SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 9)

5,792 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
i considered ATL also cause i like it, but its too congested for me.. dang near everyone i know has relocated to aTL. I thought about FLorida too, but i dont think so, i would only move there cause of the proximity to JA and the ability for us to fly home, well to his home cheaply. Never been to North Carolina, but heard it is nice

You are probably going to find the D.C. area too congested then too.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Come on down Sus;

My girlfriend moved from Atl to DC in March she was making $40,000 as paralegal, I forwarded her resume to a top firm in DC and she's making $85,000 now plus overtime. So,my girl come on down. And if you get in the government all I can say is $$$$$$$$$$

I think I will have to send you my resume :devil:

Costs in DC / MD are very similar to here - the prices don't shock me. My best friend from HS used to live in MD, and her sister has a brownstone in Little Italy -

i considered ATL also cause i like it, but its too congested for me.. dang near everyone i know has relocated to aTL. I thought about FLorida too, but i dont think so, i would only move there cause of the proximity to JA and the ability for us to fly home, well to his home cheaply. Never been to North Carolina, but heard it is nice

Not really, JG - if you go to the outskirts and surrounding areas, there are some rural places - but you are close enough to the city.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
WESTMORELANDLOVE.

hi i am from westmoreland so it's interesting to see that name on here. you said earlier that we know your story but i am in the dark about your journey. i am not asking you to relive the uncomfortable moments if there's any but i just want to get an understanding about your story if that's ok with you.

jakeswife

Jakeswife;

I have a lot of family in Sav, where are you from....you know all now my cousin don't call mi back.

well tre i thought you have forgotten me. i am from seaton cresent in sav la mar until age 17 i moved to montego bay then to grand cayman and now back to jamaica , montego bay to be exact then off to indiana.

Where did you live in Montego Bay?

Lawny, well dyam can you hook a sista up, i am a mental health social worker, i have worked with juveniles in corrections , shoot i got foster care experience, i have worked in the court system as a victim witness advocate, give me a link so i can get the hell outta michigan PleeeeAAASSSEEEE!!!!

Lawd, I have to see if I still have contact with my LSW friends. Here is the thing with DC area the housing...JG will tell you she's visited the area and Misch, sbj, Roxie will all tell you it no cheap. I've lived in New York, Georgia and Florida. I made a killing in the early 90s as a legal secretary in Manhattan...we didn't have to pay for housing or living expenses we were working on a large case for 14 months...I had so much fun I was only 22 years old. I want to live in Connecticut, some of the houses I saw there were so beautiful and HUGEEEEE. I've also lived in Bronx, Queens and Mt. Vernon and a few months in Yonkers, but Manhattan was the BOMB! Lord, Florida was a headache only perk...I never paid more than $200 for a ticket to Jamaica and would go to jamaica 2 times a month...no kids no real reponsiblity so I had the funds...

No, nothing is cheap in D.C. And it's crowded. Coming from the midwest to visit there a couple of times was a huge shock to my system.

My husband is just starting off at a jr college and just has to take a placement test. You dont need to go back to the GED if you have a diploma. Once you get into the college, no job can tell you you dont have a HS degree cause you are already in college. So he doenst have to go the GED way if he doesnt want to .

Oh ok...will consider that then...he will definitely need to continue an adult literacy program to bring up to speed his reading and writing skills and once that is up to par then he can just consider doing the jr college route...that sounds like a much better plan...thanks for the insight... :thumbs:

We went this route and it's been 3 months and he's already improved a whole lot. His math skills are excellent. Next month he starts a college math course. He did excellent on the math placement test...better than I did back in the day.

Jakeswife, you just made me joke on my bullybeef and rice bout "her neck got really dark you could grate coconut on it"....my grandmother was a midwife and that' show I would hear her describe some of the woman...i'm sitting here cracking up

Lita, how is Evan doing?

Hello dere,

I'm trying to implement a no patios in the house thing for a while, cause I notice mr jengs just uses different words.

We don't really. Unless we are on the phone to JA or he's really mad.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I agree with Marie.

Good Morning Ladies I voted an hour ago. I was the 5th person in line.

Jengs wah gwaan..

ok..can we talk about something other than Lawny and Marcel sex life and her ovulation schedule..cho

Kimmy this is for you :bonk::bonk: u lucky mi caan fine a karate one :bonk:

hahahahaa....a lie mi a tell :whistle:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Lawny, well dyam can you hook a sista up, i am a mental health social worker, i have worked with juveniles in corrections , shoot i got foster care experience, i have worked in the court system as a victim witness advocate, give me a link so i can get the hell outta michigan PleeeeAAASSSEEEE!!!!

