Gypsyangel

Homesick

149 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm eating a cadbury flake and wondering where life would have taken me... :lol:

mmm flake bar... mmmmm

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
If I hadn't met Jared and moved here, I would have eventually moved to England myself. Lots of friends and family there and I love it there.

And I probably would have been homesick.

I'm eating a cadbury flake and wondering where life would have taken me... :lol:

I lingered around the Cadbury Flake bars in World Market the other day but talked myself out of buying them because they're so overpriced there. Now I'm so jealous! :lol:

Remember them putting the flakes in the ice cream softies? mmmmmmmmm

It's funny, because when I met my husband I was making initial preparations to move back to England. I had completed my resume and sent it to some contacts to explore the job opporunities, and I had a flight booked. This random event (meeting my future husband) completely changed the direction of the course of my life. For the moment, anyway. Moving back is still a pretty good possibility. Except now I have a clingon. lol

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
If I hadn't met Jared and moved here, I would have eventually moved to England myself. Lots of friends and family there and I love it there.

And I probably would have been homesick.

I lingered around the Cadbury Flake bars in World Market the other day but talked myself out of buying them because they're so overpriced there. Now I'm so jealous! :lol:

It's funny, because when I met my husband I was making initial preparations to move back to England. I had completed my resume and sent it to some contacts to explore the job opporunities, and I had a flight booked. This random event (meeting my future husband) completely changed the direction of the course of my life. For the moment, anyway. Moving back is still a pretty good possibility. Except now I have a clingon. lol

:lol:

Timeline

Today I am wallowing - the last little bit actually since the spring break trip didn't pan out (another pathetic sob story in another thread). Just finding it hard to muster the cheer I suppose. But I expect it to pass.

Having no family around when things get rough is hard for me since I was very close to them - I miss them like crazy and 3 birthdays have just passed and 2 more in a couple weeks which I'll miss.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: Timeline
Today I am wallowing - the last little bit actually since the spring break trip didn't pan out (another pathetic sob story in another thread). Just finding it hard to muster the cheer I suppose. But I expect it to pass.

Having no family around when things get rough is hard for me since I was very close to them - I miss them like crazy and 3 birthdays have just passed and 2 more in a couple weeks which I'll miss.

:(

(F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F)

iagree.gif

Timeline

:lol: 99s, mate! 99s!!

Can't pass up my English chocolates, me! Too tempting.

It's really something how life takes its turns and you think you will do one thing, and you end up going in another direction in a matter of not just maybe months, but even..days...

Udella-does she still refuse to go home with you?

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

:lol: 99s, mate! 99s!!

Can't pass up my English chocolates, me! Too tempting.

It's really something how life takes its turns and you think you will do one thing, and you end up going in another direction in a matter of not just maybe months, but even..days...

Udella-does she still refuse to go home with you?

Yep - it's gotten worse I'd say - she knows she's cut herself off and now is more uncomfortable about it - it's usch a sticky spot for us all - I feel horribly guilty (since Don hasn't had a vacation either since last Aug) if I went back home by myself if we could afford it - it would be for a short jaunt at a hefty price - i'm kind of busy at work which sucks.

It would be difficult to bring back enough KD, Ketchup and Miracle whip in my suitcase anyway:D

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

why don't you and don go back and have a babysitter babysit her if she insists on being a baby! you deserve to go back, with or without her.

plus I was just driving down homer watson blvd the other week and it was really lovely and i know you want to!

My eyes filled with grit

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline
why don't you and don go back and have a babysitter babysit her if she insists on being a baby! you deserve to go back, with or without her.

plus I was just driving down homer watson blvd the other week and it was really lovely and i know you want to!

Well now I'm homesick....

My fist and only house was just off Homer Watson. I sold that when moving to Bermuda to be wtih Mom. Now I've left Bermuda and Dad's new family has moved into his house. My new step-brother has my old room. This place doesn't feel like my home yet. I feel totally "homeless" too.

~ Catherine

Timeline

Yah at this point, I'd give my first born :) Oh right - she's the fly in the ointment.....wish Don was closer to his family cuz maybe they could come by - we haven't really let them know all this ####### and about her dropping out of school on top of it....I ain't in the mood to explain to them and deal with teir judgemental attitude.....arrghgh...hopefully the solution presents it's self soon - I wish I had a close friend down here who could take her

Well now I'm homesick....

