Yardies at home and farrin (part 9)

5,792 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
aww this sucks, yall been chatting for like 4 hours since i got offline, now i finally catch up and everyone is :blink:

( sighing)

guess i will come back later

don't go honey...

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

dillon... i guess i missed all the good stuff but i had to work and couldnt log on, now im here till 8 oclock with nothing to do, well technically im supposed to be working but ummm NO< its late and im going to chat on VJ( maybe) and read sundays paper...LOL

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I have been thinking about moving to Texas once dwayne gets here, but i want him to have a decision in where we move so im thinking we will do a little traveling. I have never been to Cali though i have an aunt who lives there, michigan is just too dyam cold and the people arent friendly, and everyone here has road rage including me...LOL.. i would like to visit DC/MD area but am concerned it would be to pricey for me to afford to live, as i have never researched jobs in the area, i also hear that North Carolina is very nice. I just want someplace that is a little metropolitan cause i like noise and hustle and bustle and a little teensy bit country.

Atlanta was my top pick. Now I'm researching Florida and North Carolina although it may be too quiet for hubby.

Timeline

i considered ATL also cause i like it, but its too congested for me.. dang near everyone i know has relocated to aTL. I thought about FLorida too, but i dont think so, i would only move there cause of the proximity to JA and the ability for us to fly home, well to his home cheaply. Never been to North Carolina, but heard it is nice

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
i agree Lita that this country is not very friendly..don't think it's a blanket statement, some individuals are friendly..

Right. I of course dont know everbody in the country, but as a general statement, the US is not a very friendly country. many other countries see this in us too. I think it just takes seeing others countries style to realize it. Of course there are other countries worse than us, but there are some better than us. Its just an American style thats all.

absolutely, JG we are not talkin gindividuals here..how many of u fear being left on the side of the road in the middle of the day...b/c b4 anyone stops a 100 ppl will pass

I have been stopped on the side of the rode. Flat tire on the highway. I had a lady pick me up and give me a ride to my house. I wasn't even amazed by it. I knew someone would. It's one reason I love this city. It's big with a small town feel.

haha, come to LA an see if someone stop for a Black man on the roadside. Lawd! dem run im ova first!

Never been to CA; but I've always thought it probably wouldn't mesh well with me.

its not CA. This state is too bif to generalize it, but its just certain areas I think in the whole USA that a Black man on the roadside aint a good idea.

Lita I grew up in Cali and I've been to a lot of different areas in Cali and i can't think of a place where a black man could get help. Maybe in Lompoc or somewhere like that. LOL shoot even Chris Tucker and Lavar Burton get harrassed in Cali. :lol:

I live in Cali and it depends on the area and what you look like. Not every situation out here ends up bad (the majority do, unfortunately) but all in all Cali (at least the Bay Area) isn't the worst of the worst.

That's the truth too many places in this country it depends on what you look like and where people feel you should or should not be at any given time. That is the truth and it is what it is. But I still love my home state and feel it as well as many other places could stand improvement.

Starting with putting more money into public schools, and cracking down on drug offenders...if you get caught out in Cali w/ drugs on you and say you're addicted, you will be admitted to rehab and not serve jail time. A relative of mine was hustlin hard (seriously, he came up close to $100k within 6 months of being flat broke) and he got caught, told the cops it was for personal use, and he goes to a rehab/halfway house :lol: ain't that some bull! They should have sent his azz to jail!

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Timeline
WHY WESTMORELAND SO QUIET...HEY GIRL...

Hello - it was crazy at work Friday. The residents were really acting up. LOL I usually just read and laugh, cry, etc. with all the things you ladies are experiencing. If you've read my story - then you know why I'm quiet. I really enjoy being here reading, responding (when possible) regardless of how things turned out for me.

Thanks for the shout out!

Pam

Girl, i know ur story and i really feel for you and I really wanted you to know that you are welcomed here no matter the outcome..we love u always ..so come on in when u feel..we talk more about everything but the VISA JOURNEY :blink:

Honestly, I feel that way about anyone in the same situation. This is no exclusive club. Once you are family, you are family!

I agree - Kimmy and JG beat me to it -

GroupHug.gif

I love all of you, too. If it had not been for the words of encouragement/advice/insight from my VJ sisters I wouldn't have made it through my tough time. I enjoy finding out about different places to stay in Jamaica, transportation, etc. I'm going to Sumfest in July 2009 and the information I read on here I save it to my "Jamaica" list :)

My friends thought I wouldn't want to ever go back to Jamaica after my divorce - I didn't just fall in love with him (the "ex") - but I fell in love with the culture, food, and the people of Jamaica. It's been said several times before on here VJ is addictive :P .

Pam

Timeline
I live in Cali and it depends on the area and what you look like. Not every situation out here ends up bad (the majority do, unfortunately) but all in all Cali (at least the Bay Area) isn't the worst of the worst.

I actully really like the bay area. One of my places I'd like to live. Its just a bit pricey in most areas.

The money paid for our place is money for a mortgage :angry: it is damn expensive here.

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

I forgot to post this earlier - prayers with you JALove :(

Have a good night everyone. Heading home to hubby and son :wub:

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Timeline
WESTMORELANDLOVE.

hi i am from westmoreland so it's interesting to see that name on here. you said earlier that we know your story but i am in the dark about your journey. i am not asking you to relive the uncomfortable moments if there's any but i just want to get an understanding about your story if that's ok with you.

jakeswife

No problem jakeswife - I'm not from Westmoreland - my ex was. As far as my story just click on my name and there you will be able to read my post.

I had to get over the outcome of "my journey" because everytime I thought about my outcome I became angry. I was told that he/she who angrys you, controls you. And that's the last thing I want.

Pam

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Starting with putting more money into public schools, and cracking down on drug offenders...if you get caught out in Cali w/ drugs on you and say you're addicted, you will be admitted to rehab and not serve jail time. A relative of mine was hustlin hard (seriously, he came up close to $100k within 6 months of being flat broke) and he got caught, told the cops it was for personal use, and he goes to a rehab/halfway house :lol: ain't that some bull! They should have sent his azz to jail!

Well I have a cousin that is in jail for like 17 years for the same kind of stuff only he was using it for personal use. It was his 3rd strike he is an addict. I think that is kind of stupid to waste up tax payer money to look up an addict for 17 years for a non violent crime. All his convictions were non violent drug addict things. Too me it is all too much bs in the system and I can't really see how 3 strikes is working.

Opportunities are like sunrises - if you wait too long, you miss them.

William Arthur Ward

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
WESTMORELANDLOVE.

hi i am from westmoreland so it's interesting to see that name on here. you said earlier that we know your story but i am in the dark about your journey. i am not asking you to relive the uncomfortable moments if there's any but i just want to get an understanding about your story if that's ok with you.

jakeswife

No problem jakeswife - I'm not from Westmoreland - my ex was. As far as my story just click on my name and there you will be able to read my post.

I had to get over the outcome of "my journey" because everytime I thought about my outcome I became angry. I was told that he/she who angrys you, controls you. And that's the last thing I want.

Pam

I believe that too.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

thank you sus for the information.

westmorelandlove i admire your spirit and your ability to take comfort in god at this time. it seems that bitterness did not overcome you because your perspective about life and even jamaica is still a positive one.

jakeswife

Edited by jakeswife

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.