Lawd, I have to see if I still have contact with my LSW friends. Here is the thing with DC area the housing...JG will tell you she's visited the area and Misch, sbj, Roxie will all tell you it no cheap. I've lived in New York, Georgia and Florida. I made a killing in the early 90s as a legal secretary in Manhattan...we didn't have to pay for housing or living expenses we were working on a large case for 14 months...I had so much fun I was only 22 years old. I want to live in Connecticut, some of the houses I saw there were so beautiful and HUGEEEEE. I've also lived in Bronx, Queens and Mt. Vernon and a few months in Yonkers, but Manhattan was the BOMB! Lord, Florida was a headache only perk...I never paid more than $200 for a ticket to Jamaica and would go to jamaica 2 times a month...no kids no real reponsiblity so I had the funds...

See I've been thinking of Florida. I'm a Cali girl so I cant handle cold weather places. Why did you not like Florida? I dont know much about it, except love the humid weather. I like new Orleans areas too, and maybe Georgia also. Otherwise I'm just moving outta the country. I cant handle anywhere cold. Like right now its 60 some degrees and my butt is freezing.

Florida is pretty expensive too. I have a friend that just bought a $750,000 house there that I KNOW would've been around $250,000 there. He keeps trying to get me to go down there and work for him. I'm not having none of that.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

WOW jg THAT'SA big jump..my mom owns in Florida...and u can def get houses for that much but it's huge a comes with alot...it's like ATL in Florida..the prices sway sooo much

ok i'm pisses of this morning..gotta get into my smiley mood

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Good morning Marie87 I see u down there.

Well a couple of weeks ago someone raised a question abt ur SO children. Well my SO's daughter will be coming from Jamaica in the next couple of weeks. She is 6 years old. I never been a step parent b4. Any tips? Have any of u ladies been a stepparent or even a step child?

I have been a step-parent. And, I am a mother. Do you have kids, 1Luv? If I remember right, you do. It's the same thing. Once you integrate her into the US and your live, it's just like your own child(ren).

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Well a couple of weeks ago someone raised a question abt ur SO children. Well my SO's daughter will be coming from Jamaica in the next couple of weeks. She is 6 years old. I never been a step parent b4. Any tips? Have any of u ladies been a stepparent or even a step child?

I have been a step-parent. And, I am a mother. Do you have kids, 1Luv? If I remember right, you do. It's the same thing. Once you integrate her into the US and your live, it's just like your own child(ren).

it can't be any other way

Timeline
Someone wake me up. I'm going home soon. Came in to set up some conference calls and meetings then I'm out . Only 10 people comming in today in my Dept.

Yeah, I am out at noon too. Going to go vote, pick up my husband from work, and get his stupid passport photos taken. Apparently the JA embassy in D.C. found some microscopic glare on his forehead and wants them retaken. GD them. I swear to you, I couldn't see it.

Come on down Sus;

My girlfriend moved from Atl to DC in March she was making $40,000 as paralegal, I forwarded her resume to a top firm in DC and she's making $85,000 now plus overtime. So,my girl come on down. And if you get in the government all I can say is $$$$$$$$$$

I think I will have to send you my resume :devil:

Costs in DC / MD are very similar to here - the prices don't shock me. My best friend from HS used to live in MD, and her sister has a brownstone in Little Italy -

Not really, JG - if you go to the outskirts and surrounding areas, there are some rural places - but you are close enough to the city.

Are there enough jobs out that way, though?

it can't be any other way

Yep. What I meant was it wasn't anything to really worry about. Once that intitial adjustment is over, it's just the same.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
As some of you know I had to write my ill Grandmother a letter in September (her request) and I had a hard time. She died Oct. 18. This past weekend after her wake I received a letter from her and I wanted to share a part that really touched me. Don't know if it will have the same effect on any of you but I felt compelled to share.

"I want to tell you the kind of human being I hope you will become. The most important things in this world are people, family, and relationships. Never money, status, possessions, or professions, ect.

The world is full of hurt people caused by selfish, violent people. Hurt people that hurt people. Your job is to find that broken heart, give it love, acceptance, and a place in this world. Never look at someone as bad (evil) look way beyond that to help them heal."

That's beautiful Classy. She sounded very wise as her words are very true.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: Timeline

Kimmy check you PM box

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

I don't know that - but you can work in the city - Reality is, for me - It wouldn't be that different than what I am doing now - I have a 30 mile commute to work, which typically takes anywhere from 45 min to 2 hrs if I drive it.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

I don't know that - but you can work in the city - Reality is, for me - It wouldn't be that different than what I am doing now - I have a 30 mile commute to work, which typically takes anywhere from 45 min to 2 hrs if I drive it.

aww i know exactlty what ur saying ..r u on the hutch or the 95 ?

Timeline

Which goes back to my too congested comment. I've been all over that city during the week days and the crowds are not for me.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.