SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 9)

5,792 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning Marie87 I see u down there.

Well a couple of weeks ago someone raised a question abt ur SO children. Well my SO's daughter will be coming from Jamaica in the next couple of weeks. She is 6 years old. I never been a step parent b4. Any tips? Have any of u ladies been a stepparent or even a step child?

I am a step-child with both a stepmother and stepfather. The biggest thing I can stress is let her know that you are not taking her mom's place, but to welcome her within your family as if she is one of your very own children. I dated a guy who had 2 older children and I loved them as much as my own. I would kiss them goodnight along with my two, after they indicated they wanted it. You have to move at her pace. Make her feel as if she belongs there as much as any of you. It's also important that your family accepts her as well - don't allow them to show favoritism to your daughter in front of her.

My daughter is 6 right now. She is going through a streak of independence so I choose my battles, so get ready for that plus her adjustment problems. Shower her with love but be firm. This will be the time to lay the groundwork that will last throughout your relationship.

Out of curiousity, is she coming up on the K2 or did you file for her with the I30? Is your husband flying down to get her?

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Re: the whole moving convo...

Has anyone lived on both sides of the US for long periods of time? I am a total west coast girl...born and raised. I often wonder what it would be like on the east coast but so many people say how different it is and how much of a change it is. Is it really that different? Anyone lived on both and can give some insight?

I grew up on the west coast and now I live on the east coast it is a big change but not intolerable. Just different. In my opinion people on the west coast are more open to change and different things. I've been on the east coast about 8 almost 9 years now.

Opportunities are like sunrises - if you wait too long, you miss them.

William Arthur Ward

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Lita...your inbox is full :blink:

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Timeline
Lita...your inbox is full :blink:

what's new :)

marie...all now mi no get no info for u huh..mi soon forward some stuff fi yuh

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Are there enough jobs out that way, though?

I don't know that - but you can work in the city - Reality is, for me - It wouldn't be that different than what I am doing now - I have a 30 mile commute to work, which typically takes anywhere from 45 min to 2 hrs if I drive it.

aww i know exactlty what ur saying ..r u on the hutch or the 95 ?

ok i'm pisses of this morning..gotta get into my smiley mood

Hope this makes you laugh:

128702814032512963.jpg

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
JG-I have never voted in Missouri before, how long of a wait do you think it will be tomorrow? Just wondering.

Hopefully, you have a less then busy polling place. I saw one of those on Grand near SLU. Mine was wrapped around the school yard and on down the block. I'm going to leave here at noon and go back. It was too cold this a.m. to stand out there for hours.

Just heard that Obama's grandmother died...hope she rest in peace (F)

A victory today will be bittersweet. Poor guy.

Ya I am heading out in about an hour. Hopefully it has died down by then. I am working from home today since my little one doesn't have school.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

:rofl::rofl: that is hilarious Sus..thanks...

I'm pisses caused i get up to get mysel fand the girls ready and Kashi gets up after and instead of puttin the peddle to the meddle he's strollin from bathroom to kitchen and a ####### up foot fi drink tea... :bonk::bonk: and i'm trying to get out the house so Kimora was late for school.... :angry::angry:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
i guess in that case her legs look like the eclipse. man i have seen so many unattractive pregnant women in my time that if i become one i will break my mirrors until i recover from the ugliness.

sorry to be so vain but i am not the only one looking at me when i take that plunge so i pray that the only thing i gain is plenty of breast and a little more a###ss

jakeswife

You are funny Jakeswife. Some women get prettier (well glow) during pregnancy. Not everyone turns into monsters.

that's why as soon as i get pregnant i will go down on my kness with my mother in law and pray for a glow. i need girl power and when 2 and more people pray together alot can happen. as i said before sorry to be so vain but i am going to be pregnant 3 times if my husband has anything to say about it so i think it's only fair to look good when i am untaking such task.

I will pray it works for you..cause when u live on a bathroom floor vomiting ur guts out..u don't care how you look..good luck to u

hold on...I'm just trying to get that visual!

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: Timeline

I'm pisses caused i get up to get mysel fand the girls ready and Kashi gets up after and instead of puttin the peddle to the meddle he's strollin from bathroom to kitchen and a ####### up foot fi drink tea... :bonk::bonk: and i'm trying to get out the house so Kimora was late for school.... :angry::angry:

DWL Kimmy :rofl: typical yard man...like time ago wait pon dem

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

girl mr jengs always slow down, when I want him to speed up!

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline

Sorry your day had to start like that Kimmy...you should have been pinching him right on his #######!!

Shake it off, it will get better.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

DWL Kimmy :rofl: typical yard man...like time ago wait pon dem

LMAO - DJ ALWAYS does that - it's gotten to the point that I start telling him we are leaving an hour earlier than I actually plan to leave - and ALWAYS set the clocks to run fast!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mawnin Yardies,

Hope all is well with you guy's.

How is JALOVE.... So sorry to hear about her and hope she's better. (F) (h)

Back to work tomorrow for me. Ugh! Ray is doing good for those of you interested. We'll see how he does when I o back to work.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.