My fist and only house was just off Homer Watson. I sold that when moving to Bermuda to be wtih Mom. Now I've left Bermuda and Dad's new family has moved into his house. My new step-brother has my old room. This place doesn't feel like my home yet. I feel totally "homeless" too.

~ Catherine

Where was it Catherine?

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
Where was it Catherine?

Green Valley Dr. in the Pioneer Park area.

~ Catherine

Get out ..... my school bus in kindergarten dropped kids off there - back when doon was a k-8 school :) Small world - you'd think Pioneer park was the only place in KW :)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi everyone...first of all, i am new to VJ and after reading this thread i am so glad i joined. The fear of being 'the last call' has been weighing on my mind since i decided to make the big move and it is something that i talk to my fiance about all the time. I am the first person in my group of friends to make a big move like this and i feel like they have already begun to consider me their 'last call'. Whenever they talk about trips for the future and i inquire about dates, they always respond with "you're not going to be here anyways, so you don't need to worry about it". My friends can not possibly understand how isolating this whole experience can be for those of us going through it.

Glad you found us nonie! Let us know a little more about yourself! Welcome to the Canada Forum! :)

Thanks for the welcome Krikit and Carlawarla :) I currently live in Toronto and will be moving to Connecticut to be with my guy as soon as this whole process is completed. We've known each other since 2002 and were separated for about 4 years before he came back to find me. We met at a basketball game in Toronto (he works in sports entertainment in the US) and we both share a deep love for the game of basketball! My story is that he saved my life...when he came back to find me, i had actually just gotten out of a terrible terrible marriage...i married for all the wrong reasons, the biggest reason was because i was stupid :( i had given up on finding 'the one' and he showed me the possibility of a life full of love and happiness. Unfortunately, my friends are not happy with the fact that i'm moving and have already started to distance themselves from me, which is what led me to this forum. I just can't wait for this process to be over so that i can start over with my soul mate in CT :D

Our Journey to Happiness :)

Oct 30, 2002 - We met in Toronto while he was visiting on a business trip from the US

Dated until early 2004 and then distance became an issue

Sept 16, 2007 - He initiated contact with me after almost 4 years!

Jan 2008 - He came to Toronto to visit and see if there was still 'something' there

Feb 28, 2009 - He proposed in front of my family in our condo in Toronto!!!

May 13, 2009 - sent in I-129F (Lawyer is handling our process)

May 15, 2009 - received receipt of NOA1

September 16, 2009 - NOA2!!!

Nov 4/09 - sent packet 3

Nov 25/09 - info logged in system

Interview date - March 22, 2010!!! ***APPROVED!!!***

POE @ Queenston/Lewiston - April 4th, 2010

Wedding date - July 17, 2010

Timeline
Thanks for the welcome Krikit and Carlawarla :) I currently live in Toronto and will be moving to Connecticut to be with my guy as soon as this whole process is completed. We've known each other since 2002 and were separated for about 4 years before he came back to find me. We met at a basketball game in Toronto (he works in sports entertainment in the US) and we both share a deep love for the game of basketball! My story is that he saved my life...when he came back to find me, i had actually just gotten out of a terrible terrible marriage...i married for all the wrong reasons, the biggest reason was because i was stupid :( i had given up on finding 'the one' and he showed me the possibility of a life full of love and happiness. Unfortunately, my friends are not happy with the fact that i'm moving and have already started to distance themselves from me, which is what led me to this forum. I just can't wait for this process to be over so that i can start over with my soul mate in CT :D

CT hooray!!! i'm in CT!!! YEAH!!! (though guessing from your soon to be hubby's profession you are closer to the city than i :) but yeah!! :dance:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline
Where was it Catherine?

Green Valley Dr. in the Pioneer Park area.

~ Catherine

Get out ..... my school bus in kindergarten dropped kids off there - back when doon was a k-8 school :) Small world - you'd think Pioneer park was the only place in KW :)

and, of course, I went to Brigadoon AND Doon (by then doon was 6-8) I lived in Mill Park and now my parents live in Wildwoods.

My eyes filled with grit

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.