Gypsyangel

Homesick

149 posts in this topic

^^ Hey Monkey - there are so many english foods in Canada - we have OXO cubes! In the future, might be worth taking a drive over the border to pick some Canadian/English foods up!

ooooh lovely, that's a good idea. We are only a couple of hours from the border!

MonkeyJuice, if you're close to the Canadian border in Michigan, you can get CBC (Canadian TV) and they play Coronation Street.

http://www.cbc.ca/coronation/

PS: Love the name. :D

Thanks Mrs Cat but I just tried the link & it says 'currently unavailable'. You had my hopes up there! Nevermind I still have Desperate Housewives & Gavin & Stacey. I even looked up CBC on the telly network but it's not available to connect to either....bummer!

K1

5/16/08:Received NA01

2/24/09: NA02 APPROVAL... finally, after 9 MONTHS & 8 DAYS!!

5/5/09 : Interview Date APPROVED!!!!

5/8/09: visa received

From NA01 to interview: 12 LONG MONTHS!!

07/23/09: received SSN

08/17/09: Passed Driving test

08/22/09: Married on beautiful Mackinac Island, MI

AOS

08/31/09: Mailed AOS Package

10/20/09: Received AP

10/21/09 Received EAD card

12/7/09 AOS APPROVED!

12/14/09: Green Card arrived in mail. Happy Days!

It's taken 18 months from applying for K1 to receipt of Green Card! Thank God it's over until 12/7/11

Here we go again...

ROC

09/14/11: Mailed I-751 to Vermont

09/19/11: NA01

10/14/11: Biometrics

7/2/12: Approved. New Card Ordered

7/7/12: Green Card received

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Monkeyjuice- I've been watching corrie for almost 20 years now. (since I was old enough to sit in front of a tv and understand whats going on...)

My mum has watched it for 35 years.

I download the episodes online now, and I also watch Gavin and Stacey on BBC America. It's the best English program I've come across in ages!!! Many Canadians love their flakes (I love myself a 99 as well ;) ) and their tea. Many of my friends grew up this way as well.

MsZ-Too right. I live right next to Newark and boy has it been a change! But you know, I'm moving to west jersey and love it out there!!! Can't wait to settle in to a life there. People have their limits and urban suburbs are mine.

At the end of the day, you have to do your best and do what makes you happy!!! You have to find out what that is, or it will always be hard.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: Other Timeline

Canada is part of the commonwealth, its still more English than American, though with television and the geographic proximity of the States their influence is a bit stronger than the English these days. But, the queen is still on all our currency!

My Dad and all his family are from England, so I grew up daughter of an immigrant, with all the English quirks and afternoon tea, and beans and mash, and what have you. My Grandma still tries to make me eat mince tarts if I see her round Christmas. :P Which I haven't for a few years now obviously, and now she's gone and moved to Vancouver Island, it is unlikely I will see her again any time soon. :( She makes the most awesome shortbread though. Just melts in your mouth.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Timeline

I need to pay your gran a visit, Reba! My gran also used to make shortbread when I was a kid. So good. I haven't had bangers and mash in awhile, or beans on toast. I eat cheese on toast pretty often still though.

funny to see how many of you guys have parents of British decent! Makes me smile :)

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline
^^ Hey Monkey - there are so many english foods in Canada - we have OXO cubes! In the future, might be worth taking a drive over the border to pick some Canadian/English foods up!

ooooh lovely, that's a good idea. We are only a couple of hours from the border!

MonkeyJuice, if you're close to the Canadian border in Michigan, you can get CBC (Canadian TV) and they play Coronation Street.

http://www.cbc.ca/coronation/

PS: Love the name. :D

Thanks Mrs Cat but I just tried the link & it says 'currently unavailable'. You had my hopes up there! Nevermind I still have Desperate Housewives & Gavin & Stacey. I even looked up CBC on the telly network but it's not available to connect to either....bummer!

:no: you can see it if you can get TV reception but if you have a US IP address CBC won't let you see Coronation ST. episodes online.. Tried already.. boo... The CBC only has the licence to show it in Canada..

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

That is why you need to get a slingbox. If I can't get Canadian tv channels on satellite I'm going to hook one of those up to my parent's tv at home.

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline
That is why you need to get a slingbox. If I can't get Canadian tv channels on satellite I'm going to hook one of those up to my parent's tv at home.

sling who?

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Where in W. Jersey Thetreble? I lived in Hunterdon County for a while. Very nice indeed!

Sent I-130 to VT 25-Oct-2007

I-130 Moved to California 6-August-2008

My petition has been in 3 states (1, twice) in 9 months!

Rec'd by CSC 8/9, touched 8/11, 8/12, 8/15, 8/20, 8/25

Approved Tuesday, 25-August-2008

10 months since we mailed the petition

Rec'd NVC 9/3, Invoice Generated 9/10, DS-3032 emailed 9/11.

Rec'd AOS invoice 9/15, paid online 9/15, Accepted as Paid 9/18, mailed I-864EZ 9/19

IV Invoiced 9/18, paid online 9/19, Accepted as paid 9/22

DS-230 sent 10/2

Case complete @NVC 10/8 - 11 months, 1 week and 6 days

Interview in Montreal December 18, 2008 - scheduled 1 year, 1 week and 3 days after the start of our journey. Takes place 1 year, 1 month, 3 weeks and 2 days after the start...

