SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 9)

5,792 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
As far as I understand whichever candidate wins the most electoral votes wins. Popular vote doesn't really matter. In 2004 Kerry won the most popular vote but Bush won the electoral so he got presidency. Someone correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure that is how it works.

This slays me :angry::angry: Why do we vote then?? If the pop vote is not important? :angry:

Our votes decide the electoral votes, as I understand it.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

HEy SOL, wha gwaan?

okay ladies though we are all following election stuff, i have a proposed topic, either for tonight or tomorrow... if u and your mate were of two different faiths, would you convert to his religion or expect him to convert to yours??? and what if the belief was profoundly different, example your a christian and he is a jehovahs witness?

anyone care to give up an opinion??

do you think that you two could live cohesively without making it a mission to convert one another?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
HEy SOL, wha gwaan?

okay ladies though we are all following election stuff, i have a proposed topic, either for tonight or tomorrow... if u and your mate were of two different faiths, would you convert to his religion or expect him to convert to yours??? and what if the belief was profoundly different, example your a christian and he is a jehovahs witness?

do you think that you two could live cohesively without making it a mission to convert one another?

My SO and I are of two different religions. I don't expect him to convert to mine and he doesn't expect me to convert to his. I would like to learn about it so see what is the basis of his faith but other then that I have expectations.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

OMG WE'RE WITNESSING HISTORY IN THE MAKING!!!

ok...going back to catch up now :lol:

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Timeline

well i am a christian and D is Jehovahs Witness and he just wants me to listen to what they have to say and see if i agree with there doctrine, and i told him i expect him on the front pew of my church to hear what they are saying as well....LOL...

Timeline
HEy SOL, wha gwaan?

My SO and I are of two different religions. I don't expect him to convert to mine and he doesn't expect me to convert to his. I would like to learn about it so see what is the basis of his faith but other then that I have expectations.

IMO it would not matter to me. We chose our SO as they are, we should not get into a relationship and think we can "change" that person. Now I would be open to learning as much as I could about his faith. Who knows maybe it would be more suitable to me than what I follow now.

Edited by classychic77

Timeline

Awww Honey...stay up longer this is history! Bust out that rum cream girl!

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Timeline
HEy SOL, wha gwaan?

Well I am a Christian and I am not to be unequally yoked which wouuld mean being married to a non believer or someone of another faith so I try my best to stay away from this situation as I have learned from my past mistakes. It just makes for a lot of frustrartion and confusion much rather be with someone like minded on faith.

Opportunities are like sunrises - if you wait too long, you miss them.

William Arthur Ward

Timeline

I am up way past my bed time and you are all so quiet!

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: Timeline
wanna know whats weird, i have set my computer to the correct time and it keeps resetting itself, my post show the correct time, but my computer currently says it is 5:50 pm, when it is actually 8:50. Im kinda tired and wanna go to bed but im trying to follow the election.

where is Ms NElly at tonight, im cooking her chicken and dumplings recipe in my crockpot and it smells so good, i cant wait till it finishes cooking.

No one has been adding to the yardie recipe thread, and JALOVE is sick, so i need some more recipes to cook. I swear ever since i got my pressure cooker that is all i use....LOL

HEY HONEY I ASLO WAS PLAN ON COOKING THE CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS BUT GOT SLEEPY SO TOMORROW LET ME KNOW HOW YOU LIKE IT

MY HAPPINESS IS SOLELY UP TO ME AND

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

***SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FORGET HOW YOU FEEL AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU DESERVE***

Timeline
I am up way past my bed time and you are all so quiet!

I'm still here :dance: And I am so going to pay for it at work tomorrow. But I have to stay up to watch all this!

THEY JUST CALLED IT!!!!!

BARACK OBAMA!!!! PRESIDENT ELECT :dance::dance::dance:

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.