SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 9)

5,792 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Did that drive Kashi mad? I realize that going thru life or your day in Jamaica, music and patwah, and a few random cussouts is like daily life. he really misses that. its so much more vibrant in JA than it is here, no matter if you lived in NYC on Times Square. The American culture is so controlled and untrusting sometimes. I see it more and more now, and its sad to me.

OH YES !! WE HAD SOME WORDS LITA NO JOKE..IF I LIVED IN THE BUSH LIKE YAADS ( :) ) I PROLY WOULD HAVE GOTTEN A DIVORCE BY NOW..JUST CAUSE IT'S SO QUIET...GOOD THING HE COULD DRIVE FROM JA...IT'S TOUGH MAN GOTTA BE STRONG

yeah, thats are issue too. I think it just makes his home sickness kick in faster than normal. I mean being at home all day and in this country where people dont really take to talking to strangers to much cause they all so stuck up and instilled with fear from the rass government or media and gangs or whatever. Our country is not a very friendly one.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Did that drive Kashi mad? I realize that going thru life or your day in Jamaica, music and patwah, and a few random cussouts is like daily life. he really misses that. its so much more vibrant in JA than it is here, no matter if you lived in NYC on Times Square. The American culture is so controlled and untrusting sometimes. I see it more and more now, and its sad to me.

OH YES !! WE HAD SOME WORDS LITA NO JOKE..IF I LIVED IN THE BUSH LIKE YAADS ( :) ) I PROLY WOULD HAVE GOTTEN A DIVORCE BY NOW..JUST CAUSE IT'S SO QUIET...GOOD THING HE COULD DRIVE FROM JA...IT'S TOUGH MAN GOTTA BE STRONG

There will be many things, Marlita. I've always said that adjustment process can be long and grueling. Just remember some of us have already been through it and if we made it, so can you. Just hang in there and be patient and strong. You can do it.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
YAADS U GET HYPETV INNA DI BUSH :whistle::devil:

Big moose antlers on the roof pick up more then you imagine, Kimmy :devil:

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
JG ON THAT NOTE..HUBBY WENT TO BROOKLYN AND STATED WE LIVE WHERE WE'RE SUPPOSE TO..BROOKLYN TOO NOISY

I have to laugh at some of the stuff Andre says sometimes. I think (to myself, of course) boy, can't imagine you saying that 3...4....5 years ago!!!!!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Kimmy, arent you in NYC or near there? Did Kashi say it was quiet in your neighborhood? Evan has a hard time getting used to what he considers "quietness" here. Plus people dem nah friendly round yah.

Close enough Lita, wher we lived in NY was quiet and where we are now in CT is double quiet :)

You all live in the wrong cities or neighborhoods or something. We are wanting to move out of ours cause it's too noisy.

NO JG! Its noise, just not "vibes" noise. Its a big difference. No tree frogs at night, no crickets, no bike taxi or chicken or rooster, or old rasta patwah, or the latest selecta in the atmosphere spinning, or little squeaky voice kids in trees, or traffic and JA badwords, or the smell of some roadside vendor grilling. Its way different. The noise is just either not there, or way different.

Timeline

yeah, thats are issue too. I think it just makes his home sickness kick in faster than normal. I mean being at home all day and in this country where people dont really take to talking to strangers to much cause they all so stuck up and instilled with fear from the rass government or media and gangs or whatever. Our country is not a very friendly one.

I don't agree with that generalization across the board, Marlita.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Oh before I forget...A and I watch this video all the time and he told me I better share with the yardies :D Got a lot of the JA dances. True dancehall according to A :D

It wouldn't let me add it so here is the link:

Edited by Yardiewife

Timeline

Kimmy, arent you in NYC or near there? Did Kashi say it was quiet in your neighborhood? Evan has a hard time getting used to what he considers "quietness" here. Plus people dem nah friendly round yah.

Close enough Lita, wher we lived in NY was quiet and where we are now in CT is double quiet :)

You all live in the wrong cities or neighborhoods or something. We are wanting to move out of ours cause it's too noisy.

NO JG! Its noise, just not "vibes" noise. Its a big difference. No tree frogs at night, no crickets, no bike taxi or chicken or rooster, or old rasta patwah, or the latest selecta in the atmosphere spinning, or little squeaky voice kids in trees, or traffic and JA badwords, or the smell of some roadside vendor grilling. Its way different. The noise is just either not there, or way different.

It's new and different. Takes a lot of time to get used to something different sometimes.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Lita - A said very similar things when he got here. Things are just so quiet and different. I remember coming home from work and the radio blasting dancehall and the TV on HypeTV and all sorts of noise. It helped him feel more like in JA - hearing the music and the patwah and everything. To this day we still listen to a lot and watch JA movies and things, definitely helped boost his spirits.

Yeah Evan has already added speakers to my laptop and is on the JA internet stations for his music. it makes a difference. I told him I'll get him a sound machine of the outdoors sounds too.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Jg..i would think that the ppl wanting to file CR1 should discuss if they are gonna be apart for 2yrs so then they will get their 10yr..it's also cheaper in the end ?

wow..13 of us..and no duppies or guest..for the 1st time in a long time

Not really, in the two year period how many times do you fly out, all those plane ticket adds up.

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Timeline

Jakeswife.....you okay today? Hope yesterday didn't make you gun shy now!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
YAADS U GET HYPETV INNA DI BUSH :whistle::devil:

:rofl: We did...not anymore. Thank goodness for youtube!

:rofl::rofl: deserves x 10..ahahah

JG antlers :bonk::rofl::rofl:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Jg..i would think that the ppl wanting to file CR1 should discuss if they are gonna be apart for 2yrs so then they will get their 10yr..it's also cheaper in the end ?

wow..13 of us..and no duppies or guest..for the 1st time in a long time

Not really, in the two year period how many times do you fly out, all those plane ticket adds up.

In our case, I can't help thinking the same thing, Portland. And phone calls.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.