SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 9)

5,792 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
WESTMORELANDLOVE.

hi i am from westmoreland so it's interesting to see that name on here. you said earlier that we know your story but i am in the dark about your journey. i am not asking you to relive the uncomfortable moments if there's any but i just want to get an understanding about your story if that's ok with you.

jakeswife

Jakeswife;

I have a lot of family in Sav, where are you from....you know all now my cousin don't call mi back.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Finally was able to catch up....too many things to quote so i decided to just finish reading up and what i remembered I will post later...

First i want to say to JALOVE that I hope everything is ok and she has a speedy recovery...My nephew had a seizure when he was 2yrs old and it was the scariest thing to every witness so my heart goes out to her hubby and her fam...i know how they are feeling right now...

My hubby has a high school diploma but his books were not his priority at that time...he is not really a strong reader or writer so he is taking some adult classes to help build up his reading and writing skills...once he gets up here he wants to continue education and get his GED...and depending on how he feels after the GED he will decide if he want to continue college or just learn a trade...it will be what he decides...i will advise him along the way if he has any questions...I am here to support...he is very ambitious so i have a lot of faith in him... :D

Me and my husband already decided about the whole prep thing when it comes to interview...my hubby is very shy and gets nervous in front of people easily so i would need to help him get over that nervousness....

I lived in the Bronx all 28 years of my life in the same zip code....and i honestly can admit that i know almost no one... :bonk: ...but where i live is mostly a JA community so people here will say goodmorning to you and goodnight and things like that...when it is summertime we have some people blasting their car radio with JA tunes and we have a lot of JA clubs in my area...i don't really go to any unless its someone I know throwing it but once hubby comes down if he wants to go to a few i wouldn't mind taking him...there is violence of course but it just depends on the crowd you follow...I like my neighborhood and I don't think i will move anytime soon and I know my husband will fit right in...

I don't really have a long drawn out comment about the whole white and black thing because it doesn't bother me, it doesn't concern me and i really could care less....I have my own relationship to focus on.... ;)

You need to get a GED when you already have a diploma?

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

:ot: has anyone seen the new spike lee movie Miracle at St Anna??

i hear its really good, i of course have it on boot leg, but never have time to watch it since i now work 7 days a week ( shaking head)

Timeline
j gay.. i just skimmed and saw somewhere that u got ur interview date.. now I see its on your timeline.. been a long time coming luv.. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I know u cried cried cried when u found out LOL

Honey cmon down here to TX.. I like living here although Jay, i don't know many neighbors either.. I don't think its my neighbors as much as its me.. I kind of stay to myself..I am thinking of moving to FL maybe, RG really wants to live there.. Honey why did u not like the idea of Fl too much?? i heard property taxes are high.. houses here are much cheaper but I think I won't find cheaper ANYWHERE else so i might as well quit looking at that..

ok..gotta go.. have a good night yaadies!!!

yes indeed...couldn't believe...still somehow can't believe...I had a little scare though today...i'm planning on going down for the interview and their is only three people in my group and one my other co-worker is going be out those two days...and she planned it since this summer that she was going to be out the first two weeks of Dec...so she wasn't going to change it but my boss was like its ok for me to take it off since she knew i was waiting for soo long and she wouldn't want me to reschedule the interview...she was like she will try to handle those days alone...i most say she is the best boss i ever had...

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Filed: Timeline
C'mon down. MD and VA are nice places to live. You get the best of both worlds....the city and the 'burbs.

Trust me, I look at Jobs there ALL the time!

Come on down Sus;

My girlfriend moved from Atl to DC in March she was making $40,000 as paralegal, I forwarded her resume to a top firm in DC and she's making $85,000 now plus overtime. So,my girl come on down. And if you get in the government all I can say is $$$$$$$$$$

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Lawny. Did you, Marcel and Auri have fun today?

Yes, we did. They have more plans for tomorrow. I'm going to vote and go to work. Misch, wants to do an American restaurant, that's cool as long as they have chicken or fish Marcel won't touch redmeat or pork.

That's sweet. It doesn't matter. Damien doesn't eat pork either but we're open to anything.

Timeline
obamas grandmother just died

R.I.P

can you imagine what stress his body and heart and mind are feeling right now?

He said: "She was the cornerstone of our family, and a woman of extraordinary accomplishment, strength, and humility. She was the person who encouraged and allowed us to take chances."

sorry if this is a re-post

AWWWWWW that is so sad. She didn't get to see her Grandson become President. (F)

I saw this earlier too. So sad , cause she was so close to seeing it. I know his heart is aching. I feel for him cause of his family all being mostly gone. Its so sad.

Timeline

Lawny, well dyam can you hook a sista up, i am a mental health social worker, i have worked with juveniles in corrections , shoot i got foster care experience, i have worked in the court system as a victim witness advocate, give me a link so i can get the hell outta michigan PleeeeAAASSSEEEE!!!!

