SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 9)

5,792 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning All! What a glorious day, we have woken up to a new dawn!!!! GOBAMA!!!

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Being in a relationship with someone who already has kids with someone else can be so tricky and stressful. I honestly don't know how some of you ladies do it. I can't imagine having that stress on top of everything else.

Yardie, it's not an easy thing - I have dated men with kids in the past - My problem has never been with the children - I have almost always run into problems with the manipulative mothers - it amazes me how much people can use their kids to try to get money or get what they want - in my mind, you liked the person enough at one point to lay down with them - grow the f*** up and deal with each other on an adult level to work in your child's best interest.

I have no problem with being with a man with kids - I consider DJ's son my own, and do for him like I would my own child - But the emotional drama that can go along with it is really tough to get through sometimes.

Has anyone heard from JALOVE? I'm worried about her :clock::cry:

Me too, Sjb

Very tough.

Yardie, it's not an easy thing - I have dated men with kids in the past - My problem has never been with the children - I have almost always run into problems with the manipulative mothers - it amazes me how much people can use their kids to try to get money or get what they want - in my mind, you liked the person enough at one point to lay down with them - grow the f*** up and deal with each other on an adult level to work in your child's best interest.

I have no problem with being with a man with kids - I consider DJ's son my own, and do for him like I would my own child - But the emotional drama that can go along with it is really tough to get through sometimes.

The manipulation and the emotional drama would just be so much. It amazes me as well how some people can use their children as pawns. The games and manipulation are sickening. My own parents divorced and played those sick and twisted games. It was all about the child support. My dad didn't really want my sis with him...he wanted her there so he wouldn't have to pay for her. He tried to get me emancipated at 16 so he wouldn't have to pay for me. Some people have no shame.

So how do you deal with attempting to respect them when they are playing those games?

Yaads wah mek u tree drop dead :rofl::rofl:

Mi too busy a answa alla deh calls wi a git dat mi nah have any time fi wata or care fi it ;)

ahhaa..u crack me up

where can i get one a dem tree? mi need one fi tru! mi and hubby soon forward a jamaica an phone ring daily wid requests.

welcome to the club..

Sus..u have me rollin ova yah so :rofl::lol:

We really should start a club. There are enough of us. I vote Kimmy the president cause she's best at keeping us all in line.

what is the craziest thing anyone has asked you to carry (or send) to ja? I mean some of this is just so dyam funny!!!

A vaccuum bag sealer.....they had a specific brand in mind.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Husband went to the polls with me today. He has really been excited about the election. His sister may have vote for someone he didn't support and he is not happy with her. But she hasn't admitted who she has voted for.

I wish I waited for Damien so he could go with me. He looked so sad this morning :(

Andre told me he's voting next time. He seems so excited. Hope he doesn't talk about it for 4 years!

lawny, how come every time dwayne got an ailment all his remedies include alcohol...LOL... what is it about JA that alcohol kills/cures everything? and do these cures work? his stomach is bothering him so he said he was going to get some gin and salt? seems to me not only would my stomach hurt but i would have a buzz along with it....LOL

Lawny NAWW. that dyam boy aint came back yet..

Girl, yard man u deh wid one a so more a dem tan...

Marcel went to the dentist today and they told him his teeth is perfect :angry: while I've done everything to take care of my teeth floss and all and they're still JACKED up

Just the luck of the draw, Tre.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
I just heard on the news that in one place here some people had to wait like 7 hours to vote. :o:o

Where was that, Dillon?

I went right around 12:30 yesterday. In and out. It was awesome. Glad I didn't stand in that line for 3 hours in the early morning.

honestly yaads i dont remember, i get it every time i go to texas and i was just craving it, it has cilantro and lime juice and cod fish and i cant remember what else but its really really good. I went over to the mexican forum but one lady said she wasnt certain. If i could travel elsewhere but jamaica with my few dollars maybe i could get back to texas...lol

Seems almost every hispanic/mexican cod stew recipe I saw had all those ingredients :lol: Good luck trying to figure it out :thumbs:

I just heard on the news that in one place here some people had to wait like 7 hours to vote. :o:o

Wow that is crazy. I wonder what they will do if people are still in line when the polls are technically suppose to close? :unsure:

We closed at 7 pm. If you were IN line at 7, you were allowed to vote no matter how long it took to get through it.

Wow what a wait. What states are u gals in?

I went at 7am and was in and out. No line no waiting. But my state is a slam dunk.

Missouri

wow!! People are hyped!

Oh yeah, Evan got his SSN today! Woo Hoo!! :dancing: So now he is super official and can apply for jobs! I'm gonna hook his resume up and he plans on applying to some city jobs. Wish us luck!

Good luck Marlita!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Bway mi did di Nuh Linga Sweep all thru mi yaad last nite when Obama was declared di winner!

:dance::dance::dance:

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Have a glorious day at work everyone! I am still elated about last night.

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline
I told my parents I would break open my bottle of Island Coconut Rum Cream if Obama wins. Does anyone knows what I should add to it? Or it's okay on ice?

Just ice

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
HEy SOL, wha gwaan?

okay ladies though we are all following election stuff, i have a proposed topic, either for tonight or tomorrow... if u and your mate were of two different faiths, would you convert to his religion or expect him to convert to yours??? and what if the belief was profoundly different, example your a christian and he is a jehovahs witness?

anyone care to give up an opinion??

do you think that you two could live cohesively without making it a mission to convert one another?

Yes. I am Catholic. Andre is pretty much nothing. I don't try to convert him.

I have a friend who is Southern Baptist. Her husband is Jewish. They each share in the holidays and raising the kids pretty unbiased until they can decide for themselves what they want to do.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

THANKS GUYS...

SORRY MAWNIN ALL....YEAAAAA OBAMA..U SHOULDA KASHI A PUSH MI OUTTA DI CYAR FI GO VOTE...HE'S SOOOOO EXCITED :dance::dance:

JG..I WILL RUN FOR PRESIDENT :rofl:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Hope everyone has a blessed day today, im on some sort of victory high myself this morning. DOnt forget im looking for a floor to sleep on for inaug ( yall know what im trying to spell )....LOL

Timeline
I am still waiting to see if Missouri goes BLUE tonight!

I know he already won but I really want Missouri to be blue. :D

Missouri and Virginia were grey. What did that mean? Split?????

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline
Have a glorious day at work everyone! I am still elated about last night.

Me too :dance: Wonder if Condi Rice needs help packing :innocent:

You didn't see the students with the moving boxes and tape...I fell out laughing this morning.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
WE WONNNNNN>>>>>YEahhhhH

:dance::dance::dance::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I can't go to sleep now, I am so excited! I have to see Obama's speech. I am so gonna cry when my alarm goes off in the morning.

There is no way I can go to sleep either! Heck I am crying now I am so happy! :crying::crying::crying:

Me too :crying::dance::crying::dance: but I didn't wanna tell ya'll and be the only one, lmao! This is a great day in history and for once I feel like my vote finally mattered. I have always been very involved with politics but it was like things never went towards my beliefs.

You aren't going to be the only one crying. This is a great day in history!!!! I feel the same way as you...The last 8 years have been very frustrating.

WHO IN THE DC AREA IS GOING TO VOLUNTEER TO PUT US UP SO WE CAN GO TO THE INAUGuration????? :whistle::thumbs:

Right Sol.....I wonder if we can get some volunteers?

Bet Gill will be there!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

U KNOW HONEY SOME RELIGIONS WON'T MARRY ANOTHER..IF I AM NOT MISTAKEN..JEHOVAH WITNESS DON'T MARRY OUTSIDE....

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.