[X] Passed [ ] Failed Interview

Thursday, April 2, 2009 Activated Visa - 1 year, 5 months, 1 week and 1 day

Timeline
Where in W. Jersey Thetreble? I lived in Hunterdon County for a while. Very nice indeed!

Warren :) Right next to Hunterdon ;)

My eyes filled with grit

We ended up jumping over the river to Forks Township in PA to buy a house because the prices and taxes were better. But I'm very familiar with that entire area. You'll have a Wegmans close enough in PA, too. When I moved to that area there wasn't a lot there. Now they have stores and places to eat and everything! <g> But the best part is that it is so pretty.

Visit http://www.shipinn.com/

Sent I-130 to VT 25-Oct-2007

I-130 Moved to California 6-August-2008

My petition has been in 3 states (1, twice) in 9 months!

Rec'd by CSC 8/9, touched 8/11, 8/12, 8/15, 8/20, 8/25

Approved Tuesday, 25-August-2008

10 months since we mailed the petition

Rec'd NVC 9/3, Invoice Generated 9/10, DS-3032 emailed 9/11.

Rec'd AOS invoice 9/15, paid online 9/15, Accepted as Paid 9/18, mailed I-864EZ 9/19

IV Invoiced 9/18, paid online 9/19, Accepted as paid 9/22

DS-230 sent 10/2

Case complete @NVC 10/8 - 11 months, 1 week and 6 days

Interview in Montreal December 18, 2008 - scheduled 1 year, 1 week and 3 days after the start of our journey. Takes place 1 year, 1 month, 3 weeks and 2 days after the start...

[X] Passed [ ] Failed Interview

Thursday, April 2, 2009 Activated Visa - 1 year, 5 months, 1 week and 1 day

Filed: Other Timeline
I need to pay your gran a visit, Reba! My gran also used to make shortbread when I was a kid. So good. I haven't had bangers and mash in awhile, or beans on toast. I eat cheese on toast pretty often still though.

funny to see how many of you guys have parents of British decent! Makes me smile :)

I make beans on toast all the time! James asked me the other day if I wanted beans for lunch I said "nope, can't. There's no bread" He said "how 'bout biscuits" "nope, need bread for toast. can't have beans without toast. its sacrilege er sumthin" :lol: He just doesn't get it sometimes.

I need to order some beans without HFCS though. Bush's are ok, but I prefer without the HFCS. Too lazy to make my own of course.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

I make beans on toast all the time! James asked me the other day if I wanted beans for lunch I said "nope, can't. There's no bread" He said "how 'bout biscuits" "nope, need bread for toast. can't have beans without toast. its sacrilege er sumthin" :lol: He just doesn't get it sometimes.

I need to order some beans without HFCS though. Bush's are ok, but I prefer without the HFCS. Too lazy to make my own of course.

Ohhhh, you should check out the unbelievably long and spirited discussion I started months ago on the UK forum. I am too lazy to find it right now (and it is not truly THAT interesting:), but I could not believe it was such a hot topic for at least a week. I get Heinz beans from Cost Plus for my beans on toast. They only have them sometimes, so when I see them I buy them all. I can then happily munch away on my non-HFCS beans on my non-HFCS bread....Wow I am getting so high maintenance!

Concurrent I-130 and AOS

Nov 30 2007 - I enter US as a tourist to spend the ski season with my sweetie and figure out what we both want outta life - we plan on ending up in Canada, but...

Jan 30 2008 - We get married in Vegas! We decide to stay in the US.

Feb 08 2008 - File I-130, I-485, AP and EAD

Feb 11 2008 - Package arrives in Chicago

Feb 19 2008 - Receive NOA 1 for everything except I-485. NOA date Feb 15th

Feb 19 2008 - Touch I-130, AP, EAD

Feb 21 2008 - Receive I-485 NOA 1. NOA Date Feb 15th

Feb 22 2008 - Receive Biometrics notice, dated Feb 20th, for appointment March 11th

Feb 27 2008 - Walk in to Denver field office and have Biometrics taken early as the 11th March I'll be away

Apr 16 2008 - EAD card production ordered

Apr 16 2008 - AP approval sent

Apr 21 2008 - AP received in mail

Apr 21 2008 - EAD card production email received again - strange

Apr 24 2008 - EAD card approval notice sent email

Apr 26 2008 - EAD card received

May 03 2008 - Interview notice received -June 27th

May 22 2008 - Touch on I-485

June 09 2008 - I-130 finally shows up online and shows a touch that day, so does I-485

Jun 27 2008 - Interview - approved, stamped, received card production email. Ya-hoo!!!!

July 10 2008 - Card received

Total time from filing - approval: 4.5 months

MOVED TO SAN DIEGO!!

Lifting of Conditions

June 11 2010 - Package mailed

June 16 2010 - NOA date

July 2 2010 - Bio letter received - July 27th date

July 9 2010 - Early biometrics walk in San Marcos CA

Sept 16 2010 - Card production ordered

Ohhhh, you should check out the unbelievably long and spirited discussion I started months ago on the UK forum. I am too lazy to find it right now (and it is not truly THAT interesting:), but I could not believe it was such a hot topic for at least a week. I get Heinz beans from Cost Plus for my beans on toast. They only have them sometimes, so when I see them I buy them all. I can then happily munch away on my non-HFCS beans on my non-HFCS bread....Wow I am getting so high maintenance!

:lol::lol:

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

sling who?

Slingbox

You can watch internet streaming content on your television and on your phone etc.

slingbox.jpg

Edited by trailmix

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.