok - first, if you have been able to request with USCIS a request for status inquiry, I think it helps with them. This is that inquiry you can make when you are outside of the USCIS posted processing times. You can make that request at that national service center #, if you are past time and have not done it yet.

Once they accept that request, they will give you a confirmation # for that request. A few days after you get that, call VSC, get an officer on the line, tell them you are outside the normal processing times, you received a confirmation number for a status inquiry, and you were checking to see if the VSC office had received the request. At that point, they should be able to tell you. VSC told me (and national later confirmed) that my case was assigned to an officer this past Saturday 11/1.

The phone # sequence to VSC is:

800-375-5283

Option 1

Option 2

Option 1

Receipt #

Option 3, wait for "if our system"

Option 4.

This will connect you to VSC. Good luck.

Thanks for that fast reply CJ-G. I have been using that option and do get to vsc officers, but i guess i just have bad luck with the ones I get. I'll keep trying.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

-CJ

My date are the same as yours. I call a week ago and spoke to an agent who stated that if should be reviewed soon. So far nothing on line. We just wait. :crying:

Timeline

For the record, when I made my follow-up call today to national to confirm what VSC told me, I asked the agent about the whole "touches" issue, and should we expect to see a change on our USCIS online accounts when the case is assigned to agent. Her answer was not necessarily, in many cases they are no longer reporting that sort of interim movement information on the electronic accounts. That answer seems to jibe with what I have heard a lot of people saying lately, that they just got their approval notice in the mail - or they found out by chance when they called in to talk to an agent. I guess the message there is, don't ignore reported info on a touch, but don't get too hung up on it if there's nothing new there. Callying and constantly annoying seems to be the best option.

-CJ

My date are the same as yours. I call a week ago and spoke to an agent who stated that if should be reviewed soon. So far nothing on line. We just wait. :crying:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
For the record, when I made my follow-up call today to national to confirm what VSC told me, I asked the agent about the whole "touches" issue, and should we expect to see a change on our USCIS online accounts when the case is assigned to agent. Her answer was not necessarily, in many cases they are no longer reporting that sort of interim movement information on the electronic accounts. That answer seems to jibe with what I have heard a lot of people saying lately, that they just got their approval notice in the mail - or they found out by chance when they called in to talk to an agent. I guess the message there is, don't ignore reported info on a touch, but don't get too hung up on it if there's nothing new there. Callying and constantly annoying seems to be the best option.

-CJ

I agree that calling is the best option! I have a regular schedule starting today to bug them every other day until I get the news I want.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.