Timeline
speaking of big noses, i was having a debate with my coworkers who are white that black women, most of the ones that i know, myself included when i was pregnant my nose went halfway across my face, and when i had my son, it went back to normal, this happened with both babies, but they swear a persons nose cant stretch...LOL>> i tell them its a black thang....

jakes wife, im with you, i cant wait to have another child, this time with my SO, i thought i was done, as indicated by the wired grey hair that will not lay down with all the gel in the world sticking off the side of my head but heck i still got a little time, im only 36...:lol:

honey i thought u were going to lock your hair. my fear about having big nose came from seeing my friends'nose when she was preggers. she was not cute and her neck got really dark you could grate coconut on it.

it was a sight. thank god it cleared up after the birth of her baby girl.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
j gay.. i just skimmed and saw somewhere that u got ur interview date.. now I see its on your timeline.. been a long time coming luv.. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I know u cried cried cried when u found out LOL

Honey cmon down here to TX.. I like living here although Jay, i don't know many neighbors either.. I don't think its my neighbors as much as its me.. I kind of stay to myself..I am thinking of moving to FL maybe, RG really wants to live there.. Honey why did u not like the idea of Fl too much?? i heard property taxes are high.. houses here are much cheaper but I think I won't find cheaper ANYWHERE else so i might as well quit looking at that..

ok..gotta go.. have a good night yaadies!!!

yes indeed...couldn't believe...still somehow can't believe...I had a little scare though today...i'm planning on going down for the interview and their is only three people in my group and one my other co-worker is going be out those two days...and she planned it since this summer that she was going to be out the first two weeks of Dec...so she wasn't going to change it but my boss was like its ok for me to take it off since she knew i was waiting for soo long and she wouldn't want me to reschedule the interview...she was like she will try to handle those days alone...i most say she is the best boss i ever had...

That's great :thumbs: Glad everything is working out for you.

Timeline

Some jobs won't recognize HS Diploma from other countries...if it was a university degree than maybe but I know some places won't accept his JA HS Diploma...he wants the extra education anyway and since he didn't really get an education at his school he feels he needs it...At his school aslong as you show up you pass and will get a degree....so he just showed up to look at the girls in his class.... :wacko:

Edited by jgay80

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Timeline

Jakes wife, LMAO at the coconut comment, i do want to lock my hair and i also want all the chemicals out of it, as the older i get it just doesnt bounce back like it used to, cause i keep putting all these dyam braids and weaves in it, but My SO got a problem with me locking my hair, he likes locks but doesnt want me to lock mine :blink: well i got a problem with him wearing his hair "rolley" but that is what he likes, though i prefer it when its cut close to his head, to each his own not that i really give a flip, the issue comes from that little unattractive phase i would have to go thru after cutting it all off and the lock process, trying to feel feminine and keep the dykes off me ( no offense ) to anyone....LOOL>.. i dont know if you were on VJ when i posted this awhile back but i used to wear my hair natural and long story short i had a female stalker, she was bound and determined to make me her women and even now the secretary here who could pass for george bush little brother likes to hem me up in the ladies room and make small talk so i just gotta get comfortable within my skin, again before i cut it all off, i think its the only way im gonna have strong healthy hair again. I think mrs p looks really cute with hers, so i need to take that plunge

Edited by honeychild36

Timeline
speaking of big noses, i was having a debate with my coworkers who are white that black women, most of the ones that i know, myself included when i was pregnant my nose went halfway across my face, and when i had my son, it went back to normal, this happened with both babies, but they swear a persons nose cant stretch...LOL>> i tell them its a black thang....

jakes wife, im with you, i cant wait to have another child, this time with my SO, i thought i was done, as indicated by the wired grey hair that will not lay down with all the gel in the world sticking off the side of my head but heck i still got a little time, im only 36... :lol:

honey i thought u were going to lock your hair. my fear about having big nose came from seeing my friends'nose when she was preggers. she was not cute and her neck got really dark you could grate coconut on it.

it was a sight. thank god it cleared up after the birth of her baby girl.

:rofl: OMG!!! You a mess for that one! But its sooooo true! My sis was the same way. Freaking pregnancy shadow. My other sis, developed a dark line down the middle of both legs and thighs. It was like a complete straight split line. One side was dark one was light. Absolutely crazy what the melanin in our skin does to us.

Timeline
WESTMORELANDLOVE.

hi i am from westmoreland so it's interesting to see that name on here. you said earlier that we know your story but i am in the dark about your journey. i am not asking you to relive the uncomfortable moments if there's any but i just want to get an understanding about your story if that's ok with you.

jakeswife

Jakeswife;

I have a lot of family in Sav, where are you from....you know all now my cousin don't call mi back.

well tre i thought you have forgotten me. i am from seaton cresent in sav la mar until age 17 i moved to montego bay then to grand cayman and now back to jamaica , montego bay to be exact then off to indiana.

Timeline

Some jobs won't recognize HS Diploma from other countries...if it was a university degree than maybe but I know some places won't accept his JA HS Diploma...he wants the extra education anyway and since he didn't really get an education at his school he feels he needs it...At his school aslong as you show up you pass and will get a degree....so he just showed up to look at the girls in his class.... :wacko:

My husband is just starting off at a jr college and just has to take a placement test. You dont need to go back to the GED if you have a diploma. Once you get into the college, no job can tell you you dont have a HS degree cause you are already in college. So he doenst have to go the GED way if he doesnt want to .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.